Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ToJ] Christian Carnage now has domination 5.0 up and running!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    which maps are you having trouble with crashing the the server\ut3? [EDIT] Ok I found one myself that was posted in the ut3dom thread was there others? Id say in the case of conduit an old engine build slipped in somehow but I dont really know as its not my project.

Please be aware that any maps not cooked to v5.0 will cause massive probs with a server even if they seem ok in offline play

I keep on asking snake to do a RC first before a full release. In his defence though its a lot of effort to recook all the maps for both PC and PS3. Just my 3 and babylon night kept me tied up for a quite a while. I also held him up quite a bit when my simple map updates turned into a troubleshooting nightmare.... lol... prob turned out to be that i was working on multiple dom maps at once and this caused probs with unpublished shader caches for some reason. Took me a long time to figure that out though lol.
    If there is an update i will look at plant collisions you mentioned in carncath dannymeister and thanks for posting in the ut3dom thread. However at this stage im not aware of any update being planned. Snake\wr@ith is working on getting the cbp3 maps cooked up to v5.0. Im contemplating another map for the bonus pack but havent commited to it yet. Thinking Alien red planet atm, with my usual custom touches. I will prbably wait to see how well v5.0 is taken up before i commit, with it being so late in UT3's lifespan

Wish I could hop in ya server and join the fun but it would be about 500ms ping from australia, almost like playing ut3 by email lmao

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd of turned up but I had to be up early (would of been something like 2am for me).

Maybe next week. I remember doing very well with my 160ping last time I was on your server (shame on the low pingers!)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
    if you want more people to play I would suggest sticking to the maps in the DOM pack in the first post. The servers redirect is quite slow and I dont have the map currently on the server. I'm guessing others will lose interest if there is too much downloading required.
    We are only running DOM maps that are in the official DOM installer, no custom ones, not even CBP3 since those were cooked for a much older version. You are right though, the redirect has been extremely slow for some people some of the time recently. I'm not sure why. When it comes to the odd map here or there, downloading from a server is fine, but for a whole custom gametype that uses all its own maps, download via http!

That being said, our DOM games didn't last long at all tonight because of low turnout and frustration at some of the bugs that are unfortunately still in this custom game type. I'll report what we found and hopefully they can fix it despite v 5.0 once again being "final".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if you want more people to play I would suggest sticking to the maps in the DOM pack in the first post. The servers redirect is quite slow and I dont have the map currently on the server. I'm guessing others will lose interest if there is too much downloading required.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is very tempting. Have not played DOM since UT2K4.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "Christian Carnage"

I lol'd.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    read this
    it,s some more info on some maps and why there not working correctly
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...615024&page=54
    will there maybe
    you have IP

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sounds like fun I'll try and make it.

Leave a comment:

• [ToJ] Christian Carnage now has domination 5.0 up and running!

Hey guys, I'm excited to tell you all that our server [ToJ] Christian Carnage now offically has Domination 5.0 ready for play! Monday night is our game nights and we would be more than happy to have you come visit! (9:00 pm est.) Our server is located in NJ/NY USA so if you have any lag issues we also have a mutator called "unlagged instagib" which enables everyone to play instagib with zero lag. Domination and instagib was by far my most favorite game type back in UT 99. To download UT Domination 5.0 please go here.

http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/download.php?list.2

So far this version seems very stable. We only have come across a few minor problems with this version in which we will adress Wr@ith about, but even with these problems (Such as certain maps not being able to load) this is a much bigger improvment from version 4.0

Server IP is 66.55.158.4:7777

God bless and hope you all come out tonight! : )
Working...
X