Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to make your UT3 look like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no doubt that GoW is Epic's main game now. It started a long time ago. On first trailers for UT3 (then is was UT2007) they said "from developers of Gears of War". Why didn't they say "from developers of Unreal, UT2004, etc...".

Marketing leans towards consoles nowadays, that's where the profit is. MW and GoW type games are most popular now and arena shooters like UT and Quake are dead. ID did good job with Quake Live and it's very active again. Epic just let Unreal sink even deeper. It's sad, but I DO hope that they'll continue to use UT to showcase new engine, as they always did.

And then again, Unreal engine without unreal games? That'd be really sad... (maybe they rename it to Gears Engine, God forbid).

Comment

Originally posted by FioPro View Post
      (maybe they rename it to Gears Engine, God forbid).
      I hope not!!

I miss the good old times... *wants to travel back in time with his DeLorean*
      Pretty sad that now even the UT series might dissapear.
      First Unreal.
      Unreal 1, 2 (flop), the end.
      Now UT?
      UT99, 2k4, 3(flop? well wasn't really best selling, was it?), the end?
      That would make me sad

Comment

And you would want to have a fairly decent PC to boot.

Come on people it's unfair to compare UT3 to the new look in the UDK unless we consider system specs as well.

I know from tinkering around that most of you people out there would get a rude shock with the FPS.

[edit] Actually I much prefer
        [shot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/gargorias/UT3/DM-Deck.jpg[/shot]
        anyway!

Comment

just a thought but when GoW3 comes out im thinking it might have some leaked footage of a demo for the new ut

Comment

Originally posted by gultron View Post
            just a thought but when GoW3 comes out im thinking it might have some leaked footage of a demo for the new ut
            Wishful thinking. UT is dead. Its gameplay mechanics are dated and people don't seem to be interested in skill-based shooters. Only way a UT game would sell millions now if RPG elements were integrated into the gameplay mechanics like Mass Effect, Fallout, and Bulletstorm. Even Gears 3 is rumored to have some RPG elements integrated into. It's a new trend (personally I don't like it).

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias View Post
              And you would want to have a fairly decent PC to boot.

Come on people it's unfair to compare UT3 to the new look in the UDK unless we consider system specs as well.

I know from tinkering around that most of you people out there would get a rude shock with the FPS.

[edit] Actually I much prefer
              [shot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/gargorias/UT3/DM-Deck.jpg[/shot]
              anyway!
              To be honest, UDK's UT3 demo runs at around the same frame rate as UT3 on the highest settings. LightMass puts no more strain on the system than ut3 does normally. It's all just baked image maps after all.

Comment

Originally posted by kaotrix View Post
                Wishful thinking. UT is dead. Its gameplay mechanics are dated and people don't seem to be interested in skill-based shooters. Only way a UT game would sell millions now if RPG elements were integrated into the gameplay mechanics like Mass Effect, Fallout, and Bulletstorm. Even Gears 3 is rumored to have some RPG elements integrated into. It's a new trend (personally I don't like it).
                maybe but i heard rumors that in 2011 the new unreal engine 4 wich will be used for GoW3 will be released and ut2011 will be released along with it

Comment

Yea you need to have the engine license to access the source code.
                  Or you can port small bits of ut3 over to udk and just play with the bots.

Comment

So, so pretty.

Maybe a couple of years from now Epic will let us port UT3 to UDK, and have a full standalone UT3.5.

Comment

If you're just playing with bots you can port it using umodel already. And the ut3 source minus some .uci files is available too.
                      Shame that epic won't do it officially.

Comment

Working...
                      X