unreal tournament 3 characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    another thing i noticed othello from ut3 the ronin was also in thundercrash in ut2004 aswell my guess is that he left thundercrash and joined the ronin but why?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    unreal championship was such a great game the combanation of first person and third person of melee weapons and action but not enough characters it needs more robots raptor and corrosion and snzergy were different reskins but the security bot and devastator were completely different characters and the juggernuats looked freaking huge

Leave a comment:

• replied
    guess is that the player kicked the skaarj's *** so hard that they abandoned the krall or as i call it GET OF MY UNREAL TOURNAMENT FOOL

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lmao! Best answer in this thread so far!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh, I know what happened to the Juggernauts.

I killed them all in UT2004.

"The Cleansing of the Uglies," I called it. And thus it was historical fact.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hm.. That would make sense although I'm still very sceptical since they just killed any other race. But who cares as long as the Skaarj still exist (so that there is a base for an Unreal 3 game -I'm already waiting too long for it. Wishful thinking... *sigh*) and as long as there is a little bit sense.
    I like you're theory. This theory should have been mentioned in the manual.

PS: Now some more questions about characters: Does anybody know why there are no Juggernauts anymore? Wasn't there a concept of them and an armor of a Juggernaut in the game?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sly. View Post
    Imo that's nonsense! How can the Skaarj be beaten when even the humans had a strong fight with them? They only won against them because they did a suicide attack on their mothership. And think about it: Humans and Necris are very similar and their vehicles have almost the same strenght. And: The Skaarj have Mercenaries which have temporary shields so that you can't deal any damage to them or what about their spaceships? In Unreal 1 I got killed by one. That was very unexpected! lol (Poor Nali, Nali cows and Nali rabbits At least they didn't suffer but exploded immediately)

PS: The Skaarj were conquerors for a long period of time. (That's what I can tell you from playing the whole Unreal series ) Why should their empire be beaten from one day to another?
    I suppose there must have been an alliance between the Skaarj and the Necris, considering that the Necris are allied with the Krall. The Skaarj might be busy elsewhere, conquering some other race since they assume that the humans are already done for.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Imo that's nonsense! How can the Skaarj be beaten when even the humans had a strong fight with them? They only won against them because they did a suicide attack on their mothership. And think about it: Humans and Necris are very similar and their vehicles have almost the same strenght. And: The Skaarj have Mercenaries which have temporary shields so that you can't deal any damage to them or what about their spaceships? In Unreal 1 I got killed by one. That was very unexpected! lol (Poor Nali, Nali cows and Nali rabbits At least they didn't suffer but exploded immediately)

PS: The Skaarj were conquerors for a long period of time. (That's what I can tell you from playing the whole Unreal series ) Why should their empire be beaten from one day to another?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    from what i can tell the skaarj must of had a fight with the necris

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sly. View Post
    I like to talk about improvements but I think that belongs to another thread. We went pretty much off-topic. It would be good to continue the talk in the thread "A Plea To Epic". It's all about that.

Just want to return to the original topic now:

I found it a little bit strange too. The Skaarj were in every Unreal game since the beginning.
    Unreal 1 (you had to fight them and kill their queen to survive and to escape from Na Pali), Unreal Tournament (were in an enemy team in the Tournament), Unreal 2 (similar to Unreal 1), Unreal Tournament 2003 (enemies in Tournament), Unreal Tournament 2004 (same as in UT2003), Unreal Championship 1 and 2 (didn't play these games but they were -like in UT- enemies afaIk)...
    UT3... ? Where are they gone? Instead we got Kralls and Necris? What!? That's too confusing. At least it could have been explained.
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Necris took over the Skaarj. As I go through the game manual, I can't find where I read it, so I may have dreamed it or something.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DJfunyPoodle... hmmm... have I played you on Team Fortress 2 before?

Anyway, I like your ideas too, but as a UT purist, I say leave out the leveling system. Instead, leveling should only unlock character customization options.

Also, the Reaper as a Necris idea sounds appealing I was thinking more along the lines of new characters that happen to come across Reaper during the tournament, and maybe they make a deal with his team to help knock Thunder Crash from the top spot (unaware that Reaper wants Malcom dead permanently).

Heck, the next UT game can take the perspective of multiple teams. Nothing wrong with that as long as each scenario is fleshed out.

Anyway, apologies to anyone else who thinks this is too much off topic. Just stick your boot up my rear end if you are displeased.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Back to topic now

I like to talk about improvements but I think that belongs to another thread. We went pretty much off-topic. It would be good to continue the talk in the thread "A Plea To Epic". It's all about that.

Just want to return to the original topic now:
    Originally posted by gultron View Post
    @sly thats what i want to know the krall were the slaves of the skaarj now necris? as much as the unreal universe doesent have that much story i would pretty much want to know what happened to the skaarj its like ut2004 skaarj were around then ut3 poof no skaarj??!! as much im no fan of the skaarj i would still like to see them if epic decides to make another unreal game
    I found it a little bit strange too. The Skaarj were in every Unreal game since the beginning.
    Unreal 1 (you had to fight them and kill their queen to survive and to escape from Na Pali), Unreal Tournament (were in an enemy team in the Tournament), Unreal 2 (similar to Unreal 1), Unreal Tournament 2003 (enemies in Tournament), Unreal Tournament 2004 (same as in UT2003), Unreal Championship 1 and 2 (didn't play these games but they were -like in UT- enemies afaIk)...
    UT3... ? Where are they gone? Instead we got Kralls and Necris? What!? That's too confusing. At least it could have been explained.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ gameslaya I love all of your ideas! I too had come up with something similar, but in mine the story revolves around Reaper getting revenge on Malcolm (like we should have seen). Basically Phayder cuts him a deal, saying 'let us make you a Necris and we'll sponsor a team for you.' Reaper as the team leader picks you after some standard preliminary matches and the story is told through you watching what happens. Once you beat the game you end up becoming the team leader for multiple play throughs and defend your title.

Character creation would be made in something called the 'GenePool' where you choose a base race from the dozen or so species we have and then you can modify your DNA, for a cost, of course . You canix and match arms, add tails, horns and all kind of craziness, really just the system we have now (UT3) on crack.

There'd be a persistant leveling system so you cam upgrade stats and weapons skills. Not trying to turn unreal into an rpg, but most games have something like that today, and it helps keep modern players coming back for more.

And like you said, there'd be all sorts of back dealing and gambling and corporate bullsh!t to deal with, really just playing up the blood sport/tv entertainment aspect of it. The levels will have death traps in them that you can earn bonus money from stylish deaths (**** you, bulletstorm!) instead of adrenaline you have, I dunno, 'Crowd Fr3nzy' or something and once it builds up to certain levels you can do a special skill/move that you've leveled up.

I think that's about it, and my thumbs hurt, let me know what you think

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Me neither.

I agree with you Gameslaya. And there are some mutants already: The Juggernauts. They are gen manipulated fighters. What I would also like to see are demos of your tournament matches. But they should be documentated as if it would be in TV and they should be saved so that you can watch it whenever you want. Remember: It is a Tournament that is displayed on TV! (remembers the signs in UT99's city intro: "WATCH THE TOURNAMENT LIVE - ON NEUROVISEON!") and maybe some kind of "interviews" with the Tournament winner Xan. He should be as powerful as shown in the UT2004 intro with only 1 life! That's my opinion.

... Seems like we went off-topic again :/

PS: For those who want a story in UT: Unreal = game with a real story; UT = game without a real story.
    If you want to have a story and UT-like gameplay and weapons: Play Unreal !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    and another thing i dont remember seeing the ronin in any of the ut games

Leave a comment:

Working...
X