Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

"Unreal 1 HD"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now UE4 is upcomming and theoretical remake gotta be still better. how'd you think millions of particles could improve The Classic Unreal?

Comment

• Originally posted by TiMonZa View Post
      now UE4 is upcomming and theoretical remake gotta be still better. how'd you think millions of particles could improve The Classic Unreal?
      Believe me, if I would list ALL of my ideas about that, the list could probably take at least 5 posts to finish.

The Dispersion Pistol's shot wouldn't need separate emitters for the actual projectile, the muzzle flash, and the projectile hitting the wall - And it'll look awesome. All the fire, smoke, water and every other liquid, some very small flying debris from an explosion, the actual explosion, every part of the ASMD's Shock Beam, Shock Ball and the muzzle flashes, surface contact, the ASMD Combo explosion and the steam coming out of the ASMD, all the Tarydium sludge from a GES BioRifle, every bullet bounce, all the environental effects, etc.

So, bottom line: You sure hell CAN improve Unreal 1 with turbulence. Even better - It'll fit with a great deal of Unreal's original premise: Stunning the player with how amazingly realistic the graphics are, and ultimately taking advantage of that among other stuff to strongly immerse the player in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
        The Dispersion Pistol's shot wouldn't need separate emitters for the actual projectile, the muzzle flash, and the projectile hitting the wall - And it'll look awesome. All the fire, smoke, water and every other liquid, some very small flying debris from an explosion, the actual explosion, every part of the ASMD's Shock Beam, Shock Ball and the muzzle flashes, surface contact, the ASMD Combo explosion and the steam coming out of the ASMD, all the Tarydium sludge from a GES BioRifle, every bullet bounce, all the environental effects, etc.
        U gotta be kiddin' me? guess one gonna need somewhat graphpics workstation to run this beauty smooth. imagine an action scene with several kralls and skaarj shooting simultaneously: all those lighting effects, physics and particles. won't FPS rate dorp till a slideshow?

Comment

• Sly I'm still waiting!

Comment

• UT99 remake please!

Comment

• Even tho I don't play Unreal/Unreal Tournament as much as I used to, it would be cool if EPIC remade Unreal 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                I've noticed that many people in our community want to see Unreal 1 remade with all the classic music, same environments and weapons but with updated graphics/in UE3 graphics.
                I thought that it might be possible that if we show that the whole community wants an Unreal 1 remake maybe Epic will make one. Who knows?

That's my aim: Unreal 1 with new graphics that shall give you a (when you've ever played the original Unreal) nostalgic feel but shall scare you even more (like it did back then).
                Imagine you're walking in the ISV-Kran in todays graphics and you hear the scary sounds of Skaarj Pupae in the vents.

I collect signatures to show how many people want this game.

You can vote on the public poll for it or against it (whatever you want).

I hope this will convince Epic to make Unreal HD (but then please don't change gameplay, physics, environments, layout, weapon design or behavior or riddles. Just a simple remake where everything is like in U1 but with new graphics, and please don't change the classic "Unreal"-lettering then, it's probably the coolest logo ever. )

[SHOT]http://hyper.dnsalias.net/infobase/archive/unrealcom/unreal_logo.gif[/SHOT]

PS:
                Just a small explanation what Unreal was (aimed at those who only know UT99):
                Unreal was released in 1998 by Epic Megagames and was Epic's "breakthrough" title and their first 3D game. Based on Unreal's botmatch multiplayer mode, Epic started developing an expansion pack for Unreal to improve the botmatch/multiplayer mode, which was a bit flawed at that time, and this expansion pack turned into a standalone game when Epic Games realized that the huge amount of content in this expansion pack is a whole (new) game in itself. UT is basically an official spin-off of Unreal. Unreal is primary a single player game with very similar/same weapons as those you know from UT. It had a multiplayer mode which UT was based on and it had the same fast-paced gameplay and a great single player with much exploration and surprising events, a mysterious and scary atmosphere and a great presentation (with almost no cutscenes). You should give it a try if you didn't yet. By the way, it has coop, so get some friends to buy it and enjoy a "UT with story" which consists of about 40 huge levels (by huge I mean huge, games nowadays are short), without the expansion pack Return to Na Pali (=RTNP). RTNP has about 20 more!!

