Ut3 In linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ut3 In linux

Okay so hopefully the native version comes out sooner or later but for the meantime i still got it running

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJkFyzTPxOE

Enjoy!!

wow omfg you got ut3 running at linux
    its shocking pll have not try that before

Comment

wow i thought people tried but couldnt get it to work on linux. new players??? hopefully

Comment

A small guide on how to do it would be nice. Im not interested but others would be .

Comment

This is intriguing. As Drunk said, a guide would be nice. And as cdiddy said "NEW PLAYERS HOPEFULLY"....

Comment

Originally posted by Masaai_Warrior View Post
            This is intriguing. As Drunk said, a guide would be nice. And as cdiddy said "NEW PLAYERS HOPEFULLY"....
            Doubt it, if there's one thing I learned from multiplayer pc gaming, people don't like the effort involved to get the game running. They'd rather just play something else.

Comment

Does it work for online multiplayer? Can you join a server?

Comment

ut3

I actually say how i install it, But yeah i might make a guide as many Linux users would be interested, Plus i have not tried multiplayer so will have to install the game again since i reinstalled computer the other day and have not installed every game again!

Comment

ut3 linux

Originally posted by DrUnKenSTeiN View Post
                  A small guide on how to do it would be nice. Im not interested but others would be .
                  Okay a few wine versions ago this would not work straight away so i had to install through playonlinux using wine version 1.1.35, BUT i installed it today on wine 1.2rc3 and the game installs and runs brilliant!!! apart from you still have to use mousewarpoveride but who it does not matter since there is not loads of fussing about

EDIT: I have just tested patching to the latest version and it works perfect and online also works!!!!!!

Comment

wow now some ppl that have linux can play ut3 too
                    can you make a guide how too in stall it on linux and what program too use

Comment

ut3

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
                      wow now some ppl that have linux can play ut3 too
                      can you make a guide how too in stall it on linux and what program too use
                      Well okay then, Its pretty straight forward but i may as well

Comment

Originally posted by jakejw93 View Post
                        Well okay then, Its pretty straight forward but i may as well
                        probably make one sometime today if i get chance

Comment

Good Job jakejw93, you've made alot of UT3 fans happy. How long did that take you to figure out anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Ga-Reef View Post
                            Good Job jakejw93, you've made alot of UT3 fans happy. How long did that take you to figure out anyway?
                            First time i installed it (during the video gameplay) it took 2 installations, One with wine and the other with playonlinux, the playonlinux one being successful where as this time i installed it again it was pretty straight forward and worked nicely for me

Comment

Working...
                            X