I have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question

My laptop lets me play about 5 to 6 games and then it suddenly says it encounters a problem and shuts me off of UT3, I dont know exactly why its doing this though, my first thought may be my fan isnt working right, but idk, any of you having the same issue?

laptop specs?
    has this happened before, or is it a new thing?

Comment

after some games on a lappy...looks like something is overheating ;-)

Comment

what bl!tz says

Comment

i also suspect what the two above me said...

^^

Comment

I agree with what the three above me said.

There's one solution:
            Set the graphics lower and if you can't take "such bad graphics" (yes the textures and effects can look pretty ugly, as if they'd be drawn with watercolors, but that's not bad as long as it works) play the older versions of UT. UT2004 will have an UT3 style mutator. The weapon models are ported. It works quite good and there are gravity mutators, UT3 remake maps, UT3 voice packs and characters and other stuff which make you think you play an UT3 match.

Or do this.

Comment

Check the logs too, after this happens again .

C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs

Sounds like overheating as the others said though. If it is you can buy some cooling solution for your laptop. Google it .

Comment

My laptop is AMD Athleon 64 bit duel core 1.6 ghz , ATI Radeon 3200, 4GB HD and 320 HDD, I do know that the specs preferred are at least 2.4 but it runs fine. This just started happening last night, but I think it is overheating, I have a cooling pad and I never had the issue will running it, but I keep my laptop cleaned so I'm assuming I'm either killing it by all my high graphic games or b/c its acer its just crappy to begin with.

Comment

I don't think system meets minimum system req :O

Comment

The graphics card does, just the CPU doesnt, but other then that it literally plays fine.

Comment

do u use some monitoring programs? (siw,CPUID-HWmonitor,speedfan....)
                      could be interressant to watch the temperatures after one or two ut3 games (cpu & gpu temperatures)speed fan is not bad for that u can run it in background and it record graphs

what size is ur screen? and what settings do u use in ut3?

Comment

my screen is 15.6, and no I dont use any monitoring programs.

Comment

Originally posted by crows_dagger View Post
                          my screen is 15.6, and no I dont use any monitoring programs.
                          Too bad we can't send this one to bash.org.

UT3 with high graphic settings is pretty CPU intensive. So with your CPU "underpowered" it is probably running at max to give you your game. And with time + dust + laptop CPU cooling things tend to get together, making cooling less efficient -> overheating. So if you can monitor you CPU temperatures (try speedfan) you know more.

Comment

Working...
                          X