Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games Similar to Unreal Tornament 3/Unreal Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard Crysis2 is surprisingly fast paced from a few old UT3 players, haven't tried it yet so cannot confirm.

Comment

[QW:ET]
      Quake Wars enemy territory got pretty intense at one point-so much going on and like every key on the board has a purpose
      not sure about how active it is nowadays- or what the mod/ patch community is like.

Comment

I susually play Nexuiz.
        Here you'll find the game for the PC, it is free. Press the download button to the left.
        http://www.nexuiz.com/classic.php

Comment

Wow, looks like a good 1st person shooter. A mix of UT and Quake

Comment

True, it is inspired in UT and Quake.

The new one that will be released sucks tought, it is for XBox 360 and PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
              I already got SoaSE.
              In that case, get ready to join the REBELLION against console gaming, intrusive DRM, and PC gaming consolization! Support high quality PC (and online multiplayer) gaming by playing the upcoming, free-standing, 4x-RTS GOTY expansion Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. (No previous Sins ownership required in order to purchase and play. Rebellion will include all of the previous content.) Attention Starcraft fans: Sins is awesome for online multiplayer team PvP.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                In that case, get ready to join the REBELLION against console gaming, intrusive DRM, and PC gaming consolization! Support high quality PC (and online multiplayer) gaming by playing the upcoming, free-standing, 4x-RTS GOTY expansion Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. (No previous Sins ownership required in order to purchase and play. Rebellion will include all of the previous content.) Attention Starcraft fans: Sins is awesome for online multiplayer team PvP.

Dear god, yes, I hate draconian DRM. I just got Batman: Arkham Asylum recently, and it installed GFWL and SecuROM on my computer. I couldn't even get past the serial key authenication because the one that was supplied was "invalid." After that I just uninstalled everything, did a thorough clean for the SecuROM rootkit, and chalked it up to a waste of money.

Anyway, for the rest of you guys: I just found this awesome looking game called Hawken. Gameplay is shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udEAEARD-Fo

Also, I can tell I've been playing UT3 way too much, since I know what engine they are running it in based on the font of the kill messages alone. (Unreal Engine FTW)

Comment

*drool*
                  I want to play it! Very interesting gameplay and the HUD is part of the mech's armor, pretty cool!

Comment

Warsow 0.6 the best free arena fps, but is alot more fast than quake/unreal and has alot more of special moves

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                      The only multi-player game I find was actually evolving PC gaming thus far and doing things right was HoN. Heck it's almost a year old now and it's playerbase has been growing instead of declining which is uber rare for pc games these days, which seem to be unable to retain a healthy playerbase for more than a month .
                      For instance HoN already bypassed CoDBlops in online numbers on the PC.

Using something like GFWL just ain't good enough if you want a successful long lasting online game. It's missing the core functionality demanded by competitive and social gaming alike.

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                        The only multi-player game I find was actually evolving PC gaming thus far and doing things right was HoN. Heck it's almost a year old now and it's playerbase has been growing instead of declining which is uber rare for pc games these days, which seem to be unable to retain a healthy playerbase for more than a month .
                        For instance HoN already bypassed CoDBlops in online numbers on the PC.

Using something like GFWL just ain't good enough if you want a successful long lasting online game. It's missing the core functionality demanded by competitive and social gaming alike.
                        Hmm, HoN looks like an upgrade to DotA, and a competitor to LoL.

Shame, though, cause I hate both DotA and LoL. Can't stand the cat and mouse thing, and people yelling at me at lot . I like games like Unreal Tournament where you put your balls on the walls and hunt people down.

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                          I heard Crysis2 is surprisingly fast paced from a few old UT3 players, haven't tried it yet so cannot confirm.
                          crysis 2 is another COD clon with super powers, btw is a good game, but not a arena fps.

Comment

Fast arena games

Nexuiz
                            Time Splitters future perfect! only console but a sick game.
                            quake live
                            and UT4!

Comment

Originally posted by cdiddy View Post
                              and UT4!
                              lol
                              That made my day

Comment

Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
                                Dear god, yes, I hate draconian DRM. I just got Batman: Arkham Asylum recently, and it installed GFWL blah blah blah
                                Late reply, but oh god yes GFWL is the worst thing ever. I spent more time messing around with GFWL than playing Batman:AA (didn't like it tbh).

I bought homefront recently which uses steam. It was no better. HF wasn't available in the UK via steam store so I had to buy a hardcopy. What's more is my net was cut off the day I got it. So I had a disk sitting around and no way to play the **** game. After I ran the disk it didn't even install anything! I still had to download all the game data from steam!? what the hell?! On top of this some times steam messes up and offline mode doesn't work, very annoying during network outages.

Like DRM works anyway. A certain IP that uses the Unreal engine with GFWL was bypassed in under 24 hours. Complete waste of time and an inconvenience for legit customers

Comment

Working...
                                X