X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by mrtek View Post
    This.
    I'm fine with custom maps as long as there aren't every weapon and every amps everywhere.

I think I played UT99 a while ago (offline for fun) when I was younger and didnt know much about playing online and the competitive community
    Anyway I started a year ago to play FPS with UT3 on the PS3... I mean playing a lot online. And I got this new computer a week ago!

EDIT: There are a lot of custom maps but wich one are the most used by the community? Maybe a pack?
    Lot's of map packs. The HOLP is one of them and the community packs. Many more maps out there as well.

The community packs, 4 of them big map packs.
    http://cbp.beyondunreal.com/

This post by JD had the link for the HOLP. They have it loaded on the fragbu server.
    http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=192848

No spam maps in those packs. The HOLP has maps styles like the older UT had.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Look for the UT3 HOLP map packs... I think there are 3 of them. Not all of their maps are played much online, but they're all high quality, and several are quintessential duel maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by shombowhore View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was talking about the terrible ones in the first place, ie. "those custom maps with every weapon and amps everywhere."
    This.
    I'm fine with custom maps as long as there aren't every weapon and every amps everywhere.

I think I played UT99 a while ago (offline for fun) when I was younger and didnt know much about playing online and the competitive community
    Anyway I started a year ago to play FPS with UT3 on the PS3... I mean playing a lot online. And I got this new computer a week ago!

EDIT: There are a lot of custom maps but wich one are the most used by the community? Maybe a pack?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mrtek View Post
    As I said I do not like much those custom maps with every weapon and amps everywhere since most of the time the best weapon with U damage + berserk is the stinger... and guess what thats what everyone are using.. so it is kind of boring.

The fact is that there are a lot of player playing those maps but they would get owned in regular maps. Trust me.

@JohnDoe641 : Thanks dude!
    Of course they are not regular DM maps. Weapons, ammo, and pickups are everywhere, so no real need to even know the map or even locations of pickups, takes that whole part out of it. They are mostly wide open maps, like vCTF or WAR with not many close or tight areas.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    But it has infinite Translocator ammo and it has Assault (unlike UT2003 and UT3 )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT99 doesn't have double jump.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Each to his own Personally I like all UT's but UT3 is the only one where I'm really mad about the bugs. Sometimes it's just annoying. Except of these things it's a great game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sly. View Post
    If you want (Note: I do that only because you're waiting for such a person).

Play UT99 instead. It's way better than UT3 It hasn't that many bugs and it's the first UT.
    Conclusion: It IS THE REAL UT. BTW: There are still people playing UT99. (More than UT3 I think)
    I was actually referring to a member who is constantly bashing ut3 but still comes to these forums
    Personally I dislike the other two ut's myself. Weapons feel like nerf guns, ut99 "feels" slower (I always play on servers with dodge jump mutator in ut3) and ut04 feels too floaty and everything but LG, shock and Flak seems to be useless, at least in TAM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mrtek, first and foremost, have fun. and then take not that these guys are all pretty pasionate about this whole UT in general thing, and then the varying degrees of appreciation/angst in comparing all things UT related (2k4 vs ut3 vs ut etc). the whole series/franchise is great, so after that, enjoythe custom maps, and stuff you like. if you kind of need a break take one, or try another gametype. i'm a vctf mostly guy, cause i love the vehicular mayhem. but if you like greed, it might take you into some good old ctf goodness as well. dig around these forums, and take a look over in the maps and mods thread for awesomeness.

did i mention have fun?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
    As far as I'm aware, a lot of duellers play on custom maps. I play a few good custom maps along with stockmaps in BattleTeamArena, every one plays about the same no matter if the map is custom or not

It's down to the quality of the individual custom map. Some are really good, some are a just terrible.
    I'm pretty sure he was talking about the terrible ones in the first place, ie. "those custom maps with every weapon and amps everywhere."

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
    /me waits for a certain someone to tell the mrtek that ut99 is better and he should play that instead

If you want (Note: I do that only because you're waiting for such a person).

Play UT99 instead. It's way better than UT3 It hasn't that many bugs and it's the first UT.
    Conclusion: It IS THE REAL UT. BTW: There are still people playing UT99. (More than UT3 I think)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    /me waits for a certain someone to tell the mrtek that ut99 is better and he should play that instead

The fact is that there are a lot of player playing those maps but they would get owned in regular maps. Trust me.
    As far as I'm aware, a lot of duellers play on custom maps. I play a few good custom maps along with stockmaps in BattleTeamArena, every one plays about the same no matter if the map is custom or not
    It's down to the quality of the individual custom map. Some are really good, some are a just terrible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
    Friday nights are usually pretty good for online action. (that's tonight) Late night gets even better sometimes.

The GDawwg DM server has the weapons and amps everywhere in those custom maps. It's loads of fun and has wicked fast redirect. Those are meat grinder maps, good for practice, training, and warmup. Plus, there are usually some very good and experienced players in the mix as well.

If you see BTA under TDM (it's like TAM), give it a try, you never know till you do.
    As I said I do not like much those custom maps with every weapon and amps everywhere since most of the time the best weapon with U damage + berserk is the stinger... and guess what thats what everyone are using.. so it is kind of boring.

@JohnDoe641 : Thanks dude!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Friday nights are usually pretty good for online action. (that's tonight) Late night gets even better sometimes.

The GDawwg DM server has the weapons and amps everywhere in those custom maps. It's loads of fun and has wicked fast redirect. Those are meat grinder maps, good for practice, training, and warmup. Plus, there are usually some very good and experienced players in the mix as well.

If you see BTA under TDM (it's like TAM), give it a try, you never know till you do.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you're looking for CTF then stop on by the BeyondUnreal forums and register there and play at FragBU. All the info is here: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=192848

Leave a comment:

Working...
X