Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is happening ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What is happening ?

    What's happening? In recent days, this forum is censoring virtually any comment dissatisfied (and rightly) on the attitudes of Epic on the PC players (and with total disregard for the Unreal Tournament 3).

    It is very sad situation, we have not any support ( UT3 ) and right to complain.

    Epic certainly is not the same .... anymore.


    #2
    in before the lock lol

    To be fair. The thread was locked so isnt actually censure. Its Epics board and they reserve the right to do so. Have a look at Beyond Unreal if your looking for a less polarized forum. They have some funny stuff in the off topic too lol.

    To me it seemed that Flak made it clear it was the bad mouthing of epic that was the problem and really would you have done any different? If someone came along and wrote slanderous c**p about you on your facebook wall, would you not delete them from your friends list? Really it isnt that different, when you think about it......

    I cant recall off hand who it was that did it and it probably wasnt you. Whoever it is hopefully they learn to express themselves a little more carefully. If theyd stated their grievances without slagging off epic pointlessly the topic would still prob be open IE they hurt their own cause and hopefully they learn from that, coz the community is small enough already

    Comment


      #3
      No censure ?

      Check this :

      "Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting." "

      Comment


        #4
        We just want to play, not only buy. Simple.

        Comment


          #5
          The question is : who is blind, we ( pc players ) or epic ?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Hyden View Post
            What's happening? In recent days, this forum is censoring virtually any comment dissatisfied (and rightly) on the attitudes of Epic on the PC players (and with total disregard for the Unreal Tournament 3).

            It is very sad situation, we have not any support ( UT3 ) and right to complain.

            Epic certainly is not the same .... anymore.

            i saw nothing new in recent days, this forum is so since very long time and fragtastic is 100% right
            what do u expect from Epics? if a thread is bashing em it s quite normal to lock it...we all saw several threads going very disrespectful and adding nothing positive
            they are several other forums around ut to complain about epics if u need to do so

            all what i can say is that being moderator around here should probably not be very easy...trying to deal with peeps who complain and following the rules of an official forum....omg...hell!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
              i saw nothing new in recent days, this forum is so since very long time and fragtastic is 100% right
              what do u expect from Epics? if a thread is bashing em it s quite normal to lock it...we all saw several threads going very disrespectful and adding nothing positive
              they are several other forums around ut to complain about epics if u need to do so

              all what i can say is that being moderator around here should probably not be very easy...trying to deal with peeps who complain and following the rules of an official forum....omg...hell!
              Recent complaints have nothing to do with forum or moderation.
              The passion of PC gamers is bigger than that, we just want to see the situation better, try to change something. The way things are going, Epic will die completely leaving the PC, the system that made it's fame.

              And to finish, this forum is the only tool we have to try to get in touch with Epic. If we can not show HERE satisfied or dissatisfied, close this and a open a tool only for moderators friends.

              Epic is not only blind, is def too.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Hyden View Post
                Recent complaints have nothing to do with forum or moderation.
                on an official forum???? +.+.....rofl^^

                i m a pc user like u mate and ut addict like you!
                being banned or having topics looked dont really help the pc community

                selfmoderation comes alone after watching how things happen...but u can come and shout all what travels in your head...not the best way to last long round here
                my 2 cents

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                  on an official forum???? +.+.....rofl^^

                  i m a pc user like u mate and ut addict like you!
                  being banned or having topics looked dont really help the pc community

                  selfmoderation comes alone after watching how things happen

                  my 2 cents
                  I dont mind being banned here, in a forum, my ONLY worry : the future of UT3 on the PC.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    We all feel your pain. I bought this at release and couldnt believe how little it was taken up. I was so excited to have a new UT. UT made epic as a name and im sure it has a special place with them too. Beating them up over history wont help anyone.
                    They prob didnt make much on this game in the first place and they gave us the titan pack for free. IE they spent even more money. People comparing the level of support to some COD title is ridiculous. Im sure if Epic raised the $600 M figure that was mentioned theyd be a lot more inclined to do international servers. Nearly all of us has an idea that we think would have made things different with UT3 if this had been done that way. They have been discussed ad nauseam on these forums, I got sick of seeing them TBH but people have different uses for the boards thats all good.
                    My point is if theyd discussed things like "i really believe this would improve the situation" rather than "epic is a piece of **** coz they didnt do this" there wouldnt be a problem.
                    Only ones i feel sorry for is the legitimate posters in the thread and their legitimate cause. However they can re open a thread and ask people to post objectively so that it doesnt get closed. Realistically I dont think they have a hope in hell, but i respect them for trying

                    As to the thing about waiting for post to be approved by moderator, I was getting this over chrissy\new years. I put it down to a bug. However I guess i might have been naughty and on a watch list... dunno... lol

                    [EDIT] Lastly do you think the PC community slamming epic is really going to help our cause with them? Im sure they already know that the PS3 & Xbox users have a lot more trouble getting on the forums and typing out rants on their controllers.... Think about it

                    No one wants you banned. If epic wanted you banned youd be banned. Personally Im just offering advice coz your a newish member and us ones that know the ropes a little better are supposed to help you. You will make your own decisions as will I, that is all good

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by FragTastic View Post
                      As to the thing about waiting for post to be approved by moderator, I was getting this over chrissy\new years. I put it down to a bug. However I guess i might have been naughty and on a watch list... dunno... lol
                      had same some month ago...i took it on the light way too

                      Comment


                        #12
                        btw, check my frag movie :

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LbBc17jtiU

                        hope you like it

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Hyden View Post
                          btw, check my frag movie :

                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LbBc17jtiU

                          hope you like it
                          fun to watch, some nice frags and good music, thx for sharing

                          where comes the logo from at the end? awesome

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                            fun to watch, some nice frags and good music, thx for sharing

                            where comes the logo from at the end? awesome
                            i did it on after effects and illustrator :

                            http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/4187/postersd.jpg

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Hyden View Post
                              btw, check my frag movie :

                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LbBc17jtiU

                              hope you like it
                              This was quite a nice montage. I enjoyed it. Resolution was better than a lot ive seen too.
                              Ive always wanted to do a youtube video that flashed thru about 50 custom maps to promote custom content in UT3. If I knew what I was doing like you Id make it.

                              See now your the PC user that posts youtube videos promoting their game. I think theyll prob like that better.... lol

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X