Something Unreal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something Unreal

Just watch it, it's pretty a pretty cool trailer of how Unreal could be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA1nh...layer_embedded

Looks pretty cool except a few things:
    Na Pali is a green planet. There was too much desert and the place where the Vortex Rikers crashed was surrounded by cliffs. Where are the Ny Leve falls? The big waterfall is missing. Furthermore the design inside the Vortex Rikers was different. The inside of the ship is too dark. It was brighter in the original (waaay brighter. I could hardly recognize the walls) and the metal had a light blue color. The exit of the prisoner ship was not that big. It was a small tunnel, maybe as big as a ventilation shaft and it was full of blood of the escaping crew and other prisoners. When you exit the ship you should see the Sunspire to the left somewhere at the horizon. It was not visible.

And that's what I don't want: Too many changes. Of course this video is great but for me it isn't Unreal anymore. Unreal's atmosphere is gone. If there wasn't this ship I wouldn't recognize the place.

Btw you can't see Sky City because there were many clouds and the floating islands looked smaller.
    PS: If Epic is going to remake the game someday I hope they will stick to the original style and won't invent some new designs for every map :/ It's a great feeling when you recognize your favorite map with everything at the same place, same style and riddles. You're just happy and it is overwhelming to see the beauty of the environment completly in 3D.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
      Looks pretty cool except a few things:
      Na Pali is a green planet. There was too much desert and the place where the Vortex Rikers crashed was surrounded by cliffs. Where are the Ny Leve falls? The big waterfall is missing. Furthermore the design inside the Vortex Rikers was different. The inside of the ship is too dark. It was brighter in the original (waaay brighter. I could hardly recognize the walls) and the metal had a light blue color. The exit of the prisoner ship was not that big. It was a small tunnel, maybe as big as a ventilation shaft and it was full of blood of the escaping crew and other prisoners.

And that's what I don't want: Too many changes. Of course this video is great but for me it isn't Unreal anymore. Unreal's atmosphere is gone. If there wasn't this ship I wouldn't recognize the place.
      Unreal is about crashing a ship into a planet and wondering wtf is coming next. If there were a 100% copy there would be way too many expectations and zero suprises.
      With something like in the trailer, you wonder what's beneath the ridge?

Comment

Of course they should change the locations of monsters and add some new surprises and remove the old ones. But imo they shouldn't change the whole environment and look.
        Okay maybe changing the riddles would make fun if they would be harder than the old one. Searching for the button to open the big door in Dark Arena (the entrance to the map) was not hard but not really easy. It was something in between. There were quite a lot buttons.

EDIT: A good example how it should be done: Nintendo is remaking Zelda Ocarina of Time. From the screenshots you can see that it is going to be a faithful remake with improved grafics.

Comment

same 1 must mdat a new ut3 movie so i can replase it with the old 1 there are costumchars too make a good movie

Comment

I found most of the "puzzles" in Unreal a bit lame after replaying them, they didn't age very well.
            The dessert setting was probably chosen because it's easier to make. This is one person's doing in a relatively sort time period, so he had to set realistic goals.

Comment

Well, that's true. You already knew what to do once you've finished the game. That's why I have waited for some years until I played it a second time. And then it was even more fun because I didn't know the story that well.

I'm still hoping for a official faithful Unreal 1 remake by Epic. I mean if you take a look at the trailer don't you wish to play that game in UE3 now? I liked the ending of the trailer when the camera left the Vortex Rikers and you could see 849 making his/her first move on Na Pali, an unknown and dangerous world. Such a cutscene could have been pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
              X