Killstreaks for UT3? Good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killstreaks for UT3? Good idea?

I know the idea comes from the CoD franchise, but seriously, 30 kills in a row and all you get is a message saying "MASSACRE" ?? Especially on multiplayer, you just don't seem to get, a reward? Titan mode is fun i must admit, and turning into a titan after scoring some flags and blasting other players, but thats it.

If you dont know what I mean, like if you get 5 kills, then you get the "KILLING SPREE" message and the Juggernaut (Berserk + Udamage) and so on, and maybe add the redeemer in if you get like 30 kills or whatever.

Now i have read some GoW forums where someone was saying that KS in GoW would put players off the actual process of the game. Such as in UT3 in CTF, if you add awesome killstreaks them players will probably just get kills and not the flag.
    If Epic decide to bring another patch to UT3, this is what I think should be in it. If like the problem above is seen, them we could probably just limit the killstreaks to TDM and DM, you know?

I just felt to get a reward even in the campaign getting those cards which gave your vehicles more health, gave you another player, etc.

Whats your view?

yeah.. that's true. i do that quite often but usually on vCTF. if i get some Rampage or Dominating on foot. vehicle killstreak is much easier...

but i agree with you. it wouldn't be a bad idea disabling those messages in those modes, cept DM/TDM.

BUT, remember that only players with some experience would probably agree with that, cuz we know how a certain mode should be played. disabling those messages could result in some real dimotivation to new players.

Comment

Kill streaks promote camping. UT is not a campy game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
        Kill streaks promote camping. UT is not a campy game.
        1+

This would kill UT -a worse idea than what the Titan for oldschool UT and Unreal players was! Oh and never listen to what Gearsheads say. Many of them didn't really play UT. If you would reward good players with super awesome power-ups, Titan transformation and other stuff they'd just own everybody. No balance! Newcomers and worse players would have NO chance and the match would end up being a massacre and fragfest for the good ones (and campers). For me this message is a reward. It is a motivation for me. Same goes for Headtrick. I try to score as many flags as I can just to hear the announcer saying "Headtrick".

Comment

This is an AWFUL, AWFUL idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ΉӨӨDΣD_ΛƧƧΛƧƧIП View Post
            If like the problem above is seen, them we could probably just limit the killstreaks to TDM and DM, you know?
            For sure that's the way to go. So those players who are constantly getting dominating or better sprees will win games even faster. As is it takes like 3 or 4 maps for them to empty a server and that can take nearly an hour. Now we could have servers empty in half the time. People think UT3 is unfriendly towards new players now? They haven't seen anything yet. +1 for this idea.

Comment

UT is not a game made for killstreaks, as Random said people complain its newb unfriendly now, why you think the idea of titan failed? The good players go it before the bad players and raped the bad players even more so afterwards. Yeah wasn't great thinking. If you officially want to kill the UT franchise for good and make sure it never comes back yes put in killstreaks.

Comment

PS:

Originally posted by ΉӨӨDΣD_ΛƧƧΛƧƧIП View Post
                I know the idea comes from the CoD franchise[...]
                I played one match Modern Warfare 2 against a friend and I have to say: Where's the balance? This game was no fun. UT was always the most balanced game I've played.
                Of course it would attract new players: CoD-fans! And UT would end up having unbalanced matches and being camper's heaven (=futuristic CoD :O ).
                You just can't mix UT with CoD.

Comment

How the hell do you camp in UT3?

Comment

I like the idea of a reward for numerous kills in a row as long as it isnt overpowered like the titan, that #$% is lame. Maybe a slight health bump at killing spree, shield at rampage, air strike at wicked sick, etc, etc. Something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
                      I like the idea of a reward for numerous kills in a row as long as it isnt overpowered like the titan, that #$% is lame. Maybe a slight health bump at killing spree, shield at rampage, air strike at wicked sick, etc, etc. Something like that.
                      bold: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL sorry i laughed really hard

hey, it's UT3. you want air strike of... hum... air strike of stinger for 30 secs would be awsome!

i also like killing streaks, but it's stupid to have it when using vehicles or titan.

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                        How the hell do you camp in UT3?
                        It's hard to do in (T)DM, CTF and Duel but not in vehicle gametypes.
                        When you add such a feature where you get overpowered power-ups or the Titan transformation you can -it's even a motivation for players to do so because they know they get some powerups
                        Oh and somehow some people manage to camp in UT. As I said: Especially in vehicle gametypes. This feature would be just annoying. Camp your Goliath, Hellbender or SPaMA next to the tower in Torlan and spam the nodes. You can easily get 30 kills in a row and -tada!- You are almost invincible! Your tank/bender/SPMA is now even better and guess what: Just 10 more kills and you have triple damage! :O

... Seriously: It would destroy UT.

In my opinion: No more "features". I'd just like to see some old gametypes back (like Assault) and some promised content instead.

Comment

UT already has a major skill gap, Adding Killstreaks wouldn't help those who are bad at the game like in Call Of Duty. But would actually add to there suffering, If you can't pick up the game and do well how on earth do you expect them to put up with being killed by devotees who are getting killstreaks which mean they don't even have to bother going near to them to kill them.

This would drive new comers away from the game all together.

Its usually best not to take advice from Gears players for fixing UT(As an EX-UT devotee[I still enjoy the occasional game once in a while] & MLG Gears player I can say this with certainty),They are two different types of games.

Comment

Originally posted by FuLLBLeeD View Post
                            This is an AWFUL, AWFUL idea.
                            My sentiments exactly. A complete sin against everything that UT stands for!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Random54 View Post
                              They haven't seen anything yet.
                              All I'm thinking of is UT2004 adrenaline... the definition of a positive feedback loop.

Comment

Working...
                              X