UT3 ping compensation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 ping compensation?

Is there ping compensation that works for UT3?

I tried UTcomp ping compensation a while back but it didn't seem to work, it seemed to create more lag. I recall that the Russian person never finished it.

It would be answome, but the best thing would be more net code, epic shoud release and update that would had a lot more net code

Comment

Sounds good ,but there are other more pressing server problems first, like how/why ping skyrockets (sometimes tripling) on full servers, depending on number of players.

Comment

I agree, I thought someone may have already made a mut. Thanks.

Also, looking to confirm old comments about UTcomp ping compensation. I recall it not working very well.

Comment

UTComp does work i know many players like it. Rarely need it myself though.

Comment

UTComp Ping Compensation usually makes it even worse - avoid it if anyhow possible!

Comment

Unlagged Instagib (only for Instagib, not any other weapons, though mod authors are free to include my unlag code in their hitscan weapons)

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                Unlagged Instagib (only for Instagib, not any other weapons, though mod authors are free to include my unlag code in their hitscan weapons)
                héhé ...how did i miss that?!
                thx a lot mate,i will try it asap on our server

Comment

If I remember correctly the general consensus on UTComp ping compensation is there wasn't one. It worked for some people, but made it worse for others. Personally, I never noticed a difference, but I used ping comp on servers I pinged 30-50 to so who knows :3

Comment

In my experience, ping compensation generally works well for hitscan, but isn't so great when projectile weapons are involved.

ZeroPing instagib is great, because it makes hit registration client-side instead of server side. Even if you have 200 ping, your shot lands where you aimed.

The reason this sucks for projectile weapons is that if someone with 200 ping joins your server, the projectiles you see coming at you are not the same as the projectiles the attacker sees coming out of his weapons. You may think you dodged a rocket, but no. Pow, right in the kisser.

Peace,
                    -Rhykker

Comment

Agree with Rhykker. UTComp's ping correction helped a lot with hitscan weapons, but there wasn't anything I hated more than its glitched projectiles, specially the glitched flak secondary arc. It also worsened the already terrible Bio rifle glob hit detection.

So in short, I'd say avoid unless you're ready to deal with the bugs.

Comment

Working...
                      X