Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Character Modifications and Gamespeed Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Character Modifications and Gamespeed Question.

Hello,

This may have been answered in a separate topic posting, but...

Is there a way to modify the UT3 characters so they are thinner, more
    streamlined, faster looking and more futuristic than the current characters
    that appear to be carrying so much gear on them that it makes them appear
    squished, rotund and just overall turtle looking.

Is there a way to speed up the characters themselves and decrease the
    gravity settings so that when in maps that appear in space, the characters
    look like they are in low G scenarios. Also is there a way to modify the skins?

I want to try and modify the gameplay so it is much faster than it is currently,
    allows for improved aircontrol and so it completely separates itself from being
    a slow game to an action packed ferociously fast game that pushes the
    boundaries of my in-game awareness, movement and aiming capabilities.

Can this be done?

There is a stock mutator for speed iirc.
    There is a stock mutator for gravity too iirc.
    For slimmer characters you can use custom meshes, though the hit boxes will be just as big. (unless you're playing on the xbox, in which case you can't use custom content)
    The dodge_jump mutator will also give you a bit more speed as your dodge will last longer.

Online there isn't anything you can do. Increasing your FOV to 100 will make the game seem a lot faster if you're currently playing, at lets say, 80.

If all else fails try ut04. I've heard ut04 fans claim it's faster. Personally I disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
      There is a stock mutator for speed iirc.
      There is a stock mutator for gravity too iirc.
      For slimmer characters you can use custom meshes, though the hit boxes will be just as big. (unless you're playing on the xbox, in which case you can't use custom content)
      The dodge_jump mutator will also give you a bit more speed as your dodge will last longer.

Online there isn't anything you can do. Increasing your FOV to 100 will make the game seem a lot faster if you're currently playing, at lets say, 80.

If all else fails try ut04. I've heard ut04 fans claim it's faster. Personally I disagree.
      Thanks Azure. I know we can modify the gamespeed, but I want the game speed to remain the same. Thanks for the gravity mod and dodge mod info. That answers at least two things.

What I want to speed up are the characters, but not the gamespeed itself. Weapon speed could use it too, but I mean to really increase each individually. I want he characters themselves to move faster.

I am trying to mod it so that it's more like ut2k4. It actually is much faster than this.

I don't mind the hit boxes being the same size, but also decreasing them would be good too.

Thinner, leaner and more futuristic would be better. I mean, carrying larger heavier gear is like backwards... suit of armor, camalot, inferior iron swords and suits. Futuristic stuff is smaller, lighter and more advanced.

Thank you for your help Azure. Does anyone else have more info than may be helpful.

Comment

Working...
      X