Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone describe the differences between the original UT and UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
    Since you always have the xhairs in the center of the screen, shouldn't the camera really be placed in the barrel of the gun?
    Xhair should be placed where I'm looking. If I'm right up to some one, the centre of my view should be their face without Y-rotation of the view. I'm wanting to aim where I'm looking and my source of vision should be my eyes, in my head. Not in my chest.

Comment

Originally posted by jomi294 View Post
      You should watch this movie, pretty fun.
      cool vid thanks..

Comment

trying to get a team together to make an arena shooter for the pc: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=751645

preference is to people who have made mods/maps for any version of the UT games

Comment

Here's my analysis on UT99's movement whilst making my movement.

*Feels like you running fast.
          *Dodges are fast and short
          *You don't slow down if you try to bunny hop.You move at the same speed still.
          *A slight increase in airtime when jumping (lower gravity feeling). Jumps also feel like they've got actual momentum to them (less aircontrol?)

Comment

Yeah, there is less aircontrol but I think it has to do with Unreal. UT was based on Unreal's botmatch gameplay and Unreal's style. In Unreal you had almost no aircontrol. Once jumping into a certain direction you could not change it anymore. Same goes for falling. You could not really control your fall.

Comment

Sanchez what I meant as per your comment on my site, was that Epic won't allow a direct use of any Unreal property (ie for a remake or sequel) even if it's free. But it sounds like what you are doing is different.. so go nuts.

Comment

cool thanks Henrik..

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik View Post
                  Sanchez what I meant as per your comment on my site, was that Epic won't allow a direct use of any Unreal property (ie for a remake or sequel) even if it's free. But it sounds like what you are doing is different.. so go nuts.
                  According to this: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Devel...ness and Legal, they allow you to use any UT3 assets included with UDK and UTGame script is not part of the restricted assets, so that should help with what he's doing.

Comment

I meant legal property, like the franchise name. Sanchez asked me what I meant regarding a comment I made somewhere, but that was in context of using the Unreal name to do a community version of UT.

Comment

Working...
                    X