Rename weapon without the source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rename weapon without the source

Can you rename a weapon (what you see on screen when you pick it up) if you don't have the source?

Yep. Open your utgame.int file located in ...\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Localization\INT

There you will see, among other things, the "Pickup Message" for each weapon which can be changed to whatever you want.

Comment

You mean utgame.int, not ini? I have taken a look at my utgame.int and I have only found a pickup reference to one of my custom weapons there. I don't wish to change the names of the stock weapons, but custom weapons.

Comment

Woops! xD Yes, I did mean utgame.int.

If you want to change the pick-up message/name of a custom weapon, I would guess that you'd have to edit that weapon's ini file (if it has one) and change its name there.

Comment

I've tried everything and I have not been able to change the name of my custom weapons. I've tried creating inis, ints, etc editing adding information to utweapon.int, etc. What if I load the files with the editor? If I do so, I cannot find the names anywhere. Actually, the only way I've been able to edit the names is loading the file and editing directly the code in hex mode. The only problem is that I have to fill the characters with blank spaces and so the name is not shown centered on screen.

Comment

add "item="to whatever"" in default properties, if you don't have source code, extend it.

Comment

Working...
            X