Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Fijut View Post
    never took the flak thing as a bug, more of a feature.

grenade lob... it has to go up a bit otherwise it would hit the floor...

or am i thinking too much again?
    Trust me, when the grenade lob goes through the crosshair its fine, it wont just drop and hit the floor and hurt you. Just think of it like if you had someone standing directly infront of you and you had your crosshair on them and you pulled the trigger the grenade would fly over their head, but if you have your crosshair on them shouldnt it hit them and not miss? So this makes you have to aim a bit lower so it wont miss them which is wierd.

WolfyBrandon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    never took the flak thing as a bug, more of a feature.

grenade lob... it has to go up a bit otherwise it would hit the floor...

or am i thinking too much again?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
    Well I can't hit **** with any rockets and it has nothing to do with the crosshairs. My problem is what is between the keyboard and the chair.
    ROFL... Thanks for that one.

I was doing a 1 on 1 DM Dual match with a bot when I started to notice this. I had set the weapon view option to "Hidden" and this is what lead me to start customizing all the crosshairs so I would know what weapon I was holding as well as have a better crosshair for each weapon. When I changed the rocket launcher crosshair to a smaller one from that big default one with the 3 circles that light up as you load rockets, I found a few issues with it. The grenades where firing way above it, and the spiral was hitting to the lower left which is what lead me to be like "WTF?". No wonder I was missing shots and when trying to lob grenades down small passages (I was aiming a bit high to compensate for the drop of the grenades) and now I come to find out the thing is shooting high to begin with, so I should have been aiming low. The Bio Rifle was close, the primary shoots to the upper part of the crosshair so by raising the crosshair to make them fly through the center of it now when I want to lob a glob of goo on a weapon or shield spawn, it actually lands where I intended it to.

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
    If you play with hidden weapons you fire from the center of the crosshair and it'll be dead on.
    Sorry, I did not find that to be the case within my game bro...

Edit: Just tryed your EasyModeLite Mutator and only could see a difference with the Flak Cannon secondary, and the Bio Rifle primary. The Rocket Launcher however was still having all of the same issues as before. I use your EasyShockComboSE mutator (a peronalized version with your Flak Cannon fix in it) to fix the Flak Cannon's secondary fire in my game. I took a screenshot of the settings I have for the crosshair I made for the spiral rockets.

Edit#2: I also just noticed something, if you do a spiral of just 1 or 2 rockets they seem to hit the center of the crosshair fine, as soon as you load up that 3rd rocket it sends them all a bit to the lower right.... bug? Also with the view option for weapons set to "Hidden" the primary fire does shoot from the center of your screen, but the spiral for the rockets still fires from the right side a bit...

WolfyBrandon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
    It's not the crosshairs that cause the "arc problem", it's just designed to be that way.(insert generic blame the consoles response here)

Here's a mutator I wrote(easymodelite), check out the secondary on the flak and grenades on the rocket launcher. Compare them to the vanilla and tell me which one "feels" right.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...t=easymodelite

The slight skew aim variations from the other weapons is because you shoot the weapons from the left and right hand. If you play with hidden weapons you fire from the center of the crosshair and it'll be dead on.

PS. I have tried fixing the arc on the biorifle, but the vanilla one felt better in the end so it's ok as is.
    u did a nice job here mate, just try it, really better than stock "aiming"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I can't hit **** with any rockets and it has nothing to do with the crosshairs. My problem is what is between the keyboard and the chair.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's not the crosshairs that cause the "arc problem", it's just designed to be that way.(insert generic blame the consoles response here)

Here's a mutator I wrote(easymodelite), check out the secondary on the flak and grenades on the rocket launcher. Compare them to the vanilla and tell me which one "feels" right.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...t=easymodelite

The slight skew aim variations from the other weapons is because you shoot the weapons from the left and right hand. If you play with hidden weapons you fire from the center of the crosshair and it'll be dead on.

PS. I have tried fixing the arc on the biorifle, but the vanilla one felt better in the end so it's ok as is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    there wasn't a friendly Levi shooting close to you was there? Thats the only reason my cross hairs get off. I do also everyone once in a while experience a stray rocket in the trip spiral.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    euh.... u mean after adjusting em? after adjustment i found them very accurate here
    Yeah when you first add some of the custom crosshairs they can be off at first (depending on the one you use), thats why it has ajustment sliders at the bottom to move it around and make them accurate if they are off.

I also wanted to add, the spiral rockets for the rocket launcher seem go at sort of an angle, so if you shoot at very distant targets they seem to land more center to your crosshair, but still a bit to the lower right...

WolfyBrandon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
    No Sly, I meant the UTcomp custom crosshair's are off by a pixel or two. Thus why I don't use them.
    euh.... u mean after adjusting em? after adjustment i found them very accurate here

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No Sly, I meant the UTcomp custom crosshair's are off by a pixel or two. Thus why I don't use them.

I haven't used the stock 'complex' crosshairs in over a year. I'll test it out later but I'm pretty sure they're not off.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, I believe what azurescorch meant was that using custom crosshairs would destroy the UT3 feel like as if you would change the UT3 HUD to a different one.

Was that what you meant by that azurescorch?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
    I use simple crosshair. I can hit **** fine.
    So your saying its the custom crosshairs that mess it up? Because I was using the default crosshairs to begin with when I noticed the problem. I used UTComp to make the custom crosshairs to fix the aim. Like you said though on the spiral rockets, the aim is pretty close and is probably not that big of a deal, but lets say you see someone running to a health pickup at a fair distance away and want all 3 spiral rockets to connect to insure a kill, don't you think it would be nice to have the option to do so? To know where all 3 of those rockets will hit instead of it being slightly off and only have one connect and do damage... =\

WolfyBrandon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The problem is with custom cross hairs. NOT ut3.

The cross hairs are sighted correctly.

As for the rockets thing, since when do you need pinpoint accuracy for spiral rockets? I just tested and one hits dead on, the other two are off to the lower-right.

I use simple crosshair. I can hit **** fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wow.........

Leave a comment:

• started a topic What Is Up With UT3's Aiming...

What Is Up With UT3's Aiming...

Hi All,

I making this post to possibly help other people out, sorry if it has been discussed before. When I first got UT3, one thing that really bugged me (coming from UT2K4) was how the Flak Cannon's secondary fire was shooting over the crosshair and not through it. So when you got into a very close battle with someone you pretty much had to aim at the ground to hit them with secondary fire. I downloaded a mutator a long time ago that fixed this issue so that's no longer a problem. The thing is, today I finally decided to start changing all of the crosshairs for all of the other weapons and when I did I couldn't believe how off some of them were. The Bio Rifle for example, I had to move the crosshair up quite a ways to make the globs actually fly through the center of it. Lastly, I have (no kidding) 3 aim spots for the rocket launcher. The single rockets, 3 spiral rockets, and grenades all seem to have different aim points. You would think in a game like this the crosshairs would be "sighted in correctly" but I guess not. Now I'm not sure how big of a deal this is to most people, but I will say that the changes I have made to my crosshairs today and from what I have learned from doing so has really improved my accuracy both at long distance as well as up close for some of the weapons. I have attached a screenshot of my new rocket launcher crosshair as an example. If you are someone who has not changed your crosshairs... umm, you might want to think about doing so... lol

WolfyBrandon
Working...
X