Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No fanmade UTs.

Originally posted by magicman2u View Post
    All this talk about UT4 ....Epic has already supplied the Unreal communities with the tool to create UT4!! Its called the UDK! If everyone could learn to work together ...this is very possible!
    No, it isn't.

It is not allowed to create "UT4" with the UDK. You are not allowed to use UT weapons, the name, logo or anything else.

You have to create a different game with similar gameplay, style and weapons but it is not allowed to make UT with the UDK.

Comment

Originally posted by magicman2u View Post
      All this talk about UT4 ....Epic has already supplied the Unreal communities with the tool to create UT4!! Its called the UDK! If everyone could learn to work together ...this is very possible! The unreal series has been not just a game to many people...its been a learning experience! Look at how far the modders have come! I've seen everything from new player models to new vehicles, weapons, custom meshs, modified scripts ect. Its all a matter of putting it all together! Ok ...maybe I'm dreaming here but it would sure be nice!
      i have the same dream bro....even if sly is right

Comment

I have this dream as well but seriously: Who of us UT fans doesn't have this dream?
        It's just impossible... well, UT is copyrighted. :/

Comment

Yep, I'm afraid it's impossible. Even if Epic allowed it and you assembled a hugely talented team of; coders, level designers, artists etc. That would work their asses off for thousands of hours, for no fee, on a project with questionable chance of success.

It'd probably get bogged down in disagreement on movement , weapon balance etc. Hell, look at all the endless debate over the dodge jump, inclusion/exclusion?

Comment

Yes, that's true. The community is split up in many parts since the movement (drastically) changed in the 2kx series. However, I'd accept every kind of U/UT movement. I don't mind if it is Unreal 1 movement with it's ultra fast dodge and almost no air control, UT99 movement with better aircontrol and slightly higher and slower dodges, UT2kx movement with dodgejump and walldodges or the mixture of UT99 and 2kx movement (UT3 movement).

Comment

Like I said ...just dreaming here. Hopefully the New Homefront game due out this February will be the next game to work on Modding and Mapping!

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/56...n-Of-Homefront

Comment

:PAUSE:

If you put in the time to develop you can make a whole new ut as much as you bicker. :/ ok continue

:UNPAUSE:

geronahohoho

Comment

Originally posted by geronaho View Post
                  If you put in the time to develop you can make a whole new ut as much as you bicker.
                  As I already said: You mustn't make a new UT game. That's the point. You have to create a whole new arena shooter and I bet it wouldn't have the UT feel then. The feeling is one of the reasons I keep playing these games.

Comment

Working...
                  X