BOOM CustomMap Greed mixer Sunday 29AUG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOOM CustomMap Greed mixer Sunday 29AUG

I'm organizing another Greed mixer for this Sunday the 29th. For those who have joined us in the past you know these are tons of fun. Details as follows:

When:
    This Sunday 9pm EST

Where:
    BOOM's Greed Slaughterhouse

Who:
    All cool cats are invited. Ventrilo/headset & mic are highly recommended, though not absolutely necessary.

What:
    Favorite custom maps from the HOLP pack and other popular customs. Both CTF and VCTF maps will be played. I'll get the direct download links up soon so people can dld beforehand.

Post here if you are interested or would like more information. 10v10 max so players that post will have server priority. You can also check out our forums here.

Some screens from our last mixer here and here

*NOTE:if you do not like the Greed gametype, then this obviously is not for you. Relative postings only please.

I shall be there this time!

Comment

like too be there for shure but i can,t since i live in Europe at that time it will be "
      3 olcock at mid night
      i have too work the next day

Comment

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
        like too be there for shure but i can,t since i live in Europe at that time it will be "
        3 olcock at mid night
        i have too work the next day
        Yeah I know it will be hard for Euros... mainland NA players have it easiest. 9pm EST is waaaay to early for me just getting outta bed .

Comment

Will this be played on small maps? Greed is so much better on small maps as opposed to large maps where it takes 45 minutes to walk from one point to another.

Comment

Isn't there any active communities in Europe that run such events?

Comment

In Europe we mostly play Duels/TDM/BTA/CTF

Comment

Originally posted by kaotrix View Post
                Will this be played on small maps? Greed is so much better on small maps as opposed to large maps where it takes 45 minutes to walk from one point to another.
                Right now I have about 13 players signed up, server max is 20. Map size will depend on how full the server gets. Though the last two times the server has been maxed out.

I'm looking at CTF-Orestes, CTF-GrendelKeep, CTF-Yoghourt, VCTF-TarydiumMiningCave, VCTF-Andromeda, VCTF-OffTheRails, and a couple others as possibilities for the map list.

Originally posted by aCRaSSiCauDa View Post
                Isn't there any active communities in Europe that run such events?
                There are some active Euro players that I see on the Greed server occasionally, but the most Euro activity I see is with DM and Warfare gametypes. You can login to our server and check your ping if you like. Remember this is Greed so a low ping isn't as crucial as Duel or TDM.

I know Anjaaa, Blazel, and Xtreme are all from Europe and they signed up to play. Though it will be like 3am for them .

Comment

I'm also assuming that Titan will be used? You can't have greed without Titan....it's just not fun.

Comment

Hmmm.... interesting. If I'm around Sunday I'll pop in!

Comment

Originally posted by kaotrix View Post
                      I'm also assuming that Titan will be used? You can't have greed without Titan....it's just not fun.
                      Yes Titan will be on. Additional server settings will be 15 minutes no score limit. All powerups on.

Kaotrix go sign up here

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                      Hmmm.... interesting. If I'm around Sunday I'll pop in!
                      Sos if u are gonna be around I'd recommend signing up on our forums here. Server will fill up players so that signed up will have first priority. Have 5 spots left as of today.

Comment

Map pack for the mixer is up. You can download HERE.

Maps included are:

CTF-GrendelKeep3_CE
                        CTF-Orestes
                        CTF-Yoghourt
                        VCTF-TarydiumMiningCave_AE
                        VCTF-OffTheRails
                        VCTF-Andromeda

If you just want to download an individual map, you can search these forums for individual download links, pretty easy to find.

Comment

OK, I see you all there tonight, sounds pretty cool..

Comment

Server is passworded so pm me, message me on xfire or come to our ventrilo for the pass.

Comment

GG's all!

Had lots of fun. Thank you Salsa for setting it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X