Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
    "Camping won't make you better"

with repetition camping the hellbender twin beams and sniping on foot will improve your aim and is an effective way to take out orb carriers from a distance. Especially if the orb carrier is on their hoverboard. UT3 Torlan is a perfect example.
    You don't have to crouch and sit in one spot to be efficient with the sniper though. It'd be one of my primary weapons if weapon switch wasn't so god awfully slow by default.

Comment

Originally posted by DrUnKenSTeiN View Post
      Controls , lower sens , no mouse acceleration are things that is better to get used to them from the start imo.
      Lower mouse sens.? When I started with the UT series back then with UT99 the first thing I did was increasing it And it was the same I did in UT2004 and UT3 (in UT3 it was almost the 15x of the default sens. but in UT2004 only 2x Imo the sens. in UT3 is low enough so that newcomers can have a better start.).
      I'm not sure if I should add this but in most cases it depends on the mouse. If you have a Razer Diamondback for example you have to decrease the sens. because it is extremly sensitive but if you have a mouse which is not as sensitive you should increase it. But then it always depends on the person and which mouse sens. the person prefers.
      I guess I should add something like "Try out different settings in the gameplay settings menu (play a bit around with the mouse sens., change controls if you want, etc.)" to the general gameplay tips section.

What do you think?

BTW there are still these questions left:
      About hp of a Translocator disc:
      Does anybody know how much it has exactly?
      It was just a suggestion. From what I have seen it always took me and others about 2 missiles to destroy a disc. That would be about the same damage you have to deal to a player to kill him.
      About others who are worse than you:
      After a while I thought to myself: "Nah, I won't kill them anymore, I'll give them a chance." I think that could be also something I could add to my list, what do you think?

Comment

Oh wait, LOWER sens? O_o That's not something I'd recommend..

Comment

I wouldn't recommend this as well. So does now anybody have an idea how much hp a Translocator disc has and if I should add "Give other's a chance when they are worse than you" to the "how to behave well"-tips?

BTW looks like someone voted with 1* LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ctr2yellowbird View Post
            Mouse tweaks to help with 1:1 consistancy...

Disable Windows Mouse Acceleration:

Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options > untick "Enhance Pointer Precision"

Also, center your pointer speed. Apparently, only centered pointer speed has no positive or negative acceleration.

Disable UT3's Mouse Smoothing:

This can be done in-game or in the UTInput.ini file. For in-game, Settings > Input > untick "Mouse Smoothing".

Disable UT3's Mouse Acceleration:

This can only be done by editing the UTInput.ini file, which is found under C:\[...]Users\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config (Vista). Open UTInput.ini with Notepad and perform the following tweaks (replace original values) in the designated sections:

Code:
            [Engine.PlayerInput] 
            LookRightScale=0.000000 
            LookUpScale=0.000000 
            bEnableMouseSmoothing=False 
            Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) 
            Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) 
            Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) 
            Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) 
            Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) 
            Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=+40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
            Code:
            [UTGame.UTPlayerInput]
            LookRightScale=0.000000 
            LookUpScale=0.000000 
            Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) 
            Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) 
            Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) 
            Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) 
            Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) 
            Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=+40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
            Adjusting mouse sensitivity...

In-game, Settings > Input > Mouse Sensitivity

You will want to fine tune this; however, there is no magic setting that everyone will find comfortable. You can't just use someone else's mouse DPI setting and in-game mouse sensitivity and aim just as well as they do. Ideally, you will want enough speed to quickly turn around to deal with attacks from behind, but you also want enough precision to drag your crosshair over a target without overshooting it or straining your hand too much just to keep your crosshair on target.

Players usually recommend a "low sensitivity", definitely under 500 but sometimes as low as 75 or the absolute minimum. My rule of thumb is to set my dpi such that I must move my mouse across my mouse pad to do a full 360, and then fine tune after a few games to suit my playing style. A rule of thumb for aiming is to use your whole arm to move your mouse, not just twitching your hand, to acquire a target or scan. If it matters for the sake of reference, I am comfortable with my Razer Lachesis (3G Laser) set to 1000 DPI with an in-game sensitivity of 400 on a dirty paper mouse pad...

Sound tweaks...

In the UTEngine.ini file (same location as UTInput.ini and other ini files), search "soundgroups" to find the [Engine.AudioDevice] section. Here you can tweak UT3's sound properties with greater precision than the in-game Sound menu. Note, a value of "1.0" would be equal to "10" in the in-game Sound menu.

I recommend tweaking the "Character" and "Item" properties above the in-game max. Tweaking Character affects all player sounds, including your own, such as footsteps and grunting from jumping, landing, or being shoot. Tweaking Item affects the sound effects generated from a player picking any item up such as your opponent grabbing the Shield Belt on the other side of the map, and I believe also the sound of lifts and jump pads (???).

