Unreal on Xbox 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    [QUOTE=Sly.;27841090]It's easy to explain: Creating UT on and for a console was a bad move. It was developed as a PC game before, the (very first) fans of the Unreal and UT series were PC players and naturally it has a bigger community on the PC. They just should've stuck to UC as a "console UT" instead. It has been developed and optimized just for the console! But UT3 was different. It has been developed for 2 consoles and the PC (first release was on a console, later ported to the PC).
    QUOTE]

Yes I know that UT was created for the console. It's sad to hear, but Epic would have made a sweet move making Unreal Championship 3 for the console and making UT3 for the PC specifically. UT3 would be doing much better right now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Flak View Post
    I just bring my MX 518 with me
    I just bought one of these a week ago. It's lovely! (so much better than my cheap old mouse)

/random

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NovaZzZ View Post
    Sadly the game is dead on the xbox 360
    It's easy to explain: Creating UT on and for a console was a bad move. It was developed as a PC game before, the (very first) fans of the Unreal and UT series were PC players and naturally it has a bigger community on the PC. They just should've stuck to UC as a "console UT" instead. It has been developed and optimized just for the console! But UT3 was different. It has been developed for 2 consoles and the PC (first release was on a console, later ported to the PC).

But don't misunderstand me!
    I just said what I think could be the reason for UT3's "silent" start. I still have fun playing UT3 even if it is less popular and successful than its forerunners. 3 caps on Anarchy Halls, 2 on Suspense, some people to play with and this atmosphere as if you'd know everybody. These are a few of the reasons why I still keep playing UT3 from time to time (not as often as I did before but at least I still play it).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sadly the game is dead on the xbox 360, but the PC community offers alot more, even though the PC community is in a slump too. But you can still find games with a good amount of people pretty easily for all game modes in your region.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've got it recently and been playing against bots to practice a bit and its been pretty cool. The bots add a layer of replay value. If your on Xbox Live you can hit me up for a game or two.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Flak View Post
    You can play on pretty much any PC now:

http://www.onlive.com/

The full play pass for UT3 is $5.00 for a limited time. You can play all you want. I signed up so I can play in hotel rooms on my laptop. I just bring my MX 518 with me
    hope it works for euro ppl too
    its a nice program onlive

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can play on pretty much any PC now:

http://www.onlive.com/

The full play pass for UT3 is $5.00 for a limited time. You can play all you want. I signed up so I can play in hotel rooms on my laptop. I just bring my MX 518 with me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you have a PC which can run UT3 then buy it for the PC. It's really cheap these days.
    And if it doesn't work too well you can use the UT3 Tweak Guide to make some ini tweaks and make your UT run smoother and look good

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Darn, I'd play it...but I sadly have it for the 360. Won't really find a lobby if I were to play...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just buy Unreal Anthology

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NovaZzZ View Post
    UT>Gears when it comes to multiplayer
    But gears overthrows UT Singleplayer, lmao.
    This for sure!

@oMazeo: If you want to play a good single player story with a lot of action (imo much more action than in Gears) and UT gameplay then you should try out the very first Unreal and the Unreal Return to Na Pali expansion pack. It's a great gaming experience! Just don't be put off by the graphics of the very first Unreal Engine. It's a better start to get used to the U/UT gameplay imo. UT3's single player campaign is just ... nah! It's just a series of botmatches and it doesn't impress me (and I guess most UT players don't play UT because of its campaign since UT is a pure multiplayer game) :/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT>Gears when it comes to multiplayer
    But gears overthrows UT Singleplayer, lmao.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sly. View Post
    It really is.

It's just sad that so many gamers are mollycoddled these days and don't even try to get used to the gameplay (which looks like this then: they join a server without any experience and without any practise matches against bots and they don't know what to expect, they're getting fragged without a single score, it's too fast for them, they rage quit and will never play it again). And you'll find more players on the PC for sure (after all the UT and Unreal games will always remain PC games. There was a reason why there was Unreal Championship for the Xbox..).

If you are new to the series you might also want to check out my tips thread. Click here.
    It explains the whole gameplay in detail (and believe me: UT can be a difficult game even if it looks like you are just jumping and shooting without thinking) but don't be put off by this, just practise a little bit against bots first and then try to play against real players. If you read the tips, keep them in mind and if you practise these things mentioned in the thread a little bit then you will be a good player (trust me).
    Btw, the thread contains a link to a thread with gameplay videos (Duel matches). Then you can see how advanced players play the game if you like.
    And keep in mind: UT is like the opposite of CoD.

Btw, some people here say that there is something like a gametype ranking and Duel and (T)DM are the hardest gametypes. I completely agree with what they say.

Once you figure out how the gameplay works you'll have fun and you'll will try to play it all the time and of course you'll become a better player which will result in more fun and that's the reason why it is an addicting game lol

Uhm.. after reading what I have written there I hope this didn't sound too demotivational.

*sneaks away*

PS (no offense): UnrealUT, just type UT or UT3 (click on the link for more information). It's shorter than Unreal Tournament and Unreal and even if it's a part of the Unreal series it's definitely not "Unreal" or "Unreal 3" like some people say. And I think it is possible that an "Unreal 3" might never exist... sadly...
    ok thanks, idk about playing all the time tho, i am and will forever be a gears head lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah , i wish they stuck with the Unreal Championship concept on the xbox , both 1 and 2 were very good"But 1 was best by a long shot for its AA-off option". And do to Microsoft's ****-ness with downloads and updates in making a lack of downwloads or zero if u are talking about just UT3, the uniqueness of the Championship series would have been better loved by the gamers on that system. Also the lack of a AA-Off option killed it for pretty much all the true elite players.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, you should really try the PC version

Originally posted by oMaszeo
    ok thanks, ill try to see cuz it looks like a really good game
    It really is.

It's just sad that so many gamers are mollycoddled these days and don't even try to get used to the gameplay (which looks like this then: they join a server without any experience and without any practise matches against bots and they don't know what to expect, they're getting fragged without a single score, it's too fast for them, they rage quit and will never play it again). And you'll find more players on the PC for sure (after all the UT and Unreal games will always remain PC games. There was a reason why there was Unreal Championship for the Xbox..).

If you are new to the series you might also want to check out my tips thread. Click here.
    It explains the whole gameplay in detail (and believe me: UT can be a difficult game even if it looks like you are just jumping and shooting without thinking) but don't be put off by this, just practise a little bit against bots first and then try to play against real players. If you read the tips, keep them in mind and if you practise these things mentioned in the thread a little bit then you will be a good player (trust me).
    Btw, the thread contains a link to a thread with gameplay videos (Duel matches). Then you can see how advanced players play the game if you like.
    And keep in mind: UT is like the opposite of CoD.

Btw, some people here say that there is something like a gametype ranking and Duel and (T)DM are the hardest gametypes. I completely agree with what they say.

Once you figure out how the gameplay works you'll have fun and you'll will try to play it all the time and of course you'll become a better player which will result in more fun and that's the reason why it is an addicting game lol

Uhm.. after reading what I have written there I hope this didn't sound too demotivational.

*sneaks away*

PS (no offense): UnrealUT, just type UT or UT3 (click on the link for more information). It's shorter than Unreal Tournament and Unreal and even if it's a part of the Unreal series it's definitely not "Unreal" or "Unreal 3" like some people say. And I think it is possible that an "Unreal 3" might never exist... sadly...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X