US Epic PC servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LobotiCasta+ion View Post
    This same thing could be said for Xbox Live.....
    AND on the PS3! ... I know of a couple of 'trouble makers' out there (who just join a game to start and argument)... but banning people in the PS3 community is useless, as anyone can have multiple accounts... and S0ny don't seem to do anything regarding abusive members. *sighs*... lol

Comment

I wish spawnkilling was a ban offence but it's not. To be honest there always should of been some sort auto turret system at the cores that only deactivates when the enemy has your prime..

Back on topic!
      Have you considered giving some well known/respected community members admin rights for the US Epic server? Does the server have any way of alerting admins from in game? For example on the MPUK servers if you say "!admin" it will alert them in IRC or something. Not sure if it'd be worth setting such a system up if it requires any real work though, not with the current population

Comment

Benfica, you have that correct! LOL

Azure, the problem is EVERYONE thinks they should have admin rights and when we have done anything in the past it has not worked out. There seem to be two distinct "sides" on the servers and not a lot of people left who haven't chosen one.

I am always keeping an eye out though for such assistance.

Comment

Regarding Spawn-Killing:

I'm of the opinion that being spawn-killed is a result of poor team performance. ("What, nobody took out the Darkwalker before it came to our base? You guys suck!")

As such, I am a firm believer of fail=punishment in Unreal Tournament. Even if it seems totally lame if you get spawn killed over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
            Regarding Spawn-Killing:

I'm of the opinion that being spawn-killed is a result of poor team performance. ("What, nobody took out the Darkwalker before it came to our base? You guys suck!")

As such, I am a firm believer of fail=punishment in Unreal Tournament. Even if it seems totally lame if you get spawn killed over and over.
            So a decent player should be punished and be spawn killed a few dozen times because his team mates are idiotic? Also don't forget maps like Torlan with the SPMA's or whatever they're called. Plus maps like Cold Harbour which turn into titan-spawnkilling fests within minutes (though that's titans for you). Also a darkwalker isn't really a problem, Tanks are more of a prob. SPMA's wouldn't be a problem if people used the manta's to take them out but, iirc it's rare any one does.
            Unreal ONS/Warfare, to me, shouldn't be about sitting at the enemy core blowing up vehicles and people as they spawn while you don't even have the centre node.

I can kill spawn killers. It's not too hard. But it's not even remotely fun and that's what we play this game for right

And now I've gone waaaay off topic

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
              There will never be bans for spawnkilling and I won't get into the discussion again either.
              I didn't realise there ever had been a discussion....As far as I know it was decided to allow spawnkilling because otherwise a few retards would leave the game.

GG epic.

Comment

just deny the spawn killers the joy of spawn killing by quit and wait till next round or switch server.

Comment

That's not a solution.

Comment

how is that not and your suggestion is?

Comment

Please take the discussion to another thread guys. Thanks!

Comment

Blizzard have the answer..
                        We're all going to have to play and use the forums via our real names in future!
                        http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/10543100.stm

So now all those dorky trolls that call themselves things like "UltraMegaNoobSlayerProLulz" will actually be revealed as something like "Jonny junior Spitbottom"
                        And then we can track them down easier and send them hate mail containing cat poop, and other such beastly unpleasantries.
                        I can picture it now..

"Mommy!! Someone threw half a house brick through my window, with a note around it that said 'Spawn kill me again, and you & your herd of Romanian pixie Orks gets the other half of this house brick. TO THE HEAD!!'"

Revenge on a whole new level! EXCELLENT!!

Pop™

Comment

Flak: What is the threshold for a kick vote on the servers? There was a very irritating player on Greed #1 spamming and sabotaging his team that had like 10 kick votes but was not kicked.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                            Also, if someone is causing you problems on the servers or harassing you, please send me a PM.
                            Flak has ALWAYS been responsive to my PMs about players either going overboard with racist remarks or people that are sucking the fun out of the game for everyone else (Botters, Team saboteurs, etc.) When in game with a person that *should* be reported, I always fire a warning shot to them that they should settle down and try to enjoy it like everyone else playing. Gives them a chance to shut their trap and play, and if they continue then I do shoot a PM off to a certain person. But I think people should have the chance to right their way and fly straight, otherwise, ban 'em! Besides, they'll scare off any new users quickly with those types of attitudes.

I think it would be helpful for some level headed people to help out with the admin duties, I can see where that's a slippery slope. I for one would be happy to help out, but I think there should be a rigorous screening for people that have kick / ban capability. Maybe even have a requirement where they report back to you for anyone they've banned?

And stop whining about spwan killers, if you've got a semi-skilled player on your team they should be able to take them out with little problem. Rarely is it that someone with considerable skill resorts to spawn killing, so they should be fairly easy to take out. And if your team makes an effort to hunt them down, they'll stop that behavior fast enough.

Botters and cheaters are a little more detrimental to the overall experience in my opinion. (And people calling others racial slurs can't be solved by hunting them down over and over)

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Die View Post
                              Flak: What is the threshold for a kick vote on the servers? There was a very irritating player on Greed #1 spamming and sabotaging his team that had like 10 kick votes but was not kicked.
                              Normally the threshold is 51% of players, so more then half have to vote to have someone kicked.

Comment

I think I wrote it here somewhere, the threshold for kicking a player should be lowered to around 30% (maybe even lower in fully populated servers) since most people on the server don't even know how to kick someone. Than half of the people don't even care, or half of the people don't read in-game text, quarter of the people don't speak English... you get the picture. 51% is way too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X