Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ps3 ut3

anyone still play this? plan on buying it soon.also got pc version

Don't do it. Its like a ghost town and was like that a couple months after it came out.
    You'll be the only person there. I sold mine and got it on PC for that reason.

Comment

really...that sucks its a great game how are games like halo more popular? i way preffer ut

Comment

Originally posted by sixsicsixmaggot View Post
        how are games like halo more popular?
        I have no clue. I don't like it either, UT is superior to it. Halo is boring, slow, unbalanced and did I already say "UT is superior to it"?

Comment

Dunno, the PS3 version is not that bad and has all the facilities for a good semicompeditive game. Just didn't retain a strong community. The PC version is the best and most complete version of UT3. PS3 has 80% of the features of the PC version (few existing custom maps and mods available+ titan). 360 is pre-titan so its completely ****.

Console games fade in and out much faster than PC communities. PC communities have outlasted several console platforms. At the current rate I don't think there will ever be a console game that has a community that last longer than a PC community.

Comment

The thing about Halo is that the ranking system means that you start playing against rubbish people. You level up quickly but then you reach people about your own level. The ranking system means that you never come up against people who can complete the game on Insane when you are still playing Adept (is it called that)
            Halo requires some serious skill to get past rank 40 online (its pretty hard to get there in the first place but it goes up to 50), but UT requires much much more skill.
            For most people UT is probably too hard (honestly I play against the computer on level 3 or 4, I'm useless online (until I get better - and I promise you I will); most people would just give up)

Comment

Originally posted by gegenki View Post
              For most people UT is probably too hard (honestly I play against the computer on level 3 or 4, I'm useless online (until I get better - and I promise you I will); most people would just give up)
              Thank you,
              this sentence is probably the best thing an UT player could read nowadays
              You show that you're a player with level unlike those who give up before they even started.

If you start playing UT online you should check out my newcomer tips thread (sticky thread in this forum section). Most of the tips refer to online matches and maybe you'll read something you didn't know before for example the SP(a)MA lock on with the Longbow AVRiL (many people don't know it. Lock onto the SPMA camera and shoot and wait for the "SPMA target aquired" message, then do whatever you want. The missile will automatically start haunting the SPMA when the message appears on the screen)

Because I don't want to hijack this thread I'll return to the original topic now.

I'd recommend to stick with the PC version. If anything the PC community will always be the "main community" of UT(3) since the very first Unreal and the first UT were PC games (even if UT99 was also released on PS2 and Dreamcast it wasn't as popular as on the PC).

Comment

Games like halo and cod are played more. Because they're noob friendly. Difficult, skilled or games highly reliant on movement. Are too hard for the majority of console players. As such easy games get further.

And at the same time ruin the games for those who enjoy some challenge and skill.

Comment

Originally posted by gegenki View Post
                  Don't do it. Its like a ghost town and was like that a couple months after it came out.
                  You'll be the only person there. I sold mine and got it on PC for that reason.

I'm confused by this post. I have the server watcher and we have 4 very busy servers. The others are relatively busy.

Comment

Listen to Flak!! She would know, right?! Do what many other people do and play it on BOTH the pc and ps3. Heck, even the 360 still has die-hard players so get that version too, if you have the system....the discs are all super cheap if you buy them used!

Comment

Having just played UT3 on the PS3 online the other day, I can also confirm there are still people playing online. There aren't a lot of people, but people are still playing.

And of course you still have Epic's legendary bots which are capable of playing all the multipalyer modes and maps offline (and online to fill in teams) so UT3 can never really die.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                        I'm confused by this post. I have the server watcher and we have 4 very busy servers. The others are relatively busy.
                        What about on the Xbox 360?

Comment

Originally posted by sixsicsixmaggot View Post
                          anyone still play this? plan on buying it soon.also got pc version
                          The ps3 still has dedicated servers. they also have keyboard and mouse support. there are people that still play but you dont find many at like 2 am.

Comment

I'm on PS3 version regularly, I love it. I don't dislike Halo Reach or the COD franchise but I always return to Unreal very quickly.

Comment

it's not dead on the PS3 ..just played an hour of DM and another hour of TDM in full servers... the best games can normally be found after 8pm UK time.

Comment

Working...
                              X