Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, how to fix low fps in windows 7?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by The Ancient Keeper View Post
    yes but i doubt its the cpu fault, that would mean other games to get a performance impact of 40% too which none other gets...
    Then it's obviously not Windows 7 either.
    Perhaps an ATI driver issue with UT3 on Win7 64!

    While you would probably see a small FPS difference between OS's it's would never be as large as your's.

    Perhaps you should visit the ATI forums.

    Comment


      #17
      my gpu is not the issue here as even at 800*600 with lowest settings it still looking like its beyinb bottlenecked by the cpu, odd thing tought the cpu claim its beying maxed to 100% usage when in ut3, altough i do not know how that is possible with such low frames...
      the gpu is around 60% at 1080p

      Maybe it trully is the windows 7 fault? :S

      Comment


        #18
        Have you checked the default settings in the ATI CCC in 3D, perhaps there set to higher default settings then they were on crappy XP.

        Comment


          #19
          lol, crappy xp? XP was the most used operating system in microsoft history, and had the biggest success and spawn life aswell from 2001 untill 2014, so if that OS is crappy then i dunno what other OS from microsoft is not crappy...

          As for the ATI CCC, thx for the suggestion but i use ATI Tray Tools and everything is on default.

          Comment


            #20
            Hey, I just want to say, I have issues since I installed win7 64 too. On xp 32 it was running flawlessly. I have given up on trying to solve it though

            Issues:
            -dropping framerate. also switching to desktop and back seems to have huge impact on framerate/this weird stuttering.
            -maps sometimes load ok (in time before match starts) and sometimes it takes forever to load (when I finally join, we either lost our prime already or have theirs ;-) )

            Comment


              #21
              hey, thx for your reply and while i regret your experiencing this issue i feel a bit more comfortable to know im not alone in this fight, have you noticed lower fps and more stuttering than in win xp with any other game or just ut3?
              Thx in advance!

              PS: was your cpu a dual core? whats the model and brand of your cpu?

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by The Ancient Keeper View Post
                lol, crappy xp? XP was the most used operating system in microsoft history, and had the biggest success and spawn life aswell from 2001 untill 2014, so if that OS is crappy then i dunno what other OS from microsoft is not crappy...
                That is only because it was spawned in an era when desktop PC sales were flourishing and consumers were on the PC frenzy.

                Now that PC's are a mainstream item and enthusiasts and graphics lovers abound were looking for more then XP can give us and that would definitely be Windows 7 or Vista.

                If you think otherwise then be left in the past, I couldn't care less.

                I,m pretty sure I posted a thread here once showing Vista giving a faster or similar frame rates then XP in this game yet everyone said Vista sucks. LOL

                You say your having no issues with any other games but insist on blaming Windows 7 - that just doesn't make any sense!

                You either have a video driver isssue or something similar [EDITED OUT]

                Comment


                  #23
                  lmao, no offense mate but windows xp is the best operating system of microsoft from the entire history, possibly only windows 3.1x was that much good as windows xp is now today.
                  Windows Vista Indeed sucks, in both performance and quality, just because you get the same fps in a game doesnt mean you get better boot times, better performance in cpu calcs and less resource hogging on both cpu and ram, its exactly the opposite, not only win vista was and STILL is to date horribly and i repeat HORRIBLY bugged, infact, so much more bugged than Windows 7 it was stupidly expensive aswell, lol, srsly thats the most funny excuse i ever saw in my life for ppl not wanting to admit their knowledge in the OS is unexistent.

                  Winxp is the most popular OS, not because it consumes less resources, not because its more performant, nor because it has the best compatibility in drivers... it was because in 2001 ppl used to buy alot of pcs, oh i wonder why, hmmm was it because windows xp was so darn good?! nah that mustnt be it

                  And let me stop you there right now, in Windows Vista Era (if you even can call that an operating system) i dont know 1 single person that i met in my life that didnt complain about the suckyness in compatibility and the slow motion performance, infact everyone i know that had the support drivers for xp downgraded to XP after buying their desktops and laptops, that excludes me as the drivers for xp for my asus laptop were buggy.

                  PS: i can show you the same fps in xp vs vista on my notebook, if you ever heard of such thing as graphics card bottleneck you would know why ppl loled at vista when you sticked up for that pile of amateurish crapwork

                  Now that im done with that lets get back to the topic.


