(Dual Enforcer + Beserk) speed bonus?/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Dual Enforcer + Beserk) speed bonus?/

Here's an interesting question, if you have the above do you shoot 4 or 8 times faster than a normal enforcer?

4 times faster.

Comment

Originally posted by tetrahedron View Post
      4 times faster.
      I think it's 8

edit: Although I might also be terribly wrong.

Comment

I think it's 4 times faster than the normal one.
        If you have the Enforcer the speed is 1. If you have the double Enforcer it's 2. The berserk doubles the speed. 2x2=4
        Or: Enforcer: Speed = 1. Enforcer + berserk: Speed = 2. Now you have two Enforcers: 2(speed)x2(enforcers)=4.

You see, the solution is always the same.

Comment

SIX!

Just to complicate things further.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
            I think it's 4 times faster than the normal one.
            If you have the Enforcer the speed is 1. If you have the double Enforcer it's 2. The berserk doubles the speed. 2x2=4
            Or: Enforcer: Speed = 1. Enforcer + berserk: Speed = 2. Now you have two Enforcers: 2(speed)x2(enforcers)=4.

You see, the solution is always the same.
            But does dual enforcers really shoot twice as fast as a normal enforcer?

Here's the source of my confusion:

Code:
            simulated function float GetFireInterval(byte FireModeNum)
            {
            	local float FI;

FI = Super.GetFireInterval(FireModeNum);
            	if (FireModeNum == 0 && DualMode == EDM_Dual)
            	{
            		FI *= 0.5;
            	}

return FI;
            }
            I wanted to modify the dual enforcers by reducing it's firingrate:
            Look at the green underlined part. A lower value means a faster firing rate, now I assumed 0.5 was equivalent to 2x faster fire rate. So 1.0 should technically give you the same fire rate as one enforcer.

Well I was wrong, even with a value of 1.2 which I settled on, the dual enforcers shot way faster than a single enforcer. Think it was either 1.5 or 2.0 where they shot the same as a single enforcer.

This means that EACH enforcer is given an increased firerate and shoots separately. That in theory makes the dual enforcers shoot 4x faster and
            not 2x as people initially thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zy View Post
              SIX!

Just to complicate things further.
              There's actually a chance you might be right

Comment

No, it's 4 times (unless I've been terribly mistaken for all my 10 months playing ). Double enforcers give you double the firing rate; watch a single one of the dual enforcers and you will see it's the same as a standard single enforcer. The berserk will double the ROF of whatever it's applied to (although its not perfect for rocket turrets, dwalkers, etc.). As a result, your 2x firing rate of the dual forcers gets doubled to a total 4x increase.

But I use quadruple enforcers so I wouldn't know.

Comment

Just took a look at the NerfForcer code for any clues. Looks like he also spotted it and provided a small formula which is in line with what I've experienced:

//single rate * 0.5 * FI (1.3=153%, 1.25=160%)

so by Default:
                  0.36 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.09
                  For percentage: ((0.36/0.09) * 100) = 400%

For a 200% increase, the FireInterval should of been 1

To make it the same as a single enforcer, the FireIntercal should of been 2

So add beserk to the mix and you have a weapon that shoots 8 times faster.

Comment

I know for a fact that double enforcers are not 4x faster than single ones. In addition to making no physical sense, this would also mean that double enforcers fire 12 shots per second (singles shoot 3). I know that this isn't true, just from experience and considering the stinger fires 10 shots per second.

So for it to be 8x total, the berserk would have to be causing a 4x increase for some reason. Logically thinking this should not be the case: if each gun fires 3 rounds per second, that adds up to a total 6 per second. Factoring in the berserk theoretically would result in each gun firing 6 times per second, which adds up to 12.

Also remember that an 8x total increase would mean 24 rounds per second. I haven't had berserk dual enforcers in awhile (I'm a WAR player) but I'm pretty sure this isn't the case.

Comment

Originally posted by tetrahedron View Post
                      I know for a fact that double enforcers are not 4x faster than single ones. In addition to making no physical sense, this would also mean that double enforcers fire 12 shots per second (singles shoot 3). I know that this isn't true, just from experience and considering the stinger fires 10 shots per second.

So for it to be 8x total, the berserk would have to be causing a 4x increase for some reason. Logically thinking this should not be the case: if each gun fires 3 rounds per second, that adds up to a total 6 per second. Factoring in the berserk theoretically would result in each gun firing 6 times per second, which adds up to 12.

Also remember that an 8x total increase would mean 24 rounds per second. I haven't had berserk dual enforcers in awhile (I'm a WAR player) but I'm pretty sure this isn't the case.
                      Looks like I was wrong afterall, just tested it ingame in 5 second intervalls and checked my ammo afterwords.

Single enforcer was about 3 rounds.
                      Double Enforcer was 6
                      Double Enforcer with beserk was 12

Think my problem was I tried interpreting the code the same way as the beserker code. It finally makes sense now.

Comment

I don't particularly care exactly how fast it goes. I just know that once I do get double enforcers and berserk, the **** thing goes BRAAAAAP and kills whatever I look at.

Scary.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Working...
                          X