Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome me

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Welcome me

    Whats up? Thought I'd join in. 1st post obviously.

    Just wanna know a few essential get started tips.

    I have URT 3 RC7 what ever that means. I got this game free when
    I bought my Sapphire 4870x2 GPU. Just recently installed this game
    on W7 Ultimate. I game at 2560x1600 on an Asus REX with an Intel
    Q9650 @4.0GHz with 4 gigs of RAM. CPU-NB-GPU all on H20.

    What do I need to do as far as updates and patches? I tried to play
    online but a prompt says I'm not up to date. Any guidance or help will
    be most appreciated. Thank you very much! -keith

    #2
    Welcome to the forums,

    I play on the 360 and UT3 is a great game.

    Comment


      #3
      U just need the latest patch (its patch5/v2.1). But its good to have the addon as well. The addon is called "Titan pack". You'll find all these stuff here
      http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=663720

      Comment


        #4
        Welcome aboard Keith, while Last UT3 Boss may have somewhat of a point, there are still quite a few of us out there playing. update to patch v2.1 and Titan pack, then check out the link below for some of the more active servers.

        http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=748275

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Last_UT3_Boss
          Keith, you're a couple years too late.

          Nobody plays this game!!!! :O

          I joined a server and waited, nobody joined.
          Eh. You have to try at peak hours on servers that have regular players tbh. The BTA server I play on fills up every so often, a few days ago I couldn't join after 20 odd minutes of waiting in spec because it was full and no one would leave.

          Comment


            #6
            RC7 just means release candidate7. It's basically UT3 retail 1.0.

            Download and isntall patch5(2.1) than install Titan Pack to get up to date. After that you'll there's countless of high quality maps you could download.

            I would start with the HOLP and CBP3 mappacks.

            Comment


              #7
              Thanks for the welcome guys! Will get started on those patches and expansions.

              Huhh??? A couple years to late?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by keithallenlaw View Post
                Thanks for the welcome guys! Will get started on those patches and expansions.

                Huhh??? A couple years to late?
                Don't worry about it, many people are very grumpy and cynical around here.

                Have fun fragging!

                Comment


                  #9
                  OK, I have the patch and the Titan expansion installed. I can log in, download
                  other players from a server from the game server search, and I can see other
                  players ready to play, but as soon as I hit the space key (forward) the game
                  CTD's. Can someone tell me how to fix this? W7 Ultimate I am. Thanks!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by keithallenlaw View Post
                    OK, I have the patch and the Titan expansion installed. I can log in, download
                    other players from a server from the game server search, and I can see other
                    players ready to play, but as soon as I hit the space key (forward) the game
                    CTD's. Can someone tell me how to fix this? W7 Ultimate I am. Thanks!
                    That's a first...
                    Are your graphics card drivers up to date? What card do you have?

                    Try uploading your "launch.log" file via www.sendspace.com

                    It's located in this folder:
                    \Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Graphic card is a Saphire 4870x2 and it does have the latests drivers
                      from ADM. I will try the launch log thing when I get back from me and
                      my sons camping trip Sunday. Thanks for the reply.

                      Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                      That's a first...
                      Are your graphics card drivers up to date? What card do you have?

                      Try uploading your "launch.log" file via www.sendspace.com

                      It's located in this folder:
                      \Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X