Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft lawyer supports UT3 mods

Yep its True!!!!!!

Microsoft lawyer Don McGowan commented on those Unreal Tournament III mods I posted about the other day in his blog, and, quite wonderfully, he's all for 'em. He states that the modifications fall completely within the Game Content Usage Rules and that users want to port Master Chief over to more games then do so as it will only bring more support for the Halo series.

Link:

http://www.gamegrep.com/news/8102-mi...3E%3Ca%20href=

And much though I love my friends at Epic, Unreal Tournament isn't Halo
    Which is why I don't play halo.

And no one is taking characters from PlayStation games and putting them on our platform...
    Cloud from FF7 has been put into ut3, and that character would be playable on UT3 on the xbox but microsoft don't allow user content. Tisk tisk. Flawed idiotic statement to bash the other console, he's basically saying "oh no one wants to play as crappy ps3 based characters! they just want characters from our console!".

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
      Which is why I don't play halo.
      I agree UT3 aint Halo, but on the other hand since daddy Gates/Bungie has pretty much shined on all of us PC users the next best thing was to have UT3 that allowed users to make some awesome maps Of Halo with new weapons, vehicles and maps and more and not have to buy some **** console game and have to pay a game online. ( IMHO that is a ripoff to buy a game and then have to pay to play it online not kool ). You see lot of us PC users dont play console games. Personally I could care less. I think that it great for those who like console games more power too ya.

Im an ol' pc gamer from way back when. And always will be. I like that dedicated UT3 server that supports Halo maps only its awesome. It brings back that ol Halo feeling again without have to spend some major bux just to play a game online. As we all know that all Halo 1 needed was a face lift some new maps grafix and weapons. Thats all! And I glad that I have that opportunity with UT3. Thanks to the developers of UT3 and the awesome user community map makers that make these awesome Halo Maps for UT3

Comment

never going to happen!
        Look at the date of the article! It dated in 2008!

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion2500 View Post
          never going to happen!
          Look at the date of the article! It dated in 2008!
          So who cares what the date is. The fact that Microsoft lawyer Don McGowan said that should be sufficient enough rofl

Microsoft lawyer Don McGowan stated "He states that the modifications fall completely within the Game Content Usage Rules and that users want to port Master Chief over to more games then do so as it will only bring more support for the Halo series"

What part of the statement do you "NOT" understand sir????

Comment

Originally posted by hozerdude View Post
            So who cares what the date is. The fact that Microsoft lawyer Don McGowan said that should be sufficient enough rofl

Microsoft lawyer Don McGowan stated "He states that the modifications fall completely within the Game Content Usage Rules and that users want to port Master Chief over to more games then do so as it will only bring more support for the Halo series"

What part of the statement do you "NOT" understand sir????
            yeah but read about EPIC canceled mod support for Microsoft because "Microsoft wanted the people who own UT3 for Xbox to PAY FOR EACH MODS!" Microsoft is a greedy company. What part of that do you not understand?

Comment

yeah but read about EPIC canceled mod support for Microsoft because "Microsoft wanted the people who own UT3 for Xbox to PAY FOR EACH MODS!" Microsoft is a greedy company. What part of that do you not understand?
              Ok whatever have a nice day!

Comment

And Epic is currently active on what platform?

Comment

Originally posted by Repta View Post
                  And Epic is currently active on what platform?
                  Bulletstorm is due to release on Xbox360, PS3 and PC.

Comment

Microsoft's reason for not allowing custom content on their online service is the exact same reason Nintendo required all Nintendo console games to be approved by them: an iron-grip control of the quality of things that grace their product/service.

That's why Epic couldn't push out an update to include the 360 in the modding loop, not because Microsoft wanted to charge for every bit of content (though I'm sure they would have looked favorably on some compensation for use of their service; bandwidth is not cheap). Draw in the lines as much as you want, but read all of the press releases and forum posts since this game's release before making inaccurate, declarative and inflammatory statements.

That said, the final comments from that lawyer are clearly biased (not to mention false and wrong at the time he posted it) and it still does not matter. Everyone takes jabs at competitors all the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X