X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to UT2004

I had Enought UT3 and it's problems I'm Going to change to UT2004
    I'll may be back on UT3 when I have more powerfull computer or when next ut comes If it comes.

i dont have to abandon UT3 to play UT2k4...
    ....and i never had to abandon UT2k4 to play UT3
    there s always a "middle" way in life

Comment

You're absolutely right Blitz.
      I play UT99, 2k4 and UT3.
      (Okay over the last 2 months I didn't play 99 and 3 very often because I've been very busy. But when I am done with my currect work I'll start playing all 3 again)

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMadDeath View Post
        I'll may be back on UT3 when I have more powerfull computer or when next ut comes If it comes.
        sounds like more of a computer problem to me.

Comment

If the next UT comes, your computer will whine and beg you to stop torturing it.

Comment

Okay, see you there.
            (But I barely play it. )

Cheers!

Comment

For me its simple:

Online = UT2004
              Offline = UT3

Comment

Too many people have PC's not suited for UT3... get a proper PC and it plays very nicely... despite the bugs.

Comment

I wish I still had UT2K4...
                  I only have UT3 right now but I'm for sure picking up UT99 if it comes out on GOG.com.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMadDeath View Post
                    LOL, he needs a hug.

Comment

when I have more powerfull computer or when next ut comes If it comes

Sure you're not mistaking choppy online performance with poor HW performance, when really it's server/netcode problems. Going from 60 to 140 ping during the course of one game isn't fun or pretty on any rig, however powerful. Granted, this doesn't happen with UT2004.

Truth is, UE3 powered UT3 is one of the least HW demanding games out there imo. If anything, UT3 itself is too cpu bound leaving graphics cards under utilized. It's just everything related to online play that was bizarrely(for a game with UT's online pedigree) inferior.

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                        Sure you're not mistaking choppy online performance with poor HW performance, when really it's server/netcode problems. Going from 60 to 140 ping during the course of one game isn't fun or pretty on any rig, however powerful. Granted, this doesn't happen with UT2004.

Truth is, UE3 powered UT3 is one of the least HW demanding games out there imo. If anything, UT3 itself is too cpu bound leaving graphics cards under utilized. It's just everything related to online play that was bizarrely(for a game with UT's online pedigree) inferior.
                        And the gameplay is just not fun for most Unreal fans.

Comment

I may have to install UT '04 and play remember when. It seems to me that the game was more fun then. The graphics are prettier in UT3 , but, there is more to game play than pretty. On PC it never felt like any more than a console port.

Comment

Maybe we'll see some of you in the next 2k4 Community Tournament? lol

Comment

Working...
                            X