URGENT: Please fix the controls on both 360 and PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT: Please fix the controls on both 360 and PS3

The game was released on July 2008 and still wasn't updated. Here are the two issues that prevent many of us from playing your game on console (I have all 3 versions).
    - Aiming
    - Auto-Aim cannot be turned OFF

Why does the aiming is terrible on both 360 and PS3?
    The Turn Acceleration only affect the "X axis", but should instead both the X & Y axis equally.

The Sensitivity only affects the Y axis, but should instead affect the X & Y axis equally.

Otherwise, those controls are freaking broken from the start and how did it pass the QA?

Why is the auto-aim a HUGE problem?
    Actually, if we could turn it off when desired, it would not be a problem. It is a problem, because there is no option to turn it off and it prevents a player from performing combos properly (especially the shock rifle), because to aim tends to stick on other players all the time and across the map.

I don't care if you (as developers) are terrible at aiming with a Game Controller, but it's not a problem for everybody playing your games. An option to entirely turn off the auto-aim should be added to the console version.

Please do not abandon that franchise on the 360

You are a bit late on complaining about that. I remember telling ppl that there was aim assist at all early on and some ppl denied that there was any assistance at all .

Just spam Flak,Mini, and Rockets wit those extra large hitboxes it doesn't matter, ppl can't dodge well on the console versions anyway.

Overall the PC version feels like a console port and the Console version feels like a PC port, neither feel polished and both have issues.

Comment

URGENT: Please get the real UT3 instead of some crippled console version.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
        URGENT: Please get the real UT3 instead of some crippled console version.
        10characters

Comment

if the game was ever to get updated again those are the things i would like fixed too

Comment

...there are many excellent console players and none of them complain.

auto aiming? you mean look centering? that CAN be turned off in the options. turn acceleration can be changed too.

On the PS3 use a mouse if it bothers you that much.

I must admit shock combos ARE easier to hit on the PC version, but then jumping IS harder on the PC version compared to the PS3 (ie double jumping to a wall jump)...

BUT ultimately in ALL instances, practice makes perfect... if you don't put in the time you'll never fully master anything.

Comment

Epic abandoned this game long ago. Nothing will be fixed or updated.

Comment

Originally posted by ffrr View Post
                auto aiming? you mean look centering? that CAN be turned off in the options. turn acceleration can be changed too.
                Like I said, there is still Console players that reject the notion this is any aim assistance/magnetism at all. It is also on the mouse controls so don't bother mentioning that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5qWasSYpoE <- wow was it really 2 years ago that I posted this video.

I must admit shock combos ARE easier to hit on the PC version, but then jumping IS harder on the PC version compared to the PS3 (ie double jumping to a wall jump)...
                Jumping and dodging on PC is allot easier, its really gimped on the PS3, easy trick-jumps are nearly imposable with the console control scheme. Also until the the titan patch if I remember keyboard players couldn't dodge AT ALL, then it was "fixed" with a dodge that is more like the console gimpy controls than the actual PC controls that been a proven method for over 10 years.

Comment

Can someone test this mutator out on the PS3
                  Want to see what happens if you try to replace the replace the console controls with that of the pc. No idea if it'll even work. Just try dodging via keyboard with double tap and see if the mouse acts the same.
                  http://www.sendspace.com/file/b2414w

Not even sure if I cooked it properly. HAven't made a PS3 mutator in ages.

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                    Want to see what happens if you try to replace the replace the console controls with that of the pc. No idea if it'll even work. Just try dodging via keyboard with double tap and see if the mouse acts the same.

It's nice to see someone trying to fix the problem instead of whining about it.

Respect!

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post

Downloaded and tested the mutator
                      It appears to not do anything at all, dodging is still the same as before (arrow+jump to dodge), Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
                        Downloaded and tested the mutator
                        It appears to not do anything at all, dodging is still the same as before (arrow+jump to dodge), Sorry
                        Dang, was worth a try. Kinda wierd that it does nothing though. Must of overlooked something.

Code:
                        class GamepadTestOne extends UTMutator;

function InitMutator(string Options, out string ErrorMessage)
                        {
                        	Super.InitMutator(Options, ErrorMessage);
                        }

simulated function PostBeginPlay()
                        {
                        	local UTGame Game;
                        	Super.PostBeginPlay();

Game = UTGame( WorldInfo.Game );
                        	if ( Game != None )
                        	{
                        		Game.PlayerControllerClass=Class'UTPlayerController';
                        	}

}
                        UTConsolePlayerController extends UTPlayerController
                        UTConsolePlayerInput extends UTPlayerInput

If the game uses UTConsolePlayerController, it also uses UTConsolePlayerInput (Gamepad)

If the game uses UTPlayerController, it uses the UTPlayerInput (Mouse + Keyboard)

Comment

...there are many excellent console players and none of them complain.

On the PS3 use a mouse if it bothers you that much.

BUT ultimately in ALL instances, practice makes perfect... if you don't put in the time you'll never fully master anything.

hehe ffrr, it's me Twisted_Tek ... Are you playing this on pc too?
                          oh and I played this game on ps3 and like ffrr said there are a lot of player with a really good aim... trust me (and ffrr too ).

Comment

Originally posted by mrtek View Post
                            hehe ffrr, it's me Twisted_Tek ... Are you playing this on pc too?
                            oh and I played this game on ps3 and like ffrr said there are a lot of player with a really good aim... trust me (and ffrr too ).
                            Hi Twisted_Tek! long time no see!

I have played both but really prefer the PS3 to PC (don't really have a great spec pc at the moment)... I still play several times per week!

Comment

what i think the OP means is the hit box size... its just too big on the console.

Comment

Working...
                              X