                  Guys im thinking of downgrading to win xp 64, windows 7 is just to new and needs some maturity in fixes, if i downgrade to win xp64, does it runs the same performance as the 32bits? anyone was able to test this out? also i have a creative audigy 2 zs card, is it as compatible as it is on win xp x86? im talking about CMSS, EAX effects, EAX Console, you know the things that are missing in windows 7 and vista.

                  Thx in advance!

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by The Ancient Keeper View Post
                    lmao, no offense mate but windows xp is the best operating system of microsoft from the entire history, possibly only windows 3.1x was that much good as windows xp is now today.
                    Windows Vista Indeed sucks, in both performance and quality, just because you get the same fps in a game doesnt mean you get better boot times, better performance in cpu calcs and less resource hogging on both cpu and ram, its exactly the opposite, not only win vista was and STILL is to date horribly and i repeat HORRIBLY bugged, infact, so much more bugged than Windows 7 it was stupidly expensive aswell, lol, srsly thats the most funny excuse i ever saw in my life for ppl not wanting to admit their knowledge in the OS is unexistent.

                    Winxp is the most popular OS, not because it consumes less resources, not because its more performant, nor because it has the best compatibility in drivers... it was because in 2001 ppl used to buy alot of pcs, oh i wonder why, hmmm was it because windows xp was so darn good?! nah that mustnt be it

                    And let me stop you there right now, in Windows Vista Era (if you even can call that an operating system) i dont know 1 single person that i met in my life that didnt complain about the suckyness in compatibility and the slow motion performance, infact everyone i know that had the support drivers for xp downgraded to XP after buying their desktops and laptops, that excludes me as the drivers for xp for my asus laptop were buggy.

                    PS: i can show you the same fps in xp vs vista on my notebook, if you ever heard of such thing as graphics card bottleneck you would know why ppl loled at vista when you sticked up for that pile of amateurish crapwork

                    Now that im done with that lets get back to the topic.


                    Guys im thinking of downgrading to win xp 64, windows 7 is just to new and needs some maturity in fixes, if i downgrade to win xp64, does it runs the same performance as the 32bits? anyone was able to test this out? also i have a creative audigy 2 zs card, is it as compatible as it is on win xp x86? im talking about CMSS, EAX effects, EAX Console, you know the things that are missing in windows 7 and vista.

                    Thx in advance!
                    You do know Win 7 is better than Win XP?

                    XP still has security issues that haven't been fix and will never be. XP will no longer be supported by Microsoft in a few years? Months?

                    Win7 might be new but XP is going to be phased out.

                    Someday you will have to move on to a newer OS.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I only play ut3, so I don't know about other games ;-)

                      My cpu is in my signature, E6850 is dual core and it's Intel.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by I_LIVE View Post
                        You do know Win 7 is better than Win XP?

                        XP still has security issues that haven't been fix and will never be. XP will no longer be supported by Microsoft in a few years? Months?

                        Win7 might be new but XP is going to be phased out.

                        Someday you will have to move on to a newer OS.
                        If you readed my thread you would actually understand that it is what i was saying.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by barondro View Post
                          I only play ut3, so I don't know about other games ;-)

                          My cpu is in my signature, E6850 is dual core and it's Intel.
                          ic, so this loss is only for dual core systems then huh? ive seen other ppl with these problems and all of them had dual core cpus too.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            and yet with -onethread activated you get the same performance. I'll give it another try today and try that -dx9 one and onethread one and will let you know.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by The Ancient Keeper View Post
                              lmao, no offense mate but windows xp is the best operating system of microsoft from the entire history, possibly only windows 3.1x was that much good as windows xp is now today.
                              Windows Vista Indeed sucks, in both performance and quality, just because you get the same fps in a game doesnt mean you get better boot times, better performance in cpu calcs and less resource hogging on both cpu and ram, its exactly the opposite, not only win vista was and STILL is to date horribly and i repeat HORRIBLY bugged, infact, so much more bugged than Windows 7 it was stupidly expensive aswell, lol, srsly thats the most funny excuse i ever saw in my life for ppl not wanting to admit their knowledge in the OS is unexistent.

