No announcement yet.

The Big Debate: nVidia or ATI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 had a lot of problems with Nvidia drivers in it's early days. But that's a thing of the past. Most of the driver related problems are gone now, it's actually pretty **** stable now. Think my FPS doubled since UT3's release, simply because of Titan Pack + new drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Grasshopper View Post
      I have always run Nvidia and have never had a problem. One of they guys I play against did an "upgrade" to ATI and regretted it. Lots of problems and few solutions. I guess ATI can be good, but, you have to be a real bit twiddler who likes to spend time tweaking them. I would rather have something that works right out of the box.
      that can happen when you up grade from nvidia to ATI... as i have done lots of times.
      went from a 7900 to a 4850 back to an 8800gt and then to a 4870 hd

and you just have to rember if you dont want any problems switching to and from nvidia to ATI. you must do a fresh install of you windows. this was the only way i could ensure the card's would work correctly.
      and my 4870 1G runs the game well on my 23in monitor running 1920x1080
      i average 100 to 250 fps...except for a few maps that are not fps friendly
      currently rinning win7

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
        What Drunkenstein said. I have a Nvidia graphics card and it works really fine on my PC.

You should more focus on the processor though. I read somewhere that the UE3 is very processor-heavy (sorry if this word is wrong.. couldn't find any translation for it) like it's forerunners .
        How do you think UT3 would handle with an EVGA nVidia GTS 450 with an AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition processor?

Comment

no problems to run the game on highest settings with such a CPU
          not 100 % sure but for the GTS 450 probably more around middle class settings than high or very high...depending from the size of ur screen and from the maps themselves of course

Comment

Originally posted by Ace08 View Post
            How do you think UT3 would handle with an EVGA nVidia GTS 450 with an AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition processor?
            Without any doubt!
            I can tell you, in comparison to your processor mine looks like a bunch of dirt but it can run UT3 on (a bit above) mid settings quite well.

Comment

I switched out my 2 5870 cards for my GTX 480 and the 480 is much nicer to say the least

Comment

Working...
              X