Tips for UT newcomers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    My biggest tip is rework weapon preference order tier to match what you are best with and do best with... mine has always had flak at the top because i wreck with it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks for the tips.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it looks good.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EgoMan View Post
    thanks guys!
    what's the newest patch - v5 oder v2.1? found both
    what's the advantage i get from those maps/mods - will i not have to download them anymore before loading up the map or would i know even see those servers without downloading them beforehand?
    If you don't download them, you can still play those maps online (at least for me). It will just take longer to join. Downloading the custom content means more maps, mods, it gets more creative than just the UT Epic maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks guys!
    what's the newest patch - v5 oder v2.1? found both
    what's the advantage i get from those maps/mods - will i not have to download them anymore before loading up the map or would i know even see those servers without downloading them beforehand?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by wikkid View Post
    It is pretty simple.

Install the Titan Pack Download Link
    Then install the patch Download Link
    Then join a Server and pew pew!!

You forgot to mention "download a pile of custom maps" . EgoMan, there are tons of maps in the User Maps & Mods section. You probably want to pick up all of the CPB, UOF,HOLP,and COMP pack(s) as a minimum.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EgoMan View Post
    hey there,
    I used to play ut3 back in 2007 and now I'm back and see there's quite a few add ons (titan pack, patches, extensions, etc..)
    has anyone got a list with all the (essential) add ons and the order in which to install them? I don't want to miss out on anything and can't seem to find a comprehensive, updated list (mist just be blind here)

thanks a ton, highly appreciate it
    It is pretty simple.

Install the Titan Pack Download Link
    Then install the patch Download Link
    Then join a Server and pew pew!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey there,
    I used to play ut3 back in 2007 and now I'm back and see there's quite a few add ons (titan pack, patches, extensions, etc..)
    has anyone got a list with all the (essential) add ons and the order in which to install them? I don't want to miss out on anything and can't seem to find a comprehensive, updated list (mist just be blind here)

thanks a ton, highly appreciate it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, working more with UDK nowadays but still as active here as ever.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Henrik!
    Good to hear you're still about & thanks again for all your contributions to the UT3 community

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jetpack_Jack View Post
    And if i remember rightly, Henrik produced some excellent youtube training vids, which touched on timings? (Mastering UT3 Video Series?)
    A bit late in my reply, but thank you Jetpack_Jack. I did produce several UT3 training videos including complete guides to the Black Edition extra gametypes. http://youtube.com/voxhousestudio

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the tips! Me and my fellas are going to participate this year. That was useful advice, I appreciate that

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx you have provided nice information here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Experience teaches: Don't chase people behind corners, usually they are waiting up close with a Flak (or pick your favourite one-shot-to-face wepaon) cannon and you end up in a liquid form.
    Only chase if you are positive the enemy does not have proper weapons, is low on health and you are going in for the kill.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Excelent guide Sly, helped me alot! Keep up the good work dude!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X