Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Thinking of fixing the linkgun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of fixing the linkgun.

The linkgun is probably the most annoying weapon in UT3 atm for two reasons.
    Bots just can't seem to miss with it and it locks you down your movement.

Now I've written a mutator that removes the lockdown and makes bots use primary instead of secondary fire (kinda like it was with the previous patch).

But I've noticed that I can go one tiny step further. I can actually tell the bots in what range to use the linkgun secondary.
    By default it's set to 900, so if your within that range the Bot is gonna use the secondary and your probably gonna die.

Currently I'm thinking of making it between two certain ranges instead like 600-900 or 450-900
    That way if you don't want to die via the Bot's secondary you can get in close or move out of range. Think this would be the best compromise.

The question is what range would you prefer the bot to use the secondary?

my counter-question is: why bothering doing that? does someone actually care to play vs godlike bots more than few times to get "annoying"

when we play vs bots online, usually it's just to wait a bit for more players.

on-topic: yes, they are aimbotting with shaft. even with primary fire they can hit every shot if we are falling in straight line... but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Izan4gi View Post
      my counter-question is: why bothering doing that? does someone actually care to play vs godlike bots more than few times to get "annoying"

when we play vs bots online, usually it's just to wait a bit for more players.

on-topic: yes, they are aimbotting with shaft. even with primary fire they can hit every shot if we are falling in straight line... but oh well.
      I used to play against bots for practice, but ever since I got the PC version I can't go beyond Masterful because their aimbotting is even more insane.

Also, what's up with servers stocking up on Novice bots? I hate it when games become a boring bot farm. At least put them on Skilled.

Comment

I'm kinda playing vs bots on masterful and inhumam difficulty. The thing is I'm playing with my own weapons/balance mutator so the bots are extremely challenging atm, but notimpossible. There's no insta raping or being raped by a stinger and can't abuse the flak cannon anymore like I use to.
        As for the novice bots on servers, it's always been a problem, think server admins have had problems changing it. Kinda wish everyone had mapmixer so that the optimal numbers of bots at the right skill level could be used for each individual map.

That would of made waiting for players to join server a bit less boring experience.

Comment

a step in the right direction

Comment

Working...
          X