Ripper & Loading 6 Missile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripper & Loading 6 Missile?

Does anybody know why they removed the Ripper (Which was the coolest gun in game history) and made it so you can only load 3 missiles in rocket launcher instead of 6 which worked better IMO? Of course this isn't the first unreal to do so but I was just wondering why they did it in the first place.

totally agreed!, but as rocket effective way to play, i actually only charge only 2-3 anyways, it's more of the rocket nade that i am very much ****** off at, now that you bring it up, I think it'll be cool to have ripper, (i think i talked about with someone else in the forum before... getting rid of ripper is bad, it's a bounce attack weapon, and it is a VERY COOL HEAD SHOT WEAPON! I think if bounce 5-6 time is too cheap for player's taste, try just bounce 2-1 time, and even if not bounce, try to let it stick to ground as trap, (but that overlaps with bio...)... i think bounce once is cool, for behind cover kill, and head shot, but the REAL REASON why i think this weapon is important is that ripper IS the insta rocket!!! many debated, so EPIC decided to drop the grenade for RL, and put in a insta function. but with ripper, you can HAVE INSTA ROCKET, secondary is a "more push, slight less damage, faster shoot rate- rocket disc" which IS the missing link to the Quakers, and we can then retain our grenade/rocket/charge/spread/cluster/seeking gun!! as to 6 shots at once... i too think it's bit excessive, but i think if it's 4, it's ok, because it DOES spread wide, and damage of a cluster in that magnitude IS MAAAD, but it's after all, 4 ammo lost, 5and6, spread would be TOO whide, and some what skill less for a flat map easy kill, and logging 6 grenade is just crazy!~ I'd say 4 bouncy is mad enough... 3 IS effecient, but there is just not enough carnage, 4 is actually about right... anyhow, yeh that's my take on these two weapons... see... insta RL solved, Ripper, not skill-less, rocket, not too cheap, and grenades, not too stupid... if anything else, i think we should change link gun to electric gun that shoots plasma balls and lighting statics, for plasma balls should travel much slower but damage mad like UT2K3, for a different taste of weapon, because currently, link prime is too much similar to mini-gun... straight, leaner rapid low damage, we need a slow/big damage weapon, as to linking, it's fine the way it is.. I ACTUALLY LIKE THE NEW SNIPER!! much better than "puffing rifle" from 2K4! and I love how deadly duel postal feels!

Comment

Originally posted by host View Post
      Does anybody know why they removed the Ripper (Which was the coolest gun in game history) and made it so you can only load 3 missiles in rocket launcher instead of 6 which worked better IMO? Of course this isn't the first unreal to do so but I was just wondering why they did it in the first place.
      Short answer: Rocket launcher is more balanced. IDK about the Ripper, though. Never seen it.

Comment

6 would be completely stupid to be honest. If some one has a shield belt and and 100 armour you only need to shoot them twice. Mega health+Belt, 3 rockets.... 3 Rockets is over kill as it is. 600 damage? A bit over the top. Loading up rockets is over rated anyway.

iirc rockets start to load up faster in ut3 than in ut99 too.

Comment

3 rockets is 300 damage. If they're all a direct hit.

A single rocket being 100 dmg.

You really don't need 6.

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
            6 would be completely stupid to be honest. If some one has a shield belt and and 100 armour you only need to shoot them twice. Mega health+Belt, 3 rockets.... 3 Rockets is over kill as it is. 600 damage? A bit over the top. Loading up rockets is over rated anyway.

iirc rockets start to load up faster in ut3 than in ut99 too.
            it's not so much the damage count, it's the spread, and the blast radius that i am talking about when i say 4...

Comment

6 rockets would have insane power and blast radius... Why not play with deemer and call it a day? Learn to aim and even only one rocket will be enough. IMO, ripper is spam weapon, and we have flak. So there's really no need for another weapon. UT3 has the best weapon balance of all UT games (bio is really only unbalanced weapon, and enforcer is fixed to 16damage with nerforcer mut (used for competitive matches)).

Comment

here is the ripper for ut3
                http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=179397

Comment

Originally posted by FioPro View Post
                  6 rockets would have insane power and blast radius... Why not play with deemer and call it a day? Learn to aim and even only one rocket will be enough. IMO, ripper is spam weapon, and we have flak. So there's really no need for another weapon. UT3 has the best weapon balance of all UT games (bio is really only unbalanced weapon, and enforcer is fixed to 16damage with nerforcer mut (used for competitive matches)).
                  Why would you nerf the enforcer? :/

Comment

Because high skilled matches turn into enforcer tournaments

Comment

I like the fact, that all weapons have about the same power, unlike in other games where you always run for the strongest weapon

Comment

Originally posted by Sp4der View Post
                        I like the fact, that all weapons have about the same power, unlike in other games where you always run for the strongest weapon
                        balancing in UT is one of the best feature! no weapon is "BETTER" even redeemer has it's flaw...(being dangerous to user, It's slow, and easy to intercept). UT's key feature is the fact that all weapons' functions are different, which makes up a nice variety of game play style, one would choose to use one weapon for not because it's better,; but one would choose a weapon because it's the player's style! (Confucius says: "killing is an art"; no he didn't)

Comment

Originally posted by host View Post
                          I think all of these changes happened in UT 2003, at least the Rocket Launcher got messed in UT 2003. I'm not sure if the Ripper was removed in UT 2003 or UT 2004. However, the Ripper has been modded back in for UT 2004. You'll never see it no most maps but it is in the popular Invasion Monster Hunt RPG game.

Comment

6 Rockets was never a problem in UT99 and that was the most popular UT of them all.

Comment

I believe the reasoning for ditching the Ripper in the 2kx days was two-fold.
                              A: it was believed that the complex static meshes would make it too hard to bounce the blades effectively.
                              B: 2kx tried to take the spammy fun of UT and make it require careful aim and precision, hence the hitscan dominance, and the removal of the Ripper which had gotten a reputation of being spammy.

I can't say I agree with either of those, but that's the reasoning I've heard.

Just another reason why UC2 is one of the best Unreal games yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X