X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is everyone?

UT3 I am disappoint....

you have killed UT2004 and no one likes you

why is this? well I'll tell you... it's because you removed all of the good game modes and went down the route of graphics over gameplay

bring back the fun custom game modes from assault, race + trials... and all of the modes that were in 2004 and you will see a huge rise in players and I know for a fact as one of the first modders to get vehicles working in deathmatch on ut2004 that this shouldn't be too hard to do in a patch and it will get the majority of pc gamers back from crappy carl on duty black cops where it takes developers half a year to make 4 maps that you can't even explore fully and they charge you for it where as the UT community boards will band together and make maps ten times as big and a million times better in just a few weeks

what say you mofos are you up for the challenge or are you like the rest of game developers nowadays are you passionate about your games or are you comfy sitting on your throne letting the money roll in for a dying game that never really lived

BRING BACK OLDSCHOOL PC GAMING FOR THE HORDE!!!

oliax~ ex administrator of UT2004files.com and filefront.com

UT99 players said the same thing about 2k4.

After playing all 4 UT games and unreal I happen to think UT3 has the best game play for DM and Duel. CTF I'd have to say it's second to UT99. UT2k4 might be better for game types involving carz but since I don't use them I can't judge.

Also greed is a surprisingly fun game type and is quite newb friendly for more casual gamers.

*Edit*

I do understand that there are gamers who prefer 2k3 or 2k4 to the other UT games. They are quite different and appeal to a different crowd. Doesn't mean that UT99 or UT3 are superior. I just happen to prefer them.

UT3 is more like UT99 than it is like UT2k4. In terms of bringing back old school gaming I'd say that's exactly what Epic did.

Comment

I agree with you Random.
      UT3 has definitely more oldschool gameplay in it than UT2k3/4 has.
      There could be some improvements to the gameplay and gravity though. It feels a bit too heavy and the players could walk a bit faster (like in UT99) but that's just my opinion. I like that they left the double jump and walldodge in it. It makes your moves less predictable

Comment

I agree with the 2 people above me.

Gameplay wise UT3 is and always has been fine. It's flaws were things like UI, lack of graphical options on release and bugs. Most of which got patched (although a little too late).

Comment

i agree. also, don't don't put a gamebreaker in the expansion pack next time :|

Comment

Do you mean the Titan? I don't like this mutator.

Comment

+1 to all what my comrades said previously, definitively.

Though, I agree with you Oliax on some points and I disagree with you on "no ones likes you". I, personally, like it and i think some others also. "So why nobody plays it then?" u'll probably answer. Long and hard question to answer, that has been debated in all the ways possible.

Comment

There are still players playing UT3 and several active public servers. UT3 is "old school" FPS, DM and CTF are far better than UT2004. WAR and vCTF are also better than the UT2004 versions. UT3 is insanely fast and furious. No way to go back to UT2k4, it's just too slow.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                  There are still players playing UT3 and several active public servers. UT3 is "old school" FPS, DM and CTF are far better than UT2004. WAR and vCTF are also better than the UT2004 versions. UT3 is insanely fast and furious. No way to go back to UT2k4, it's just too slow.
                  I concur. I started with UT3, but switched to UT2004 for a bit since my comp couldn't handle UT3. The vehicles just felt weird to me. And no hoverboards or grappling!

Comment

I got all Unreal games installed and from time to time, I play them all. At the moment, I play a lot of Bulletstorm and more UT3, if I wanna play an Unreal game.

Sure, in the past I made several things wrong about UT3, but to me, it is an good game! I like to play it, doesn't matter what somebody else says, but I like it.

Comment

Fast arena shooters are unpopular, and are niche of major genre on niche platform. You cannot play fast fps on console with gamepad, PC was niche platform for last few years, majority of new FPS games are slower paced (console ports require that) warfare games. All that makes for tiny number of gamers here.

UT3 had not so good start, but just look at nowadays flops like CIV5, and you will think that UT3 was fine even with minor flaws at release. There was nothing really so serious to kill game. It is just that arena shooters are killed by COD BF etc fanboys (or rather abandoned in favor of those). Todays Buletstorm is obvious console port, with worse ui than ut3 had, even less customization, encrypted inis, GFWL Which is even worse than Gamespy. And people are praising that game. There is nothing wrong with UT3, besides that arena shooters are unpopular.

All we can blame Epic for is that they tried to make UT3 out of sentiment despite fact that such games lost all their popularity since 1999.

Comment

As far as online servers in US in the evenings, I usually play on EPIC warfare #2 or dfb vCTF, and sometimes on VOID DM or Beerdrinkers DM. I also see Hedsteem vCTF and Gdawgg usually have players. So, there are servers, full servers in some cases, depending on your time and location.

Comment

i started alone with the barktooth triplets in dfb yesterday. and then zzxyx joined, and it was full by the time it left.

Comment

Haven't been here in awhile, but I would say I am one of the oddballs who still thinks UT99 was the best of the best. I hosted and admined servers (hardware and software) for many years in UT99, UT2003/4 and was an active community member here and many other places. I tried the UT3 demo and hated it, it did not remind me of UT99 at all. UT2004 vCTF by far and away was the most fun vehicle game Epic ever made, and they ruined it in UT3. IMO.

Still have very fond memories of Fat Jimmy's, Kush, and other really hot vCTF servers in UT2004. Most fun I've ever had in these games, but it isn't coming back anytime soon. As someone else mentioned, PC gaming has taken a back seat to consoles, and console controllers suck for this type of game. Consoles just suck for that matter, and when most new PC games became console ports you knew it was all downhill from there. I guess people will never get enough of the war simulators and black ops style games (snoozefest).

Comment

If all you played was the demo, you did not play the real game. The demo was a poorly tested beta released in a hurry IMO, it was not like how UT3 is now.

I played UT2004 until UT3 cam out. UT2004 was great, but UT3 is far better IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X