Remove FPS limits *your monitor may exhibit tearing*...

Disable V-Sync:

In-game, Settings > Video > Advanced > untick "Enable V-Sync"

Disable Framerate Smoothing:

In-game, Settings > Video > Advanced > untick "Framerate Smoothing"

Other simple graphic tweaks...

In-game, Settings > Video > Advanced > untick "Motion Blur"
            In-game, Settings > Video > Advanced > untick "Enable Bloom and Depth of Field" (helps with visibility in many maps)
            In-game, Settings > Video > Advanced > "Disable One Frame Thread Lag"... this option is strange. Experiment with it on and off. If you do not feel a difference in your responsiveness, then select the option that yields greater FPS. I have this unticked.

Check ping and FPS in-game...

FPS = open the console (F10) > type "statfps". Repeat to remove the FPS marker.
            Ping = hit F6 (default) or type "statnet" in the console and repeat to remove ping information.

Some notes on UT3's ping...

The "Ping", "In Loss", and "Out Loss" is the most important ping information. Generally speaking, a ping of 80 or less is considered desirable in UT3. "In Loss" and "Out Loss" shows your packet loss, which you want to be 0 at all times. If you have any packet loss at all, then the server may not register your actions or your display might lose occasional "clumps" of frames, causing your game to "skip" thus disorienting you.

There's a few others, but this is good for now. I guess I too would like this info stickied, probably in a new thread, because I tend to repeat this "insider" info. If such a thread is made, just quote this post and leave out this last paragraph.
            ghjgdhfkfghk

Comment

As i mentioned in other threads in the past : lower mouse sense helps in many ways. Sly was right correcting me . Count your 360 turn and how many cm its taking you to do it . 20++cm or more its good imo.

Still .... what i really like about low sens is that you have to move all the times. High sens gives a false sens of speed n movement even if you walk in a straight line. Low sens forces you to move and move at all times its a must for ut. Move to shoot , move to look around = keep in constant movement. Low sens helps with this habit imo .

Btw a decent mouse and mouse pad should be a plus to any fps player so i'd say add it to the list.

Comment

Done I mentioned that you should have a good mouse pad and a good mouse as well and that every player should configure the controls so that he/she can play best with it. I also mentioned a advantage and a disadvantage so that a player can decide easier which settings he/she wants to use.

Comment

Okay, added:
                  c while in vehicle (Scorpion, 'bender, SPMA)= hand brake

Now there's still the question left how much hp a Translocator disc has.

EDIT: PS: @yellowbird: What you posted can be all found in the tweak guide A link is in the first post in additional gameplay tips. That should help to have better perfomance but still a nice look and this will satisfy you but won't affect your gameplay if tweaked correctly.

Comment

You can lock with the avril the spma camera . When the avril reaches it (you still have to be locked on it , you get the msg "spma target acquired" and the avril changes course to hit the spma even if its not on your FOV.

PS. After you get the msg you dont have to keep the avril locked.

Comment

Wow! I didn't know that. Seems to be a new feature. In 2k4 it wasn't possible. Okay, will add to the list. Thanks

EDIT: Added.

Comment

Updated the "behavior" part. Some things (like spawnkilling) are only concerning some servers.

Comment

OP is hilarious. Since when is killing the enemy unfair play.

Comment

I never wrote this I'm talking about spawnkilling. It's all about giving the enemy a chance. There is a tip displayed (sometimes) while loading a map:
                            Practise good sportsmanship. You were a n00b once too.
                            There is a reason why this tip is displayed. If you spawnkill people, you don't give the enemy a chance and that's the opposite of sportsmanship
                            And btw, there is a section in the list called "personal opinions". There's a reason why it's called like that. I am one of those who think that basecamping, flagcamping and spawnkilling are unpolite and that you don't give the enemy a chance (referring to quote).

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                              I never wrote this I'm talking about spawnkilling. It's all about giving the enemy a chance. There is a tip displayed (sometimes) while loading a map:

There is a reason why this tip is displayed. If you spawnkill people, you don't give the enemy a chance and that's the opposite of sportsmanship
                              And btw, there is a section in the list called "personal opinions". There's a reason why it's called like that. I am one of those who think that basecamping, flagcamping and spawnkilling are unpolite and that you don't give the enemy a chance (referring to quote).
                              Both players have equal chance when the game begins. Whatever happens afterwards is up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by jomi294 View Post
                                Both players have equal chance when the game begins.
                                lmfao

10chars

Comment

Working...
                                X