Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I find a mouse button name for ini binding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I find a mouse button name for ini binding?

I have had the same issue with UT3 since the beginning thru 3 different computers and operating systems where the key binds won't stay. I have gotten it to work at times, but then it disappears and won't stick again. Anyways, point is the only way i've been able to make them stick is edit the default binds in the ini. It works too, but one problem....when i want to bind certain mouse buttons i don't know what they are called. I have a MX518 with 8 buttons, and UT DOES accept them when i bind them in the game, but i don't know what name to use when i bind them in the ini because as i said if i bind them in the game they go to default when i close the game.

For example, if i bind one of the side buttons in the game it accepts it and calls it "mouse5". So i tried using that name in the ini file 2 different ways...i called it Mouse5 just like it did when ni bound it in game which didn't work, then i tried MouseButton5 which also didn't work. How can i figure out what to call those buttons in the ini file?

i wouldn't recommend editing the default ini's.

what do your key binds look like?

have you tried making your UTInput.ini read-only.. after making the changes?

Comment

Well, i have 2 choices....edit it or trash the disc. Like i said, it will not stick. I've tried for 3 years, learned all the tricks, and none work for me or only work a short time.

Anyways, it works. I just need to know the names to use for my side buttons. And the read only idea doesn't work. Been there, done that. But if you meant to keep the binds I made in the ini file, thats not the problem. It's when i bind keys in the game menu they don't stick. But doing it in the ini they do because i'm editing the default binds. So does anyone know how to figure out the side button names? I even bound them in game then minimized the game and looked in the ini and it didn't show it. I think it does it in memory only or something.

Comment

utgame/config/UTinput

[UTGame.UTPlayerInput]
        Bindings=(Name="ThumbMouseButton",Command="say: geronahoooooo",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False )

Bindings=(Name="ThumbMouseButton2",Command="say: geronahooooo",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

insert your action in the secret spot :P

Comment

yeah should be ThumbMouseButton and ThumbMouseButton2

Comment

I tried this. It didn't work. Rechecked the ini's a dozen times. In the end I reassigned the side buttons to key-strokes in my mouse's utility program.

Comment

It has worked for me since the demo

P.s how come there aren't any unreal smilies here?

Comment

Oh.. Maybe I'll finally be able to bind the "go back to previous weapon after using Translocator" command when I press mouse button 1 and 2 at the same time like you did in UT99 and 2k4 now that I know the names of the commands for the mouse buttons
                Thanks!
                Going to try that stuff out now, it has to be possible!

Do you mean smileys like these?
                Blue cap
                Combo kill
                Telefrag
                Rocket Launcher spam
                Just to show a few.. I don't know. But tbh, they'd be cool

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
                  In the end I reassigned the side buttons to key-strokes in my mouse's utility program.
                  I have done that, but it's a PITA, especially if you play a number of times a day opening and closing the game each time. I can be reassigning mouse buttons all nite. Does work tho. I have some of my buttons that i don't use when not gaming to keystrokes for games.

Comment

ThumbMouseButton did the trick....thanks

Comment

yeah those smilies

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                      Oh.. Maybe I'll finally be able to bind the "go back to previous weapon after using Translocator" command when I press mouse button 1 and 2 at the same time like you did in UT99 and 2k4 now that I know the names of the commands for the mouse buttons
                      Thanks!
                      Going to try that stuff out now, it has to be possible!

Do you mean smileys like these?
                      Blue cap
                      Combo kill
                      Telefrag
                      Rocket Launcher spam
                      Just to show a few.. I don't know. But tbh, they'd be cool

^ yeah those smilies. This is a unreal forum

Comment

Working...
                      X