unreal tournament 3 characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unreal tournament 3 characters

this is a thread for disscusing about the characters of ut3 and for new people how just got ut3 and dont know half about the story and characters so starting off with my favourite faction the liandri

(team leader)matrix:leads the team of the modified combat versions of the world class liandri robots.there have been strong arguments about wether matrix is 100% robot or a enhanced human for some reason but matrix is known as a fearsom opponent

aspect:this model was ment for heavy mining but has been refitted with combat gear

cathode:the cathode security bot was ment to kill oppents in a bloody manner

enigma:little is known about this model the liandri has not released its design specs before

nova:quantum reaction times, an alloyed grid support frame, and S-PLG targeting software make the Nova model a fearsome opponent.

tensor:this robot was fetured in the demo but now is a cut character you can still get him so long you havent got the titan pack since novas head replaces it but if you install it before you get the titan pack novas head is no where to be seen

you forgot that they are all equipped with aimbot lol

Comment

yeah lol im trying to find images so please dont start raging about it

Comment

I had a question about Malcolm, I used to play UT2K4 competitively as a kid not for the story, and now I have more of an interest in franchises, I wish I cared a bit more because now... how Malcolm was at the end of UT3. What role did Malcolm play in UT2K4?

Comment

malcolm is the champion of the tournament in ut2k4; the final fight of the solo/carrier tournament is vs him
          no story in ut2k4...only fights!

Comment

Cool... So in UT3 he just ends up

Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
              no story in ut2k4...only fights!
              No offense but...
              that's how UT should be!
              A TOURNAMENT and not a competitive game with a pseudo story. There is a reason why it has been called Unreal TOURNAMENT: Because it is the multiplayer version of Unreal! Epic should have made a new Unreal if they wanted to make a story and not take UT and try to add a story. That couldn't work. That was impossible. UT has (as the name tells you) a multiplayer-oriented tournament-like gameplay.
              That was my personal opinion and nobody has to share it. I just hope that Epic won't make the same mistake again.
              And I really don't understand why characters like Xan, Axon, Brock (my favorite human character from the Iron Guards team) and various others weren't included in UT3.

Epic, please take your time for the next UT and try to distinguish between Unreal and UT. A mixture seems to be a bad idea.
              *misses the good old times where UT was only about shooting opponents, capturing flags and conquering bases*

EDIT: It could be that it sounds a bit harsh but I really respect Epic. They make great games but they shouldn't try to mix two games only because they are a bit similar. Story in UT is a bad choice imo. Many people are happy with just a tournament.

EDIT2: I recommend taking ingame screenshots of the characters since it is really hard to find a good screenshot with a nice resolution on the internet.

EDIT3: (too many edits already): Does anybody know why the Kralls are the "slaves" of the Necris now? In Unreal they were the "slaves" of the Skaarj. Was that somewhere mentioned in the campaign? (Can't recall it)

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                No offense but...
                that's how UT should be!
                A TOURNAMENT and not a competitive game with a pseudo story.
                100% ok with that and honnestly i think i finished the "carrier/solo" something like 2 years after UT3 was born ...i m a pure DM/TDM player and each War mission was just not giving me enough fun (at least with bots)

about the story i was really frustrated that malcolm wasnt involved in some fights....
                about the characters u re totally right thoses characters are part of the game and when i saw "matrix-ut3" for the first time i falled of my chair...who s that guy?..lol...matrix was/is a black slim female ...or i miss something somewhere haha

ut3 chars are less impressive and not scaring; sure they are more polished; detailled and eyecandy...but it looks like they all come from the same places + u are direclty part of one of thoses tribe with a war in background
                you cant really choose anymore who u want to be and fight with; in previous versions u just had to face a bunch of mercenary from all around the universe and u was one of them...u heared from a past war too but u had to imagine more and the war wasnt affecting the tournament
                we are probably not soldiers n troopers but just fighters....gimme a weapon; an arena; an opponent and i dont need any war or any chief to enjoy a good blast
                last weird thing to me is respawn points...in a war...lol...quite a joke

Comment

LOL @ random dead-horse rant having nothing to do with the thread topic.