                              Winxp is the most popular OS, not because it consumes less resources, not because its more performant, nor because it has the best compatibility in drivers... it was because in 2001 ppl used to buy alot of pcs, oh i wonder why, hmmm was it because windows xp was so darn good?! nah that mustnt be it

                              And let me stop you there right now, in Windows Vista Era (if you even can call that an operating system) i dont know 1 single person that i met in my life that didnt complain about the suckyness in compatibility and the slow motion performance, infact everyone i know that had the support drivers for xp downgraded to XP after buying their desktops and laptops, that excludes me as the drivers for xp for my asus laptop were buggy.

                              PS: i can show you the same fps in xp vs vista on my notebook, if you ever heard of such thing as graphics card bottleneck you would know why ppl loled at vista when you sticked up for that pile of amateurish crapwork

                              Now that im done with that lets get back to the topic.


                              Guys im thinking of downgrading to win xp 64, windows 7 is just to new and needs some maturity in fixes, if i downgrade to win xp64, does it runs the same performance as the 32bits? anyone was able to test this out? also i have a creative audigy 2 zs card, is it as compatible as it is on win xp x86? im talking about CMSS, EAX effects, EAX Console, you know the things that are missing in windows 7 and vista.

                              Thx in advance!
                              LMFAO. Do you believe I just pull my comments from thin air?
                              I have been around since DOS was the only OS.
                              I actually haven't experienced many problems with any WIN OS from 3.1 through to Win7, performance wise included.

                              But then again i know when my PC needs an upgrade as well!

                              A lot of people do not have a clue how to optimise there OS or even properly set it up either and ....

                              most people try to run more advanced software including OS's and games on older hardware and want the same performance and that is where the real issue is.

                              It has nothing to with the OS at all!

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by gargorias View Post
                                LMFAO. Do you believe I just pull my comments from thin air?
                                I have been around since DOS was the only OS.
                                I actually haven't experienced many problems with any WIN OS from 3.1 through to Win7, performance wise included.

                                But then again i know when my PC needs an upgrade as well!

                                A lot of people do not have a clue how to optimise there OS or even properly set it up either and ....

                                most people try to run more advanced software including OS's and games on older hardware and want the same performance and that is where the real issue is.

                                It has nothing to with the OS at all!
                                no offense but youuve failed trying to proove your point, in DOS times there were plenty of other OS similar to MS-DOS for PC made by the respective pc brands and Apple already had their Mac OS, my Win 7 used to take me 1.4gb at startup, ive managed to make it only take me 780mb of ram and that is with aero theme on! and transparency activated.

                                Funny thing is theres no difference in performance with it off or with it on, there is also no difference in performance when os used to boot up with 1.4gb of ram already used or now that only takes 780mb of ram.

                                Also, you should know that 133fps in ut3 in win xp doesnt mean my system is bad, i get 47fps average in Crysis with all settings on high AA off and 1080p, so again i doubt my system is bad, i still only have a dx10.1 card but thats only because i dont have cash atm to waste on a 5870.

                                Heres my "so horribly outdated" specs:
                                Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 C0 stepping 3.0ghz @ 3.85ghz
                                Asus P5QL-PRO
                                4GB RAM: Corsair Dominator XMS2 2.1v 1066mhz 5-5-5-15

                                ATI HD 4870 512mb vram @ 800mhz core @ 962mhz gddr5 ram

                                Creative Audigy 2 ZS (Old but still a very good competitor with the newer x-fi cards in specs)

                                600watts Coolermaster Power Source.


                                Very outdated specs, i cant believe how i could even run windows xp with those

                                As for all OS beying the same and its always the hardware fault, im very sorry to say thats not true, learn a bit about kernels and you will reach the conclusion that any other guy that bothered to test up the OSes reached aswell...

                                I just cant believe you still think windows vista is not at fault for all those stupid bugs and hardware incompatibility, every newb knows that... infact even ms advertised that win vista sp1 would correct around 1000 errors in the crappy OS.

                                And yet, the bug fixes of the operating system has nothing to do with the OS beying bad or not, im pretty sure its the hardware fault in every aspect, if your windows explorer crashes before the startup is complete in vista, impretty sure you must need a new sound card, but u know what? have it your way, youre entitled to believe in anything you want.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X