Understanding the Duplicate Login Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I emailed Epic about these issues and they straight up told me they didn't care, I bought the game and any issues I was having could only be because I pirated it. I offered to show them the original dvd and box, book, cd-key, etc, they again said they didn't care and didn't believe me, and when I said ignoring people who give you money is why people decide to pirate software, they banned me and labeled me as a pirate. So I say screw epic.

From now on i will tell everyone i know how to pirate their games so they lose money since they're such dicks to people who pay their salaries.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there such a thing as playing online and it seems only when I'm playing real good and kicking the other teams butt I get disconnected and duplicate login error.The first time
    someone was getting mad at me cause I was beating him so bad. Tonight it did it again and I was playing real good again. It almost seems like it was the same server but I cant be sure. Is there and hack that could cause this. Thant is what I thought it was at first.
    Ao that only twice now. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This probably doesn't help the discussion, but what the hell...

I have forced DLEs in the past with 100% likelihood. Sometimes my game freezes (because it's awesome that way)--probably GPU related--and I go through my personal crash recovery checklist. Right before resigning to a forced system power off, I try to force a hibernate through my keyboard. When the hibernate goes through, which doesn't always happen, I will power my PC back on. When I come out of the hibernate, everything is still running, including UT3 and I'm still "playing" in whatever server I crashed in. I can play like nothing happened for what seems like a little over a minute, and then I get the DLE. Probably not helpful, but there it is.

Just as a general suggestion, try different NIC drivers. When I first installed UT3 on my computer, I could not see any servers but I still had Internet access. I actually switched to an earlier NIC driver, which fixed my problem. Later on I updated to the current driver and have stayed current for as long as I've cared enough to go out and find a newer a driver. Also try complaining to your ISP, 1 in 10 chance that they might do something helpful!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I also just played for ~30 mins without DLE

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BlueCloud View Post
    Do you get the DLE immediately after joining a server? Please give more details.

Check these things:

1) Did you share your login/pass? A friend logging with the same user/pass can result in you getting kicked out with a DLE.

2) Is your network connection stable? Do this in a command window while playing 'ping -t yahoo.com' and see if there are any timeouts when you get a DLE.
    1. No of course not.

2. I looked at the the cmd window for a bit and noticed that every 30-50 continuous pings, a 'request timed out' would appear. I then started the game. No time out occurred while in the game. I played for a whole 1.5 - 2 minutes before DLE, with no timed out requests. Do this means that while in the game, i got less timed out requests than when not in game. ****ing weird.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF i just wanna ****ing play =|

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by coki View Post
    This is bull****.

I bought this game for $50 when it first came out....if i paid $9.99 now at gamestop i wouldnt really care...wait actually i would because i enjoy the game.

Played it for while after i first bought it, stopped for like 1.5/2years, picked up recently and started getting this error. Brand new computer too.
    I then formatted windows and installed UT3, error persisted. So it may be the hardware.

I don't mean it's BS that it happens, since it might be the hardware. I think it's bull**** that Epic Games is ignoring the problem. Could send a ****ing representative to come in and tell us that there's nothing they can do, or that they're doing something about it, etc.

It's like... "Oh who cares, they already bought the game. ignore".

DLE is so frustrating.

Anyways, to help the troubleshooting:

I only get DLE if i join a game. If i log in and dont actually join a server, i don't get DLE.

Also, I contacted gamespy and they blamed Epic, which is why I'm here.
    Do you get the DLE immediately after joining a server? Please give more details.

Check these things:

1) Did you share your login/pass? A friend logging with the same user/pass can result in you getting kicked out with a DLE.

2) Is your network connection stable? Do this in a command window while playing 'ping -t yahoo.com' and see if there are any timeouts when you get a DLE.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ][_, ][][ ][_,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is bull****.

I bought this game for $50 when it first came out....if i paid $9.99 now at gamestop i wouldnt really care...wait actually i would because i enjoy the game.

Played it for while after i first bought it, stopped for like 1.5/2years, picked up recently and started getting this error. Brand new computer too.
    I then formatted windows and installed UT3, error persisted. So it may be the hardware.

I don't mean it's BS that it happens, since it might be the hardware. I think it's bull**** that Epic Games is ignoring the problem. Could send a ****ing representative to come in and tell us that there's nothing they can do, or that they're doing something about it, etc.

It's like... "Oh who cares, they already bought the game. ignore".

DLE is so frustrating.

Anyways, to help the troubleshooting:

I only get DLE if i join a game. If i log in and dont actually join a server, i don't get DLE.

Also, I contacted gamespy and they blamed Epic, which is why I'm here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
    I guess my first post was TLDR, but I was specifically talking about:

This particular version of the DLE is not annoying. It's infuriating, because the players spent $$$ on a multiplayer FPS game that they can't even play online.

Let's keep on-topic here.

Peace,
    -Rhykker
    Ahh yes, sorry. We have noticed some players perhaps have it happen to them more than others. But so far we can do nothing for them
    Without the assistance of Epic on this, nothing is going to change.. I expect it is something thats going to cost money to put right. Money and resources that they'd now prefer to spend on developing newer games..

Pop

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pop! View Post
    It's not an issue at the users end. It's a GameSpy/Epic issue that they don't seem interested in fixing.
    It happens to many of our players on Hedsteem. And usually, it will happen to a bunch of them at the same time. Suddenly, half the players will disappear mid game, then 1 by 1 they come back, and then complain of a duplicate login error.
    But there is nothing we or they can do about it. It can be quite annoying for the players, obviously. But fortunately, it doesn't happen too often. Maybe once or twice a month I notice it.

Pop
    As I said in my post, it can happen due to the gamespy servers going down or their network going down for a few seconds also. This is when a whole bunch of people are mass kicked out with the DLE errors. But usually these are rare.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Might be worth it for those that get it consistently to start a ping in a command window to the gamespy servers. Something like "ping 207.38.11.34 -t" will start a continuous ping to the master gamespy server, and after a disconnect occurs you can check to see how many pings were lost by pressing "CTRL-C" to stop the ping.

Worth a shot to see if it reveals anything with those that consistently get the DLE error. I get it once every few months, but not on a regular basis at all, 40MB comcast cable here for my ISP.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pop! View Post
    It's not an issue at the users end. It's a GameSpy/Epic issue that they don't seem interested in fixing.
    It happens to many of our players on Hedsteem. And usually, it will happen to a bunch of them at the same time. Suddenly, half the players will disappear mid game, then 1 by 1 they come back, and then complain of a duplicate login error.
    But there is nothing we or they can do about it. It can be quite annoying for the players, obviously. But fortunately, it doesn't happen too often. Maybe once or twice a month I notice it.

Pop
    I guess my first post was TLDR, but I was specifically talking about:

For others, the Duplicate Login Error (DLE) is a constant presence that kicks in every few minutes and renders online play impossible. This is the DLE to which I'll be referring.
    This particular version of the DLE is not annoying. It's infuriating, because the players spent $$$ on a multiplayer FPS game that they can't even play online.

Let's keep on-topic here.

Peace,
    -Rhykker

Leave a comment:

• replied

Pop

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i have wired fiber internet and have only had the DLE once in my 2.5 years of ut3. so blueclouds answer sounds right to me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't know if it's still the case but if you loose internet connection for a split second you get the duplicate login error, that's how it was at the beginning anyways.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X