UT hosting issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT hosting issues

Im having a very hard time hosting matches at the moment with Ut3 and UT2004 and am looking for some serious help. I've port forwarded everything i possibly could to make sure it'd work without fail. I'll list the following ports I've forwarded :

7777 / 7787 / 7797 / 7788 / 27900 / 42292 / 8777 / 8080 / 9777 / 6500 / 13000

I used a port checking to make sure the ports were actually being forwarded and their not, the program throws an error saying the ports are not open or are not being forwarded and was not able to ping my router. This is the program i used :
    http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm

My friend can see my games online but its just stuck on the connecting screen, and doesn't do anything else. I've enabled the specific ports in my firewall (windows) and even disabled it compeltely aswell as disabled all anti virus programs and it still un able to find the ports. I even unplugged from my router all together and connected my machine directly to the modem and i still get the same problems.

If anyone can help i'd really apreciate it, been trying to figure this one out for quite awhile now. Unless its an ISP issue im out of idea's. Please help!

Edit : i forgot to add that im using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, and the port forwarding is for both IP/UDP

Edit2 : I also found the [IpDrv.MasterServerUplink] line in the ini file and changed ServerBehindNAT=False to True.

I was never able to get a host going myself until I just took the router out of the equation. Then me and my brother finally got to play through the campaign. I know this wasn't the answer you were looking for, but if your sick of tring to get it working this is the fastest way to resolve the issue. Direct connect to the modem.(if possible)

Edit: Oops sorry, I see you already tried to direct connect. Are you all running the same patch? Anyone else have any ideas?

Comment

hey man good to see ya, yeah we're all running the same patch version, yep i did try taking the router completely out of the equasion without success, im wondering if its got something to do with my ISP, i did find some interesting setting on my router which said "Block WAN Request" haven't tried it yet though to see if it makes a connection.

On a side note, do you or anyone else have a ****ed up msg come up when you are trying to host UT3 on a lan? the second i click on it i get the UT3.exe has stoped working and it crashes to the desktop everytime i click on host. Using the latest nvidia drivers on both machines and both machines have the same issue when i click on host, just completely drops right to the desktop. Using the current 2.1 patch also

Comment

Originally posted by VACkillers View Post
        hey man good to see ya, yeah we're all running the same patch version, yep i did try taking the router completely out of the equasion without success, im wondering if its got something to do with my ISP, i did find some interesting setting on my router which said "Block WAN Request" haven't tried it yet though to see if it makes a connection.

On a side note, do you or anyone else have a ****ed up msg come up when you are trying to host UT3 on a lan? the second i click on it i get the UT3.exe has stoped working and it crashes to the desktop everytime i click on host. Using the latest nvidia drivers on both machines and both machines have the same issue when i click on host, just completely drops right to the desktop. Using the current 2.1 patch also
        I've never hosted UT3 but have hosted tons of UE games.

If you took the router out of the chain and still couldn't get it to work perhaps your modem has a setting causing a problem. Some modems are even full blown routers themselves.

What type of modem is it and what ISP?

Comment

its a SpeedStream 4200 modem, and my ISP is some local piece of *****, ATC communications...

website is ATCJET.NET

Yeah i messed about with the modem settings, and yeah its a mini router aswell like u say, i even ran THAT in DMZ mode, AND port forwarding on that thing aswell and still had problems. Right now im back to thinking its the ISP coz i've just about exhusted everything else, did come across one setting i need to test out, "Block WAN Requests" was enabled whatever that does.

Comment

According to other threads with similar issues, you will need the following to get UT3 Hosting to work behind a router (correct me if I'm wrong):

1. Static IP (outside of DHCP IP Range, for eg. if DHCP Range is set as 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.199, you can set your own Static IP as 192.168.1.200)
            You set Static IP in Windows>Network Sharing Centre>Manage Connections>Properties>Choose IPv4 Properties.

2. You need a router that supports full cone NAT. In Dlink routers, you login to the router site & the NAT Type setting is under Tools>Misc>Gaming Mode or under Advanced>Firewall>Set it as Endpoint Independant (full cone NAT equiv.)
            In Netcomm routers it is under Advanced>Internet>NAT Type. NAT Type setting varies for each router. If your router supports the setting to turn off SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection), then you should do so, as it has been reported to enable UT3 Hosting even via a Port Restricted NAT.

3. Portforward these ports: 7777, 6500, 13000 as UDP & TCP. That's all you need and it'll work.

Comment

Also, UT3 does not allow any router to pass the NAT test, for some unknown reason. Thus, you will always get the "your network configuration is not compatible" notification when you enter the hosting section of the game, regardless of whether you can host properly or not. To get rid of that message, you can either download a STUNServer.exe to bypass the message, though you'll have to keep running it before you run UT3, OR you can edit the UTengine.ini and set the all the lines associated with STUNServer= to become STUNServer=UT3

These workarounds remove the "not compatible" messages in the multiplayer hosting section, but it won't affect whether you can host or not.

Hosting in UT3 is dependant on the setup & model of your router and a "full cone" NAT Type. You can forward the 3 ports (7777, 6500, 13000) all you want, but most people need to set their NAT Type to full cone (or an equiv. of it) or turn SPI off. Some people don't portforward and use DMZ instead, which is not recommended unless you have exhausted all other options (since it poses a security risk, as all ports become open to ur IP).

I hope that information helps.

Comment

Working...
              X