Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Config tweaks to improve UT3 graphic to the max?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Config tweaks to improve UT3 graphic to the max?

I was wondering, are there some config twekas that can improve UT3 even more? (or some kind of texture mod etc)?

I don't know any but if you didn't tweak the game yet you should give it a try:
    UT3 tweak guide
    There are some quite useful tips. Thanks to this I can play UT3 with nice performance on almost high detail (not really high but almost high)

Comment

After removing Bloom and Depth of Field, I always found NHancer or the Nvidia Control Panel to be the best place for better GFX through AA etc.

Check Ultron's thread (http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586697) in the Support Forums - there are a list of tweaks in there for different powered computers etc. and some links etc.

Comment

Could someone explain to me what bloom and depth of field are in regaurds to UT3 specifically.

Comment

bloom makes everything brighter (makes emissive textures come to life as i like to say..)
          try looking at a node/core with it on...then turn it off.. should notice a huge difference.

DOF makes things blurry (distance at which objects become out of focus to player) things like water have post processing with DOF enabled... turn it off and you can see clearly through water.

both look more realistic but not helpful for gameplay...
          TURN THEM OFF!

i only turn them on if i want to take some nice screenshots

Comment

UT3 is a game which scales very nicely when you increase resolution, when it comes to quality increase. If you take massive screenshots using tiledshot command, you can really see how nice it can look at crazy resolutions.

Comment

nHancer lets you add some AA to reduce those nasty jaggies, but it takes a heavy toll on fps. Personally I try to stay above 60fps and remove the distracting blur and bloom for competitive play.

Comment

Working...
              X