Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help to view demo

hi

I recorded a demo while I was playing ICTF...but now i can't view it, i have installed the map used and the mod AdvancedScoreboardV06 but UT3 crash after the loading of the demo.

here you can dowload the map used, the demo and the mod AdvancedScoreboardV06, could you try to see it? how i can solve my problem?
    http://www.2shared.com/file/XZ0Iu93u/istangib.html

THX all

Welcome to the forums

Well, I don't have the time to check this out right now but are you really sure that no other mutators have been used on the server except AdvancedScoreboardV06? You have to keep in mind that if there was for example UTcomp on the server and you have only downloaded it by entering the server you don't really have this mutator (unless you use a cache extractor but I never used one and don't know how to). You need everything which has been used on the server while you recorded the demo iIrc (correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it didn't change since UT2004)

Comment

you are right, i check the server and is necessary the mod ABTv1_3 too(here for download http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...676&rating=8.3 ). I try to put it but UT3 crash always . I have many mods installed but imho the problem is the demo, i recorder it in this way, opened consolle f10 and i writed "demorec insta2.demo" then my connession falled and i disconnected from the server.

sry for my english...

ps: i hope to solve this problem because in this demo i do one monster kill and at the same time one point for my team. I hope to put this in my future fragmovie ^^

Comment

Where did you put the mutator?

Sometimes you need more than one to see the demo but ut always asks for the new one ...well....asks...."<name> mutator needed , unable to download <fail> or something like that".Crashing is the unexplained prob. *

If its the demo the problem then the only thing you can do is to ask the demo from the server admins if they have it.

Welcome to the forums btw.

* i really hope that you will be the first to unlock the "Dont crash my UT3" award. Many have tried n epically failed .

Comment

i put the mutator where the file reedme.txt says where to put the files. (imho my english is not correct but i hope you understand)

now with the 2 mod ABTv1_3 and AdvancedScoreboardV06 the demo start and don't ask me "<name> mutator needed , unable to download <fail> or something like that"...NOW the demo loading, then i hear the sound of the match and then UT3 crash

nobody can help me for crash?

there are other ways to view my demo?

Comment

Hm.. maybe the log file could help.
            I'm not sure how it is called or where it is located in UT3. (never had a reason to use it)
            In the log you should be able to see what causes the crash.

Comment

probabily the log is this http://www.2shared.com/file/EnCwXYeS/Launch.html

Comment

up plese

Comment

I have dloaded 7 differrent mutators etc and i crash too after i hear the sounds , just before i get the in the map. Hope someone else can help you.

Comment

Originally posted by DrUnKenSTeiN View Post
                    I have dloaded 7 differrent mutators etc and i crash too after i hear the sounds , just before i get the in the map. Hope someone else can help you.
                    ok, i have the same problem..thx for trying

Comment

It's an issue with ABT. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's a horribly coded mutator.

Comment

now crazy you put the utcomp and you remore ABT, but if i record a demo with utcomp it's always corrupt what is the other mod who cause this? advances scoreboard?

i try to put in my ut3 folder all the mods here http://cr4zyb4st4rd.co.uk/Demos/Mutators/CookedPC/ but don't change the situation, after the loading of utcomp demo, ut3 crash

Comment

Working...
                        X