Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know the difference between UT2004 and UT3 gravity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know the difference between UT2004 and UT3 gravity?

So I've compared UT2004's src with that of UT3 and tested out the values for dodging, jumping out, they seem to scale the relatively the same for each game.

One thing that appears to work different in both games is the gravity:

UT3 = -520.0
    UT2004 = -950.0

My guess for the UT2004 gravity in UT3 is -478 but I would like the real value is possible.

Just for interest sake:
    UT3 ground-speed is exactly the same as in UT2004.

interressant info mate, i ll try that "-478" on morpheus3 conversion to see what ll happen
    thx for sharing
    the real pain is to get a jumpad working on a lowgrav map...

Comment

@Bl!tz~
      Just take note there's also a difference in the Jump Height between UT2004 and UT3 too.

Made a quick updated version of an old mutator where I tried to mimic UT2004's movement (was off a little)

UT2004PaceV1
      http://www.sendspace.com/file/2dwdmp

Code:
      class UT2004Pace extends UTMutator;

/** Game speed modifier. */
      var()	float	GameSpeed;

function InitMutator(string Options, out string ErrorMessage)
      {
      	WorldInfo.Game.SetGameSpeed(GameSpeed);
      	Super.InitMutator(Options, ErrorMessage);
      }

function ModifyPlayer(Pawn Gamer)
      {
      	local UTPawn PlayerPawn;
      	PlayerPawn = UTPawn(Gamer);

if (PlayerPawn!= None)
      	{
      		PlayerPawn.Groundspeed = 440;
      		PlayerPawn.DodgeResetTime = 0.85;
      		PlayerPawn.DodgeSpeed = 660;	
      		PlayerPawn.DodgeSpeedZ = 210;
      		PlayerPawn.Jumpz = 340;
      		PlayerPawn.Multijumpboost = 25;
      		PlayerPawn.CustomGravityScaling = 0.92;
      		PlayerPawn.SetCollisionSize(25,44);
      		PlayerPawn.DefaultRadius = (25);
      		PlayerPawn.DefaultHeight = (44);
      		PlayerPawn.DoubleJumpThreshold = 100;
      	}
      	super.ModifyPlayer(Gamer);
      }

DefaultProperties
      {
      	GroupNames[0]="GAMESPEED"
      	GameSpeed=1
      }
      Just a few differences I found thus far. DodgeResetTime is also a guessed value so need to find the real value for that too.

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
        @Bl!tz~
        Just take note there's also a difference in the Jump Height between UT2004 and UT3 too.
        yeah, really hard to balance the grav settings as the player seem to be heavier in ut3...need more gravity to reach the same height= back to the old problem...is it a way to change the weight of the player?

note: i currently need "-80"(grav setting) to reach the upper levels with doublejumping like in ut2k4...
        ...looks more like if u have a jetpack so it s easy to change direction while "flying/jumping/landing from the jumpad jump"

edit:

i wasnt sure but after verification i have -350 as default grav (in a gravity volume) so of course -478 is louder and dont work
        what gives the right feeling in the "mooves"(looks "natural") is -150 but as i told i need -80 to do the right jumps...lol....no idea how to fix that

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
          yeah, really hard to balance the grav settings as the player seem to be heavier in ut3...need more gravity to reach the same height= back to the old problem...is it a way to change the weight of the player?

note: i currently need "-80"(grav setting) to reach the upper levels with doublejumping like in ut2k4...
          ...looks more like if u have a jetpack so it s easy to change direction while "flying/jumping/landing from the jumpad jump"

edit:

i wasnt sure but after verification i have -350 as default grav (in a gravity volume) so of course -478 is louder and dont work
          what gives the right feeling in the "mooves"(looks "natural") is -150 but as i told i need -80 to do the right jumps...lol....no idea how to fix that
          Can't you just change the jumpz and Multijumpboost instead.

In UT3
          JumpZ = 322 and Multijumpbooss = -45
          In UT2004
          JumpZ = 340 nad Multijumpboost = 25

That's 78 (18 + 70) Units difference. Or I misunderstood problem, do you want to reach your jumps with extremely low gravity, but without jumping so high?

Comment

Working...
          X