We need a free month of ut3 on steam!! Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need a free month of ut3 on steam!! Please

Seriously, this game needs some new people fast..........I seen ppl play gametypes that they never play lol

There shouldn't be much of a problem with experience players running into noobs since so many veterans are not online anymore (especially in north america)

Anyone think this is a good idea, since its been out so long now?

sure why not but it will only bring players in for a month I don't think it will help the numbers long term. But what the hell it wouldn't hurt.

Comment

as a newly integrated steam client operator (thanks portal!)
      i perhaps can see some goodness to the whole steam powered thing.
      a can also see some goodness to trying to get more players back.

plzplz?

Comment

I have a very popular site for another game , I'm going to link this forum from it as well ...... hopefully that may darg a few more to UT3

Mal-

Comment

I guess a free month couldn't hurt, though I doubt it'd revive the player count much.

Comment

There's no good reason for a free month in my opinion.
            If Epic releases a new patch, it could attract some more players.
            When they released the Titan Pack they made a smart move with the free-weekend.
            Unfortunately, many guys were not convinced.

But well, 1 month is a long time on the other hand.
            Anyway, I doubt Epic will make free days/weeks/months anymore...

Cheers!

Comment

Yeah, what we need, is a new update. A new patch, a new bonus pack, something. Only this way interest in the game can be revived.

The best and probably most profitable thing Epic could do is an "UT2004" for UT3. Let's say about 40 new maps, Assault mode, new UI, some cool new stuff, plus all the previous content from UT3 and the Titan Pack, on the shelf. Instant buy for me! And it could bring a lot of people back.

Comment

You guys don't ask for much do you....

Besides. GoW3 and Bulletstorm are underway.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
                  You guys don't ask for much do you....

Besides. GoW3 and Bulletstorm are underway.
                  I wasn't asking for anything, I was just thinking loud about possibilities. ^^ And Nightmare85 only asked for a new patch, which absolutely isn't asking too much.

Also, Bulletstorm is being made by People Can Fly, not Epic directly, or is it? Right now Epic's working on GoW3, but they should be finished with that early next year. After that they could focus on an UT3 update. To be totally honest, I do not care much about GoW3 (I don't have a XBox) or Bulletstorm. But what I do care about, is UT3. And of course a large UT2004-like update like I described above shouldn't be for free, I would easily pay full price for that.

Comment

I think a month is too much too ask . A week would be nice .

Even if 3 out of 10 guys who will try the game buy it = big increase in player count.

Regarding the patch : I don't have hopes but if a free week or other tricks boosts the player count , i think they will consider it .

Comment

good idea
                      ut3 neat some new players

Comment

imo they should make it free and do alittle advertisement about it...

because the way i see it, is like this.

if they keep selling it, they most likely wont sell more than few 100 copies anyway, so its no big money machine anyway, and if they made it free it might get few 100 players..

if you compare it with quakelive, its pretty simple why quakelive have more activity , simply because its free, because it sure aint a better game if you ask me, ut3 imo is 10 times better, but still it got less players because ppl gotta pay for it..90% of those which play quakelive are just random gamers which play it when they are bored , rest 10% are those which are hardcore quakers...

and those who play ut3 now are those who love it and payed for it....rest of the random players simply dont buy it because they got quakelive and its free so why even bother buy ut3??

nah make it free and it will be played as much as quakelive

Comment

ut3 is also a little bit more graphic intensive which makes it harder to run. QL can just run on any old comp

Comment

lol @ patch requests.

Hey epic, please pump some money into this dead game which belongs to a franchise you openly said you are not going to work on any time soon.

Comment

There are plenty of good custom maps, for each game mode.
                              I don't know if it makes sense to create another bonus pack (official pack I mean).
                              What does Epic have to lose?
                              UT2004 had at least 2 bonus packs.
                              Let's say 5 new maps for each mode and then a free weekend, week, month or whatever.
                              New players must be attracted, somehow.

Furthermore UT3 needs more active servers.
                              There are plenty of abandoned servers, no one wants to join them - they all want instant action, which I can understand somehow.
                              Currently it's very limited and I'm sure many players quickly lose their interest.

And regarding a patch:
                              You can forget that anything gets fixed (at least I doubt a patch will come), but maybe they could at least update the server browser.
                              UT2K4 has plenty of possibilities, UT3 is very limited (in this regard).

Although I don't play UT3 anymore I wish it had more players, because I know it's a great game.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X