Read more about Unreal and UT on Liandri Archives:
                Unreal (1998)
                Unreal Tournament (1999)

Update:
                I'm working on a remake of the first level of Unreal, the Vortex Rikers, for UT3, primary to get a better knowledge of Unreal Engine 3, but also to try to show Epic that it is indeed possible to remake the game with the same style and get people to relive the past.
                It will most likely be a remake of the first five (or four if you merge the Rrajigar Mines) levels, maybe I'll even remake the whole game, if I will have enough motivation and enough support. At the moment I only intend to work until the level "Sacred Passage" and see if I will continue with it or pass it on to a trusted person who will work on it or just let the community do the rest. It mostly depends on my motivation.

If you want to see pictures of my remake and follow its progress, visit this thread at UOF or this thread at Old Unreal.
                Good job man! I hope Epic will listen to it's customers. Unreal 1 was the first pc game I bought and I love it, more than 10yrs later why haven't they make a remake?

Comment

• Are you going to use the krall skins from UT3?

Comment

• To be clear, I think this is a great project/cool idea, HOWEVER...

Are you saying you'd rather play an UNREAL 1 HD over a Unreal Tournament 4 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ever/ast View Post
                      To be clear, I think this is a great project/cool idea, HOWEVER...

Are you saying you'd rather play an UNREAL 1 HD over a Unreal Tournament 4 ?
                      Well Unreal 1 was more of exploration, action/adventure and long SP, I think UT4 can wait.

Comment

• Tactical bump. So, Epic, now when you know that Microsoft remastered all Halo games what are you going to do with your own franchise? Even if all current ideas about Unreal 3 don't seem to be cool enough to satisfy your ambitions about its potential epicness, ain't it teasing to show how skillful you can be to do a better, far better remake? IMO Unreal, RTNP and ONP are most deserving to show all the power of UE4. With both single campaign and multiplayer.

Comment

• Yes!

and..
                          I would love to see this. Especially recreated in the U3 or U4 even.

Such good memories. I even have a coop server running right now! on Unreal Gold listed as Alabama CoOp.

I will say that UT99 does have my heart. The oldschool modz rock but alas I loaded UG. I have avoided ut and ut2k4 even thought most people probably still play those. I may have to load them up soon and start another server for them haha. I think 5v5 IG CTF- Maelstrom 99 is right up there with staying up all night beating unreal and smashing the Queen for me. The proving grounds and ogl was fun back in the day!

The original unreal and UT 3 engines are what I am playing on currently.

Comment

• As far as progress goes on, it's better to speak about Unreal UHD If remade on UE4, Unreal would have following features:
                            >Seamlessness. Na Pali is an uncharted planet, one to explore. Playing as 849 or any other surviver gamer can follow the plot and/or go anywhere he likes. Hand-made keypoint locations are organically integrated into the procedure world.
                            >Realistic daytime change. Imagine all that variety of sky panoramas based on two-sun lighting, dynamic weather and uncnown, strange yet beautiful atmospheric phenomena of flying islands and other effects of tarydium.
                            >Lots of living things. Do you really believe that fauna of Na Pali counts but a dozen species? Ha! Now we can see more like SPORE variety with unique AI.
                            >Concerning AI, it becomes really adaptive. So no more classic tactics on each kind of enemy. Every scaarj can learn according to your way of acting in a battle, the longer you fight him the more clever he is.
                            >Terramorphing. Once you have weapon powerful enough you can break walls. But beware of being buried under a pile of rocks!
                            >And many other stuff only Unreal can suggest.

Comment

• BTW, are there any unreal artworks on UE4?

Comment

Working...
                              X