Patches & Expansion Packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patches & Expansion Packs

This goes out to the guys at Epic Games. and i just got UT3 and i found the patches and titan pack and stuff so i was wondering if you are planning any more exspansion packs in the future?

No, they gave up on UT3 and shelved the Unreal series indefinitely.

Comment

Welcome to the UT3 community!

Yes, HideInLight is right. They abandoned UT3. There will be no patches anymore. The community has to do these things (like mappacks) now.

But did they really "shelve" UT/U games? Might be that there won't be any Unreal games, neither Unreal 3 nor an UT4 :/ (I hope there will be a new one but I'm very sceptical )

BTW you are playing on the Multiplay.co.uk Suspense Only servers, don't you? Saw you last time playing there. You're not bad

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
        There will be no patches anymore. The community has to do these things (like mappacks) now.
        A good chuck of the UT3 community went to UDK so don't expect much left for UT3.

Comment

That sucks, i just got the game from a friend and have been playing for like a week straight

Comment

If we are lucky, new unreal could come after they have finnished Gears of war series.

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
              No, they gave up on UT3 and shelved the Unreal series indefinitely.
              No, I had read that they say that there is possibility for new UT but not sure when it comes, maybe few years or 5 years or 10 years......

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMadDeath View Post
                No, I had read that they say that there is possibility for new UT but not sure when it comes, maybe few years or 5 years or 10 years......
                He said "indefinitely"
                adj.
                Not definite, especially:
                a. Unclear; vague.
                b. Lacking precise limits: an indefinite leave of absence.
                c. Uncertain; undecided: indefinite about their plans.

Comment

Don't mix Unreal and UT

You said there is a possibility that there will be a new Unreal but do you think it will have Multiplayer? Unreal 2 didn't have multiplayer support like Unreal 1 had. And BTW that wouldn't be the same as UT because Unreal is a single player oriented game and I think we want a new UT as well. For me it looks like the Tournament series died I don't know what's with Unreal, if there will be a new part but I doubt it as well.
                  And for some reasons players start to abandon the game. Servers get more and more empty and it looks like we (and some others like coolcat, bli!tz etc.) are the only active community members left here. That isn't a big number IMO.

If there would be a possibility to spark interest in this game but tbh I have NO IDEA what we could do...

Comment

There is no real need for any more patches, the game is working fine as is.

As for maps well the mapping community is still at it, take a look at the User maps and mods section and google UT3 maps you'll find plenty of great stuff.

You might want to take a look here as well, if you don't already have them!

Comment

I know the CBPs and I've seen many maps on the User Maps & Mods section
                      But I doubt that "there is no real need for any more patches". There are some bugs which can be very annoying tbh such as dissapearing projectiles or the demo guy bug which makes custom characters senseless. :/

Comment

Working...
                      X