For all the new guys, open the console and type: unlockallchar (might be unlockallchars) and you will be able to use whatever character you like without having to finish the campaign.

My favorite are the female Necris. I just love the overall character design. Not crazy about the male ones though.

But I wish we could use the weapon-specific taunts, as well as some of the dialogue from the campaign.

Comment

No offense but...
                    that's how UT should be!
                    A TOURNAMENT and not a competitive game with a pseudo story. There is a reason why it has been called Unreal TOURNAMENT: Because it is the multiplayer version of Unreal!
                    Gotta quote this again. If you want story, epic has GOW, but only the 1st one is on pc. I think UT3 and GOW are like half life and CSS. One is the story campaign and the other is multiplayer oriented.

Comment

it would have been slightly better if the corrupt were just the corrupt not a big fat *** trash can(aspect and enigma) or toaster(cathode and matrix) (altogh i do get quite hungry some times ) if the game was set as ut2004 just a bit of model improvments such as making xan more realistic and his team and the other teams as well

Comment

Originally posted by udk3 View Post
                        If you want story, epic has GOW, but only the 1st one is on pc. I think UT3 and GOW are like half life and CSS. One is the story campaign and the other is multiplayer oriented.
                        If I want to play a story oriented game I play Unreal What I wanted to say with that is that it is a bad idea to give UT a story because it is a multiplayer oriented game. Does CS have a story? No.

Oh and btw: I hate GOW. I played it and I didn't like it. And the story is not really a good story. Unreal's story was way better (but that might be just my opinion). The gameplay in GoW can be fun but UT and U are just better games. And I'm tired of these war games. CoDMW1 & 2, BFBC2, GOW and finally even UT!
                        Too bad there are no new Unreal games.

Well, but now back to topic:
                        @gultron: yeah I have to agree. It would have been better if they would have taken the 2k4 models and updated them to UE3 standards. Can you recognize the Iron Guards? I can't. Their representative armor has been changed way too much. Does this guy look like the original Iron Guards?
                        I don't think so. But does he look like him? Yes. Note that this artwork above looks a bit different from the UT99 Iron Guards. They look exactly like the 2k4 Iron Guards but with less polygons. Makes me wonder why they changed them so much in UT3. Personally I can't recognize them anymore.
                        Too bad I couldn't find some screenshots.

Seems like nobody noticed my edit. Okay, now again this question:
                        Does anybody know why the Kralls are the "slaves" of the Necris now? In Unreal they were the slaves of the Skaarj. Was that somewhere mentioned in the campaign? (Can't recall it. Was long ago that I played the campaign -and I didn't finish it. Didn't like it :/ )
                        Originally (in Unreal 1) they have been subordinated by the Skaarj. What happened to the Skaarj that they are not in UT3 anymore (they were in every Unreal and UT game!) and what's with the Kralls?

Comment

No offense but...
                          that's how UT should be!
                          A TOURNAMENT and not a competitive game with a pseudo story. There is a reason why it has been called Unreal TOURNAMENT: Because it is the multiplayer version of Unreal! Epic should have made a new Unreal if they wanted to make a story and not take UT and try to add a story.
                          I agree. I found the story a little hard to follow. They kept mentioning the war, but there was nothing very "warish" about dieing than respawning... and how to do you die and then respawn? The "respawners" don't make much sense... XD If it were a Tournament that would make sense to have respawners... again whatever those are.

Comment

Originally posted by KAS--Will View Post
                            If it were a Tournament that would make sense to have respawners... again whatever those are.
                            I guess they are clones. It's like if you die and they have your DNA and clone you quickly so that you can continue your fight. It's pure Sci-Fi
                            Maybe the Healpod has something to do with it. Remember it? From Unreal 1. (an official remake was also in UT99)

Comment

@sly thats what i want to know the krall were the slaves of the skaarj now necris? as much as the unreal universe doesent have that much story i would pretty much want to know what happened to the skaarj its like ut2004 skaarj were around then ut3 poof no skaarj??!! as much im no fan of the skaarj i would still like to see them if epic decides to make another unreal game

Comment

Working...
                              X