PS3 will not import mods from usb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 will not import mods from usb

Hi, I have been scouring the net for ages trying to find a solution to a problem which I think is probably common to a few of us. I have read countless posts on various forums and have tried all kinds of stuff but nothing seems to work. So now it's time for me to write a post of my own detailing my exact issue.

The game I am playing is UT3 and I am seeking to import the CPB3v1 mod for the additional content. I've followed all the instruction on how to do so to the letter.

With the flash drive (formatted FAT32) plugged in and the USERDATA.JAM file in a Game folder I navigate from the UT3 main menu:

Community > My Content > Import Content

A screen comes up asking to select the location of the mod to import.
    The usb device is there flashing. It even shows how much free space is on it!

The only options are Enter or Back. However, when I Enter the following message appears:

"The import operation could not be completed.
    There is no data on the storage media."

I have attempted numerous ways of storing the .jam file on the usb.
    (In folders labeled Game, Games or Media; even creating a PS3 folder and putting the others into that doesn't work. Nor does creating a UT3 folder within the Game folder. Having no folders at all doesn't work either.)

I am at my wits end with this as I feel that I have tried everything.
    Does anybody know where I am going wrong?

If somebody has already addressed this same issue in another post I apologise and would appreciate being directed to it, but chances are I have already been there and done that with fail.

iirc you don't need to put the .jam in any folders. the file might be corrupt... i would try to re-download and copy it to the flash drive again. if that doesn't work try a different flash drive

Comment

Originally posted by DorianVoid View Post
      (In folders labeled Game, Games or Media; even creating a PS3 folder and putting the others into that doesn't work. Nor does creating a UT3 folder within the Game folder. Having no folders at all doesn't work either.)
      I think part of your problem is that you are not putting the USERDATA.JAM file in the root of the flash drive. After the UT3 update, files no longer needed to be placed into a special Folder path. The root of a usb stick would look like this: F:/USERDATA.JAM.

If your UT3 version is not updated, you would have to use the correct file path mentioned above. I'd recommend updating UT3 if this is the case: many high-quality mods are only compatible with version 2.0.

If this still fails, then the USERDATA.JAM file may be corrupt. Try redownloading it and try again.

If that fails, too, then try another USB stick.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
        After the UT3 update, files no longer needed to be placed into a special Folder path.
        gosh, that was cumbersome ... I remember it, also had the folder wrong back then I guess :P

It has gotten easier now

@ DorianVoid: did it work?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll give them a shot and let you know how I went.

Comment

Working...
          X