Flak Cannon Arc does indeed suck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flak Cannon Arc does indeed suck.

Just want to put it out there, everyone who said the arc on the flak cannon secondary sucked was correct.
    If there was ever a case I mentioned it was fine before, I do apologise.

The flak secondary fire is one of my most used weapons in the game, so, may I ask, why does it "suck"?

Comment

It's just different from the previous versions. You get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
        The flak secondary fire is one of my most used weapons in the game, so, may I ask, why does it "suck"?
        People who don't know how to use it complain that the arc is bad, you know, people who try to use secondary up close on people for some reason.

Comment

it's been like 3 years, and i'm just now getting the hang of putting the flak alt or primary for that matter, where i want it for the most part. i've also been popping back and forth between this and 2k4 lately, so i'm that much more aware of it...

Comment

I respectfully disagree!

The Flak Cannon's Secondary is faster than a rocket, and does a lot of damage.

Those who say it "sucks" is simply used to UT2004's flak secondary. There is a reason that UT3's flak ball trajectory was changed, and that is because UT2004's level design is huge compared to the player models. In UT3, the proportions are more correct, so the Flak ball's trajectory HAS to be changed otherwise people would be *****ing about it being overpowered.

Comment

wait, the op is about how the crosshair/trajectory seems off?

Comment

The flak cannon arc is decent. It's not stupid like 2k4's where apparently gravity has an insane affect on flak balls but not people.

Comment

@HideInLight: Disagree.
                  I don't know why that many people complain about the arc of the flak shell. It's perfect in UT3! It's even more true to the UT99 version
                  and I have to say that I have no problems with it although I'm also 2k4-player. You get used to it I got used to it within a month (have been playing the other UT's in that time as well) and can kill players with one shot with the alternative fire now. It's different from person to person but when you play UT3 often enough you'll get used to the different arc of the flak shell.
                  I have to say that the Flak Cannon in UT3 is the best version which was ever made in any of the UT games.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                    @HideInLight: Disagree.
                    I don't know why that many people complain about the arc of the flak shell. It's perfect in UT3! It's even more true to the UT99 version
                    and I have to say that I have no problems with it although I'm also 2k4-player. You get used to it I got used to it within a month (have been playing the other UT's in that time as well) and can kill players with one shot with the alternative fire now. It's different from person to person but when you play UT3 often enough you'll get used to the different arc of the flak shell.
                    I have to say that the Flak Cannon in UT3 is the best version which was ever made in any of the UT games.
                    Within a month, that's the problem, it's counter initiative, I made my own custom flak cannon a while ago, purely based on feeling, it ended up being similiar to the UT2004 so I've been playing with that the past month. Got use to it within the second shot though (less than a minute).

Before that I was used to the stock UT3 version, for the last few days thoughs I tried going back to the stock version.
                    Just can't get use to it anymore, would probably take me a few weeks (or non-stop playing) to readjust. Meaning it's unnatural, it's frustrating, the opposite of fun. It's counter initiative!

I've also been playing UT3 with the gamepad now and again, there it makes slightly more sense, with the bigger hitboxes you just have to aim straight, but where's the fun in that? It's been designed for consoles to aim straight and ported directly as is to PC. That and it feels like your throwing a rock...

Comment

Each weapon are useful in some situation
                      The arc of the grenade make it different than roquet so you've to know when use it and when use roquets

Comment

Working...
                      X