Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9999 Ping, Bug?

[SHOT]http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/6946/42037680.png[/SHOT]

Are these servers broken, I'm assuming they need to be reset or something? Or is there something I'm missing?

They're offline.

Comment

Usually restarts are required on servers that show 9999ping. Or they can be up and working and sometimes just get reported as 9999. Usually though they're a bit broken and require a slap.

Not sure what happened with the MPUK ones, they seem to all be fine now, atleast my end.

Comment

I heard that it's a bug (never tried that method out): Sometimes you have to remove them from your favorite list and then add them again. Then you can join via the favorite list and they get updated in the history.
        But as I said I didn't try that out yet.

EDIT: Yesterday I've just played a round on the "Multiplay vCTF #4: Suspense ONLY"-server and everything was fine. It also didn't appear with a ping of 9999 in my server browser. Try out my method. That might help.

Comment

I was told it was some GameSpy problem that caused it. I couldn't be sure what the actual problem is for sure though. But it seems more common amongst Windows 7 users. Running UT3 as Administrator can often help i'm told

If you are pretty sure the servers are actually online regardless, then you'll find that you can still connect anyway. Give it a go..

Pop™

Comment

network down

No point until the ut3 networks sorted out its not working rightn now it was working yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Pop! View Post
              I was told it was some GameSpy problem that caused it. I couldn't be sure what the actual problem is for sure though. But it seems more common amongst Windows 7 users. Running UT3 as Administrator can often help i'm told

If you are pretty sure the servers are actually online regardless, then you'll find that you can still connect anyway. Give it a go..

Pop™

The above is correct, with Windows 7, right click the icon, then run as admin and they almost always come up, you can usually just click on the server and join it anyways, but most want to know how many are playing before they join. Hence the run as admin method

Comment

Working...
              X