• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bullestrorm first trailer

http://www.gamert.nl/video/bulletstorm.html

If the multiplayer is not about co-op, i'll buy this game for sure

Comment

It looks like it'll offer some intense gameplay.

That ultra large, kill info text, would get annoying though ,the UI settings need to allow it to be disabled rather than having to mess with inis.

Comment

i hope the online play will be good
        also hope that this game is as good as ut3 (forget the bugs here)

Comment

WOW!~ breath taking... it's Serious Sam and Bio Shock having a baby, plus awesome Jedi ****!!!! COOOOOOOL~ I WILL BUY THIS... tell me... PLEASE~ IT's got a "charging attack" like big daddy's "drill dash".... PLEEEAAASSSEE~ WOW combo=points? much like Mad World!~ they encourage you to be psychotic and creative! much like bio shock! and NO! I LOVE THE TEXT!!! it tells me am doing a good job and how creative my attacks are!~ i like.... it's different!

AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN "all your fault?" like half life? "oops, I push too hard... Apocalypse time!~"

WOW i hope it's got loads of power/weapon, and most important, "HOTKEY-ABLE force power" like jedi knight game... because it then allows players quickly change/combine moves/powers to setup combo attacks! like this game's offering... which i can tell you NOW that Bio Shock 2 lack, I only wish i can hot key all my plasmids as "quick launch", so a freez cube - rocket spear - phy toss - chain zap wouldn't be so hard to pull off. YES, I AM A SICK TWISTED VIOLENT GAMER who likes to toy with my target before I kill it in a very (creative) disturbing way, then gib the poor *******'s corpse (if i could)! anyhow, Yep, good looking, I'd look forward to this more than GOW3 on pc (probably not going to anyways...) just for it's speed+carnage+fun! thanks for the vid!~

Comment

Still not sold on the gravity gun thing. Honestly so tired of physics guns. As long as it's not a fking chore to use like HL2's...

Comment

Looks fairly okay. Not blown away by this tbh.

Still waiting for the next hardcore-deathmatch/warfare king to take UT3's place!

Comment

Look pretty good. While it still looks grungy I'm glad to see Epic has gotten a new colour palate ;D (way too much brown+grey+grey+more-grey in ut3 and gears)

Comment

Originally posted by Masaai_Warrior View Post
                  Looks fairly okay. Not blown away by this tbh.

Still waiting for the next hardcore-deathmatch/warfare king to take UT3's place!
                  You may be right.

It seems like once a player is trapped, by that stasis field thingy or a leg clamp (shown near the end of the trailer), their fate is taken out of their hands. In other words, it's like in-game downtime. Where you become a mere spectator, watching your character's fate - Kinda like getting mauled, but having no input.

That's the problem with the gimmicky, set piece animation hoverboard falls, that get so frustrating in UT3. I'd guess most true DM'ers would prefer to just blow chunks outta each other, maintaining full input and options, until someone wins.

I'd be happy to be wrong about this though.

The Graphics do indeed look spot on, nice and clear, unlike UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                    You may be right.

It seems like once a player is trapped, by that stasis field thingy or a leg clamp (shown near the end of the trailer), their fate is taken out of their hands. In other words, it's like in-game downtime. Where you become a mere spectator, watching your character's fate - Kinda like getting mauled, but having no input.

That's the problem with the gimmicky, set piece animation hoverboard falls, that get so frustrating in UT3. I'd guess most true DM'ers would prefer to just blow chunks outta each other, maintaining full input and options, until someone wins.

I'd be happy to be wrong about this though.

The Graphics do indeed look spot on, nice and clear, unlike UT3.
                    ...and that's an easy fix:

* The guy who tossed the bomb have min time to charge it up, before it can do max damage, or longer if bomber desires to see enemy struggle...

* The struggler will have to "QTE", or "quick mash" out before the bomb charges to full power (perhaps with the high pitch long beep charging sound... make it more intense?), if success, the bomb gets tossed away from the struggler (aim toss?)

* The fun comes when the bomber decides to "cut the losses" and detonate the bomb before it reaches to full power, which will deal way less damage... and don't forget the team mate can take shot at victim while this is happening, and good struggler will do QTE, while rolling around (towards the bomber? ) BTW i am imagining charge time to be like 5-7 second, at 6 second, it'll do only 50% of it's full damage, because this WILL make the "full wait" worth while...

* and YES the QTE/mashing thing will have to apply to the "Psy-lasso" too, only quicker (probably mashing in this case), because you are usually getting kill fast after being lasso-ed, or making lasso harder, like only works on player if lasso neck shots, or have to charge up for "tougher" targets... or make a move to un-lasso/psy absorb?
                    anyhow, there are many ways to balance a game, just have to use your head a little...

Comment

QTE FTL.

"Press these buttons to keep you busy while more interesting stuff happens around you."

No thanks.

Zero time to spectacle FTW. If the stasis field/leg clamp stops the victim player from being able to shoot back and is basically a death sentence, then just make the long, drawn-out death animation go on as the player respawns.

Peace,
                      -Rhykker

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
                        QTE FTL.

"Press these buttons to keep you busy while more interesting stuff happens around you."

No thanks.

Zero time to spectacle FTW. If the stasis field/leg clamp stops the victim player from being able to shoot back and is basically a death sentence, then just make the long, drawn-out death animation go on as the player respawns.

Peace,
                        -Rhykker

GOOD IDEA!

able to shoot even in lasso, and bomb tie (and being able to "roll around" while tied up, TOWARDS the bomber), or better; throw YOUR bomb!!! then you can BOTH BLOW EACH OTHER UP!!!!~ LOL wow, a true "double kill" that'd be fun! if you shoot and kill the guy that lasso you, (while in mid air) does it count as air combo?

Comment

Originally posted by Punichan View Post
                          able to shoot even in lasso, and bomb tie (and being able to "roll around" while tied up, TOWARDS the bomber), or better; throw YOUR bomb!!! then you can BOTH BLOW EACH OTHER UP!!!!
                          That sounds pretty cool. Like when you get nailed with bio goo in UT3, you have a second or two to get your revenge.

Would be great if Bulletstorm had dodges and wall dodges.

Peace,
                          -Rhykker

Comment

The trailer looks... okay, though rather gimmicky. Hopefully the next shines a better light.

Comment

Originally posted by Aldaron07 View Post
                              The trailer looks... okay, though rather gimmicky. Hopefully the next shines a better light.
                              "Gimmicky"? it looks TOTALLY COOL!~ like Serious Sam, it's going after the Arcade look/gameplay! it's got tons of fun shots, even though they show you like 3 guns, 2 different kicks, and 1 psy move (psy-lasso)! it's cool~ can't wait to see more guns, psy-powers, kicks (bicycle kick? like FEAR?) this guy already looking cooler than duke, if only he can kick more *** than just humanoid people, like lizardman, space suit dud, (i know, there is that big plant thing, but it don't count, because it's a boss...) and you know what? it's DIFFERENT, that's why it's cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X