X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing game from Steam to play standalone

I purchased my game before UT3 was available under steam

Then I transferred the game under steam as per the instructions bla bla bla

However, I think steam is a POS and I would like to play UT3 outside of steam control. Every time I try and play the game by using the shortcut it fires up steam and forces me to connect via steam - which is not what I want - I want to rid myself of steam altogether.

Can this be done?

If I re-install the game again from the DVD will registration fail for my original key because it's now a steam registered key?

I really want to get away from Steam for UT3 if possible as I want to go to Win 7 64 bit and the people I know who have UT3 on that platform with Steam seem to have issues. There are posts on Steam forums saying UT3 and steam don't play nice under win 7 64 bit but Steam does SFA to even acknowledge the problem or lift a finger to try and solve the issues.

Is Epic staying with Steam? i.e. bulletstorm? Is that coming under steam control?

You can simply install the game from the DVD - it'll work fine with zero issues.

Comment

Originally posted by i_hax View Post
      it'll work fine with zero issues.
      ...well, that's debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by i_hax View Post
        You can simply install the game from the DVD - it'll work fine with zero issues.
        Thank you - so looking forward to getting rid of steam :-)

It was good for applying all those stupid patches (wow - didn't Wpic create confusion with the patch numbering!) etc but now that the game isn't being touched anymore I may as well give steam the flick

Originally posted by commiecat View Post
        ...well, that's debatable.

lol - I know what you mean!

Comment

Working...
        X