Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what kind of performance can i expect from the 260m graphics card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kind of performance can i expect from the 260m graphics card?

I am wondering if anyone can give me some idea of the FPS i can get on max settings at 1600x900

Your FPS will be fine with that gpu although you might want to change texture detail to 4 from 5.

The main problem you will have is UT3 is cpu limited for frame rate on most stock maps. So you could get low fps dips (depending on your CPU)on the high detail maps regardless of your settings.

On DM-Shangrila for example I'd be limited to 74 min FPS with my Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHz. Now with my Sandybridge and the same GPU in the same spot I'm getting around 150 min fps @ 4.5GHz (still limited by CPU). With my old AMD X2 6000 I was getting min fps in the mid 30s on shang and deck.

Comment

280M is equivalent to a desktop 8800. 260M i would guess would be about 3/4 of that. (If its like the desktop version) Should run pretty well. Random is right about CPU this game loves a quadcore. It will still work fine on a duo though, just CPU always at 100% and less FPS

Comment

The 260M is equal to the 8800GS or 9600GSO PCIE cards.

There is a chart at Tom's Hardware that compares all the GPUs and versions, even integrated.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...70,2834-7.html

Comment

Working...
        X