Is the Unreal Anthology worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Unreal Anthology worth it

Hi alway wanted to play an unreal game online an Ut3 wont work on my comp was wondering if anyone still plays the older ones still sorry if this is off topic

Dude - I'm a total noob, so take this or leave it - I just bought everything there is 'Unreal' through the Steam holiday pack as I really liked it on PS3. It looks to me that there is still a community for UT 2004, but my advice is to save up for a newer computer. You would be hard pressed to find a shooter nowadays that ISNT on the unreal 3 engine. With all the editing stuff going on in the ut3 community (UDK) it would be a crime to miss out on its rich fruityness. hehe. Even a $300-$400 netbook should be able to handle it now. Are you SURE your computer can't handle UT3? Or is it an issue of needing tech support? - there is lots of help out there if thats the case dude.

Comment

Okay Unreal Anthology is one of the most valuable games you can get for under 30 dollars...actually it's one of the most valuable anthologies of all time. UT99 and UT04 are def. worth playing. Both games have great communities...UT99 having the better North American community and UT04 having the better European.

Also, Unreal 1 and Return to Na Pali are instant classics, and people still play them online.

Comment

OH! Yeah!!!

Buy it! its the best!

http://www.amazon.com/Unreal-Antholo..._ob_vg_title_3

Comment

Originally posted by Slowman View Post
          +1....u cant find better for 6.29$ + all the content is nice + a nice audio bonus

Comment

Yeah, I enjoyed listening to the music CD!
            The best Unreal and UT soundtracks.
            There was just one soundtrack which I think is one of the best UT2004 soundtracks, KR-AbsoluteZero (named after the map). Too bad it wasn't included. If it would've been on the CD then the selection would have been perfect!

I agree with what Nova said, UT99 and 2k4 are great, U1 and RTNP are classics and imo they're a great single player experience with an unique concept/storyline. Unreal 2 is also great and explains the Unreal universe more detailled (Unreal 1 was just a story about the journey and experiences of Prisoner 849 and imo the best game in the Unreal series).

Comment

Working...
            X