Happy 3rd Birthday UT3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy 3rd Birthday UT3!

A few days ago (yesterday for us EU folk), we just passed the 3 year anniversary of the release of Unreal Tournament 3. This game may not have the online clout of COD or TF2, but it has provided some of the most memorable moments in gaming for myself and a lot of other players, and we still have a small community playing regularly, with an amazing average skill level. We have seen maps and mods, machinima and expansions, and I personally have met some awesome fellow gamers, and competed with them in a (mostly) friendly environment!

For all this we thank thee UT.....(and Epic ofc)

HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Cheers.

-Rhykker

Comment

Happy birthday UT3! Is it really 3 years ago that you came out?
      I still remember the times when you were a demo version. You were almost killing my PC on ultra low details Now you became a real game and you have a solid fanbase

Oh and...

cheers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Masaai_Warrior View Post
        A few days ago (yesterday for us EU folk), we just passed the 3 year anniversary of the release of Unreal Tournament 3. This game may not have the online clout of COD or TF2, but it has provided some of the most memorable moments in gaming for myself and a lot of other players, and we still have a small community playing regularly, with an amazing average skill level. We have seen maps and mods, machinima and expansions, and I personally have met some awesome fellow gamers, and competed with them in a (mostly) friendly environment!

For all this we thank thee UT.....(and Epic ofc)

HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
        Dont remind me pls , i paid 1500 euros for a new PC (just tower) and 50 for the game , i still remember asking the mailman if anything arrived for me ,w8ing for my ut3 mail order("if im not at home find me at work , if im with a woman, get her n give me the **** game ") .

happy BDaY ut3 !

G00D Times !!!!!!

PS ArmaRulZZ !!!!!!

Comment

Plus ++ I played the demo with my radeon 9800 pro. That gpu ROCKED.

35 fps with tweaked inis. Respect .

Comment

Can it really be three years?

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
              .... and 2 long weeks

Comment

The "online clout" of those other games is what truly baffles. Tried to love em ;CS, TF2, L4D even BF:BC2 , most seem to either revolve around camping in some form or peeping round corners, whilst camping as with CS. For me the movement possibilities are really what differentiates the UTs and sets them apart.

Nothing matches the buzz from the raw gladitorial style of play found in UT3.Undoubtedly Epic deserved more success with UT3, why didn't they get it? Split community infighting? Too high expectations, idk? it's been debated too much already in the three years.

So it's been a fun 3 Yrs, more than had my money's worth. Thx Epic

Comment

happy Bday UT3
                  i was so sick that my pc cant handdle it that my wifey allowed me to build a new pc....2 times...thx epics for the nice game...and the PC...

Comment

wow!!! yeah,the demo version...that was fun...(P4 3,6ghz,ati 800)

Comment

2 video cards, one computer, and 3 years. i didn't partake in the demo days, so i'm still a bit skill challenged, but i've loved every second of it.

bought it at launch for an under spec machine that ran @ 800x600 barely.

now i'm @ 1440 x 900, and my eyes love me for it.
                      a long strange trip.

Thank you Epic.

rek70/friedmayonaisse

Comment

Hahahaha the main reason I bought a new PC 3 years ago was so I could play UT3. I've played loads of other games over the years but UT3 still keeps me coming back for more. Best gameplay and most exciting gamin I've had.

Comment

I don't know what PC I had at the time when just the demo was around but it was worse than my current one.
                          And my current one is an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.1GHz with 1GB RAM and have a GeForce 7600 GT (I'm running Win XP on it) but UT3 works smoothly with 30-40 frames and nice graphics

PS: *mad laughing*

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                            Indeed Flak. Maybe it's time for a new UT?

Comment

aheeeee! New UT please ;'D

Comment

Working...
                              X